BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Twilight

An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

In the imp: Floral. I can't pick out notes, but floral.

Wet: Honeysuckle and jasmine. Still very floral, nearly soapy.

Dry: Still floral. The honeysuckle stayed strong, while the jasmine drifted in and out. Never picked up on the lavender. Soap scent lingered throughout.

I really want to like this scent, but I think it's just too floral for me. Plus, the soapyness makes me feel like a box of scented Tide. I think this is a swap.

Twilight smells a lot like Sophia to me, which is one of my faves and often is the oil I wear to sleep. I think the herbal quality of lavender really tempers the jasmine in a way that makes the jasmine much less overweening. The honeysuckle is a little much for me, though, so I think I'll stick to Sophia.

Even so, this is a lovely capture of the concept of twilight.

In the bottle it smells like lavender. On me it smells like soap. Not just soap but SOAP! It smells like I have Ivory soap caked under my fingernails, or like I was washing my face and accidently got soap in my mouth. Cloying heavy floral and soap. I love Oneroi, which also has lavendar and jasmine, so I don't understand why this was so bad on me.

Ranking: "ugh"

I really should know better than to try jasmine scents at this point. Jasmine has decided that my body is it's own personal amp. However I was looking for a true, summer-night honeysuckle smell so I figured I'd give Twilight a try and I got it in a swap.

In the imp I love how it smells. It has a sweetness that I don't normally pick out in florals. And although jasmine is horrible on me, I like the way it smells when it's NOT on me. Unfortunately, when I put it on it was nothing but overpowering jasmine. :P

Off to the swap bin.

twilight.jpg

At first I thought I smelled violets in this mix. Then I realized it was lavender with sweet white florals dancing attendance. It is a very pretty blend and quite fit for the woman who wants lavender to keep rambunctious white flowers in check. I think this is a wonderful representation of the hour of twilight, when the world starts to be indistinct but there is a touch of lavender all around the light and the promise of sleep to "knit up the raveled sleeve of care."

The icon is of the legendary Rod Serling, host and creator of the TV series The Twilight Zone

i got this as a freebie from the lab, so it's not something i would usually order at all. i think all i am smelling is the honeysuckle and jasmine. i can't detect the lavender at all. it's very soapy/commercial perfumey like others have said.

at first it's very strong and sharp, and causes me to wrinkle my nose. it fades a bit, but is still too strong and floral for my tastes.

i do like florals...but more of the violet and rose variety, so this scent is just not me and is off to swap.

My first review!!

In the bottle: VERY strong lavender that seemed to WAKE me up.

On, wet: Still strong lavender but it relaxed enough to let the other florals come through. Very crisp.

On, dry: Very nice. The florals blend perfectly with the lavender being just a touch stronger than the rest. Still very crisp.

Couple hours later: Softer. Not as crisp and slightly soapy but not enough to turn me off.

I put a little of this on my pillowcase and I felt completely at peace and I think I slept better than I have in ages. I don't know if it's because I kept taking deeeeeep long breaths through my nose so I could take in the scent or if it was the scent itself. I would say it was most likely a combination of the two.

Definitley a keeper and a 5ml or even 10ml bottle buy!

I was delirious over some of the reviews of this perfume, so I tried it.

It was lovely in the bottle, very floral and dark and heady, with a background of mustiness.

On, it because the smell of plant matter LITERALLY rotting on my skin. It had to be washed off. Twilight + My Skin = bad, very bad.

ADDED Jan. 12:

Wet: Soapy floral with lots of stem notes.

Dry: a light sweet floral with lots of jasmine. A tad soapy, but pretty. I'll go along with this being a yellow floral, not a white. It's fresh but maybe too sweet for non floral lovers. has the barest hint of stem.

This was a frimp from the Lab in one of my recent orders. This is light, soft a bit floral and herbal. It smells very similar to Somnus. I can detect reeds or bamboo and I think jasmine. After several minutes a powdery note comes through that might be violet or lavender. This dries down to mostly a jasmine note. This one is okay but not really for me.

The first note that I noticed was the lavender, thenI can smell the honeysuckle. It smells nice enough. On my skin I can't smell the lavender, the honeysuckle amps up. As this dries, I get a hint of jasmine. Then it turned soapy. Floral soap. I give this a little longer to dry, and it remained soap. Oh well.

in the bottle: The lavender is obvious even before popping the cap. I've had a very complex relationship with lavender essential oils in the past, so I approach this one with some leeriness. However, the scent is sweet and true: pure lavender. I don't pick up the jasmine, but the honeysuckle is something that I figured out last night when I put it on before going to bed during that dry down, even before knowing that it was there... so now, trying to find it, I do detect a kind of sweetness that is atypical of lavender. It kind of moderates and smooths out the tones here. I do not get any Thomas Hardy wandering-the-heath vibes, but this scent is more substantial than the typical lavender satchels one can buy to put in with clean laundry to make it smell nice.

wet: lavender like WHOA. My past experiences cause me to fear that this will curdle with my body chemistry, turning into a very unattractive and lingering odor... but somehow, perhaps because of all the sweet undertones, the scent does not change. This is not yummy but it is girly, but in a far more sophisticated way than seraphim is. Perhaps because of the name, but even more because I am aware of the supposedly sophoric effects of lavender in traditions outside of mere homeopathy, I find that this scent is very relaxing. Better than incense for striking up a meditative mood, in fact.

dry: it's amazing, but the honeysuckle really does come to dominate after a while. I love honeysuckle... it's such a bright and yet unassuming scent, and is very evocative of childhood memories from my time in grade school. Buttery and yet clear, honeysuckle blends with the lavender to create a really gorked out mood. I feel like being nice to everyone and talking on and on and on. I also wouldn't mind taking a nap. <3

Verdict: Not as showy as Seraphim, but more complex and delicate. I think I could grow to like this one very much, but even as is, I would definitely be interested in more. A winner!

This should basically be Eos, which I love, mixed with lavender, which I like. Instead it doesn't work for me. The lavender goes on very strong and almost medicinal, and after a while seems to turn the other notes soapy. Drydown reminded me oddly of Darkness.

I think I just don't like blends of lavender with other florals. They seem to always smell somehow wrong --- kind of messy. I loved Gaueko, but thathad lavender paired with incense notes.

Mmmm. Twilight is a great soft floral - I get almost all honeysuckle and jasmine and practically no lavender. S'ok though - this reminds me very strongly of Kate Spade's Beauty and also a summer night, which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I just wish it lasted longer! After a couple of hours it had faded a lot - maybe I just need to put more on! (I can see myself heading for a big bottle of this.)

In the vial: Levender, Nothing but lavender.

Wet:There's the jasmine, with some lavender standing in the back, but still as noticeable as the really tall kid in school pictures.

Dry:Soapish, as jasmine seems to like turning on me. It smells very much like shower-freshness. That and this perfume I associate with a fair-trade shop in town, and exotic perfume scent.

Final: I like this for if/when I have to act like an elegant, adult lady. A bit closer to conventional perfume, but still unusual and exotic. Wish I'd thought of this when I went to the opera the other weekend.

I thought I loved all the ingredients in the description and put it on my must-try list. When I saw it on a forum swap, I grabbed it and tried it as my very first bpal.

It came across as very strong floral soap to my untrained nose and then faded within a few hours. It wasn't the smell I was looking for. I keep trying it every week or two to see if I develop a nose for it, but I've found other blends that I like better.

Twilight

In the imp: lavender and jasmine. Very nice.

Wet on skin: lots and lots of lavender.

Dry on skin: mainly lavender but the jasmine and honeysuckle come out more now. It's light yet heady and deep at the same time. like a fragrant summer evening, the purple light of twilight and the scent of night blossoms. Lovely.

After a while: the lavender fades, leaving the other florals behind. There's a slight greenish smell here that reminds me of celery, or the reaction I tend to get with gardenia. It's not too bad, but unexpected and a bit distracting. It's a light, clean scent now.

Verdict: this is a nice, simple scent, very evocative of twilight. I really like the just dried stage-with the deep lavender and jasmine. I'm not so keen on the drydown, it has a distracting sharp green scent that clashes a bit with the original floral scent. I do like it, and I do think it would make a good night time scent, but I prefer Paris and Sophia as my lavender scents.

In the vial it's very cool and sparkley. The lavender stands out more when it's wet. Then it gets more floral. After it dries it is mostly jasmine. The jasmine just isn't working on me. oh well.

Wet, lavender is the strongest note, though softened by the other florals.

Dry, it balances out nicely to a feminine herbal-floral scent, like a luxurious milky bar of soap. Sophisticated!

Oof!

I was hit with lavendar, which dried down to lavendar, and continued as lavendar until I washed it off at night. I personally do not like lavendar blends (though Luna is nice) and this one is no exception - sharp, sour toilet water is what I think of it, and it's a rare blend that can make me think otherwise.

My first swap - from HonorAlexandria. :D Thank you!

First on: Liquid lemon drops. Yummy!

20 minutes: Lemon, lemon, lemon. Don’t get me wrong – it’s quite a lovely lemon - but where’s the jasmine? The honeysuckle? The lavender?

30 minutes: Oh! There’s some honeysuckle, I think. And another flash of lavender. I guess I’ll wait a bit...

Okay, there it is! This is the scent of lavender, jasmine, and honeysuckle I was expecting. Lovely. (I wonder where that lemon was coming from?)

The jasmine is amping up now – Wow! An intoxicating scent close to the wrist. Not much throw that I can discern, though.

Finally, a luminous (transparent?) floral, with just enough edge (the lavender?) to keep it from being too sweet.

This is a lovely scent, but an allergic headache is threatening. :P Ah well... off it goes to the swap pile.

I keep getting frimps of this and I keep forgetting what is in it until I look it up.

There is a simplicity to some of these scents that have been in the catalogue since the beginning (or very near the beginning at any rate), with three notes, all familiar to most who dabble with aromas, forming a little trio. It still has a complexity to it though: the pungent heady jasmine floral, the medicinal lavender and the sweet honeysuckle, all do battle and one never quite dominates.

As a color it comes across as a lavender of course, shining with bits of a pale gold, which is very pleasant.

Jasmine gives me an awful headache but I like lavender and honeysuckle enough that they keep it in check. Still, these sweet heady florals are hard for me to wear. I might enjoy it in the spring or early summer when I'm walking outside but let's face it, I really just want to smell like trees and incense.

Twilight ITB: pure baby oil.

On: baby oil and jasmine.

Dry: quite sour, as jasmine usually goes on me. Still has that baby oil base note on me.