BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Twilight

Twilight:

An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

In the bottle I smell lavender and something sweet. Twilight should be something I like because it carries three florals I love seperately.

Wet on, the honeysuckle comes out to the foreground tempered by the jasmine. Really nice springtime scent.

On the drydown, the honeysuckle stays to the foreground. Smells just like it does in the summer when the honeysuckle bushes are in full bloom and the evening breezes carries the scent wafting in through my bedroom window.

Dry, this is a lovely floral blend of mostly honeysuckle with some lavender notes in the background. Luckily I don’t smell too much Jasmine because I realized I don’t think I would like the blend of honeysuckle and jasmine much.

A great springtime scent, one for an imp though, I don’t think I would use a big bottle much.

In the Imp: Lavender, lots of it, and it's acting like Eucalyptus.

Wet, swiped on my wrist: Whoa not much morphing here... The Lavender is still acting like Eucalyptus but I smell the Honeysuckle as a modest midground. No Jasmine yet. Plenty of Throw on the Lavender, none on the Honeysuckle...

10 minutes-drydown: Honeysuckle asserts itself, Lavender retreating to the backgroud to serve as an interesting herbacious base note, but, where's the Jasmine?

20 minutes- I had to stay with this one, it's interesting... And it's clearing my sinuses... There's the Jasmine it's joined up with the Honeysuckle to make this seductively sweet floral top note, but, the Lavender, still not acting like itself, refuses to sit down and shut up.... I like that, it lends the scent an herbal coolness and complexity, when it might have otherwise ended up cloyingly sweet.

35 minutes- The Lavender is finally beginning to act like it normally does on me, and turning soft and talcy with just a little bit of kick. :D The Honeysuckle and Jasmine aren't throwing on me like they usually do (this is a very good thing). This fragrance is subtle... Pleasantly so, I'm very glad that I won't be invading anyone's space with a cloud of floral scent. There's just enough throw in this blend to envelope my immediate personal space, but it's interesting and herbal enough to get noticed if someone happens to get close enough to smell it...

Final thoughts: I really like this blend, it's complex enough for me to need to get to know it better... It's a very clean floral scent, very much like a windy early spring twilight... The scent of newly blooming flowers carried by a strong wind prickly with the last chills of winter... A lovely scent, and dead on.... Another hit for Elizabeth and company. :D :P

ETA: A word to the wise, apply this fragrance sparingly, for those whose skin loves to grab on to honeysuckle with a deathgrip, you won't be disappointed in this one, it will last for days, you will not be able to wash it off. Activity (even light activity) amps up the throw on this one, so if your going to clean, wash dishes, run errands be prepared for people to smell you coming. I still like the complexity of it though, and I will wear it again when I'm perhaps slightly less pissed, and therefore have a lower blood pressure and skin temp.

Edited by Shollin

It's remarkable how much this smells like the actual name. I think it's the honeysuckle, with that very gentle sweet note that brings some lightness to the lavender.

Straight out of the bottle and onto my skin it was thick lavender. The jasmine began to appear as it dried, adding another dimension and then the honeysuckle came on last. It's the honeysuckle scent that stays the longest, after the others fade down. I think it's beautifully balanced, and a pleasure to wear.

Bottle ~ A strong citrus on top of a sharp incense.

Wet ~ Citronella.

Drying ~ Lighter citronella.

Dry ~ One me, this smells like someone dumped grapefruit juice on a lit pile of incense.

Fade ~ A light, powdery, musky perfume. If someone made a dusting powder from a standard commercial perfume, this is how I'd expect it to smell.

Final thoughts ~ This could be nice in a bath, or as a room scent. On me, at present, it smells like I got into someone's long-discarded perfume.

When I got gifted an imp of Twilight, I was convinced it was a duplicate that I had already tried, but I checked the reviews and spreadsheet and in fact it's new to me. :P

First Impression: Lavender!

Second Impression: The lavender stays, seemingly a single note while Twilight dries. But after a bit it goes completely leaving nothing but jasmine, but it's not overly strong, this is smooth jas. Long after the jas starts to fade, just a hint of golden honeysuckle remains on the skin.

Final Analysis: Lovely, just lovely. I don't care for lavender, but it's fades quite quickly and the drydown is so very nice.

In the bottle: The green parts of lavender plants, sweet florals.

Wet: Instant soap. Very nice lavender soap tho.

Drydown: The lavender soap is gone and the jasmine has taken the stage and is singing her little heart out. Ouch.

Finally: Jasmine has a way of being a complete stage hog. She’s very loud and unfortunately, she wreaks her horrible sweet vengence all over this blend. :P to jasmine.

Lavender and jasmine...no honeysuckle. This smells just like Somnus and Oneiroi on me. I like those for their intended purpose, but now I associate the combination with sleep. Also, jasmine hates me and tends to take over and go all rice/soapy. I'm going to stick to the dream oils for lavender/jasmine – off to swap with Twilight.

Edited by isyche

ooooo the lavender is very strong and sharp at first, I don't think I'll like this (despite liking lavender).

but as it dries - goodbye old lady! the honeysuckle comes out & it's not too sweet, it's lovely. the jasmine is not too strong, the florals just blend beautifully. I guess the lavender stops it from being too sweet.

I really love this :P and I've only swiped my arm (no pulse points). I must try it again v.soon & maybe I'll get a bigger bottle. it's lovely.

DH approves too :D

Twilight smells like a soft evening falling after a warm, lazy day.

It's sad, but not overwhelmingly so.

Wet: floral, lavender honeysuckle and maybe lily of the valley with a sharp tone and a sniff like rain

Dry down: floral, soft, roses and honeysuckle

hours later, very soft, lingering roses and lavender.

When I first smelled it, I remember it smelling quite a bit different than what it smells like now. Now, I'm smelling herbs, it seems, and very loud florals. I have a feeling this isn't going to work on me.

First on me, it sharpens, almost unbearably so, and nearly makes my eyes water. Hardcore flowers, but I wish I could smell the honeysuckle. I can pick out the lavender a bit, and I guess the jasmine is what's going to war with it. Oo, and very, very faint bit of honeysuckle is starting to float off, very occasionally. In fact, as I let this sit for a few minutes, it gets to be that from a distance, I can only smell little wafts of honeysuckle, but up close, it's all lavender and jasmine.

After a while, the honeysuckle has vanished and I can just smell a mixture of the lavender and jasmine, though it's hard to pick out one or the other. It's kind of nice, but I'm not very partial to florals, and will probably swap this one.

Yum! The lavender and the honeysuckle really come out on me. It smells like a fresh garden at night time.

I wasn't too sure of this since it was such a strong floral in the bottle, but on my skin it is absolutely beautiful. The jasmine and the honeysuckle are the dominant notes.

When I close my eyes, I am outside on a warm spring evening. I don't know how Beth captures the smell of twilight, but she did it. Amazing.

In the bottle this smells of too-sharp lavender.

But after a few minutes on it's something else!

The lavender is still there, but the honeysuckle has come out and sweetened and softened it a bit. I don't get the jasmine at all, but I can live with that.

For some reason this brings to mind pictures of my childhood summers, exploring the forest by my house in Germany, coming home to find cool baths and freshly washed sheets on my bed. A very peaceful, calm, innocent scent. Highly relaxing. :P

I find that funereal oils tend to be too heady for me, which makes sense in my mind as I have some connotation with what "funereal flowers" and such should smell like, don't ask me why....

For some reason, twilight was very soapy right from the get go. I'm still learning what my skin does to scents and I'm not sure what brings out a soapy smell for me.

On drydown, there are a few scents that smell like, well, I don't know, I want to say "plaque" or something just very weird. I know it's not the scents themselves, but their reaction with my skin doesn't fare well. I think I am noticing that both oakmoss and honeysuckle have this affect.

Too bad as I find the funereal oils lovely, yet most of them just don't seem to end up being something I can wear. I actually think I need to try these as room scents, because the flowers are certainly beautiful in them.

Twilight is like the cool side of the pillow.

This blend of fragrances has a clearing and relaxing effect on me. It does remind me of that half-hour at the end of a summer day, when the sun has just gone down, but the shadows haven't taken over. The floral scent gradually takes over your consciousness as the visual input fades.

This will be a candidate for replacing Chiroptera as a evening scent.

another so amazingly appropriately named scent! twilight. sweet late summer twilight, with just a ghost of light still with you, in your floral bower.

in the imp: JASMINE.

wet, on my skin: lavender is much more prominant than the jasmine, which is still there. i OUGHT to like this, i love this smell on flowers. but it is so floral on me. BAD tes!! BAD chemistry!! just after the dry down, there were all sorts of fleeting notes of honeysuckle underneath the predominant lavender and jasmine. fleeting, as if the wind just blew through the honeysuckle vine out on the fence.

dry down: meh. soapy. soapy floral, but still soapy. heavy sigh. another no go. maybe i should just accept that beth's lovely florals just do NOT work on me????

:P

To me this is Sophia without the musk. It is vaguely like somnus as well, but softer and more girlie. It is such a light soft elusive scent but the dry down lasts for quite a while.

The start of it, beware! It is sharp and very biting with shrill lavender and asmine. But relax because the bite dissapears as the scent dries and becomes soft and whispery. I don't get powder thank goodness, just fresh clean air with the soft drift of lavender and flowers.

I got a shortie of this and I plan to use every drop :P I also plan to test it wrist to wrist with somnus to see which one I like better :D

Twilight turns to a jasmine/lavender-combo on me. While this may sound lovely, it is not for me. Too much toilet airfresheners with the same scent, I think.

In the imp this was entirely lavender, on me the jasmine joined it in the forefront and started to drown everything else out. This is a very nice scent, but a bit too pretty for me, and I would have liked to have seen (smelt) more of the honeysuckle.

I can't believe I've never reviewed this! It is a leftover "tarted" imp from my very first order. :P

Honeysuckle is one of my favorite scents ever, so filled with nostalgia for me. There is almost nothing that makes me happier than passing a honeysuckle vine and inhaling deeply. Makes me feel like I'm six years old again.

That said, I also love jasmine because I find it so calming and uplifting. However, sometimes I find it a bit too heady in scents.

This is a strong floral on me, but not headache inducing or obnoxious at all. I really don't get the lavender not at all from this one. It is just a lovely blend of jasmine and honeysuckle, and although it's not listed in the description, my nose is fooled into thinking there is also some wet rose in here.

When I smell Twilight, I can quite vivdly see an overgrown (but in a good way) flower garden at its summer peak behind a white picket fence, covered with a mist from the garden hose.

Twilight

Strong lavender at first. The kind of lavender that smells off to me. Overpowering lavender which fades off quickly to a light almost ozone-y floral. I'm quite certain that this floral has jasmine. It dries down to a slightly powdery but heady floral.

Twilight, I can't seem to stop sniffing you.

I absolutely adore the "cooling" quality of this scent. Whoever said Twilight is the cool side of the pillow is spot on. I'm one of those that has to be very careful with jasmine as sometimes it can almost smell stinky on my skin. Not in Twilight. The star of this show is the lavender, with the jasmine taking off the sharp edge it wants to have and the honeysuckle sweetens it just the right amount. A great scent for when you want to feel cool and relaxed on a stifling hot muggy summer day.

I don't really like floral blends... I know this, yet I still had to try Twilight. I figured that this would be a really strong scent, with the jasmine dominating. My skin usually amps up the jasmine. I was surprised that the lavendar is what stands out the strongest on me. The lavendar is cooling, like crisp night air. Then there is lovely honeysuckle twisting about through the lavendar. I never even smell that jasmine (which was a relief).

Overall this a lovely and not too overpowering floral. I've been looking for a soft honeysuckle scent, and this is that. :P

Smells very sharp or harsh in the imp, but does dry down softer. Lavender and jasmine are the key players here, unfortunately does smell quite soapy. Sorry, not for me.