BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

My skin seems to go for honey and vanilla scents, so I tried O. Unfortunately, it came out way too sweet and cloying on me. I could smell the amber and vanilla, but it was so heavy I almost felt like wheezing. It's not a bad scent at all, and it's sort of comforting in the winter because it's very warm, but it's not me. After half an hour it was baby powder with a little honey in the background.

O

Well, everybody else loved it...

In the bottle: Gorgeous! Light, raw honey and a little musky. I'm definitely catching a whiff of sex.

On me: A tiny bit of honey, then musk, then Play-doh. Ick! :P For a moment it was beautiful, then my skin chemistry got involved. Eventually, the play-doh smell fades a little bit and I can smell something musky and warm trying to surface. But it doesn't suceed, due to my skin.

I feel so sad that this doesn't work for me. :D Worse, I think the majority of my new order contains honey, which I think is responsible for this ickyness. I can wear amber, and generally I love vanilla.

In the imp: Athens, minus the spice... All honey, and, Vanilla... YUM!!!!

On me, swiped on wrist, wet: Honeyed amber, strong, rich, musky, and, unabashedly sexual.

drydown: two to three minutes: This is actually getting MORE powerful as it dries... Amber is the dominant musky note, with a supporting sweetness from the honey... The vanilla is gone, just gone...... I love this :P but I need to be wearing it on a day when I'm less hungry, it's curiously foody.....

I would never have guessed that citrus could smell so dirty!

This literally smells like sex on the beach to me - healthy, passionate, earthy sweat mixed with fruity margaritas dripping on warm bodies, getting everything sticky. The sense impression is so real, it makes me blush.

I can't figure out what the note is that turns this from an innocent fruit drink scent to something x-rated - it isn't a strong civet note (thank god - not a good note on me) - it's something about the combination, rather than any one dominant note.

Very unique & seductive scent (and NOT for work - unless your work is a bit risque).

O starts out all honey on me and then morphs to a cherry lolipop smell with a musky undertone. The oil I've applied to my skin seems to disappear instantly and I'm not even getting a lot of throw from my scent locket, which is unusual. This is definitely a skin scent and those of you who have a hard time getting scent to stick around may find this one impossible to deal with.

I like this, but not enough to get more once my imp is gone.

OOOOOOOOooooooo...YES! this is lovely. i am glad i got a big one! in the bottle it smelled like buttery band-aids, so i was immediately weary. first going on, it has kind of a cumin-deep vanilla-powdery smell, then it dries down to this looovely powder, a deep dark & delicious powder. so sexy & original. i layed it on heavy, because nothing from BPAL seems to last on me. but i kept saying "smell me" smell me" and they did, and they loved it!!

First sniff from the bottle- Dirty vanilla?

After 10 minutes- This smells like Dana O' Shee minus the almond. It also has an, erm...'sex' smell to it if you know what I mean.

After 30 minutes- Play Doh and sex. This has to be one of the strangest blends I have tried. I can't say that it is for me, but it is interesting to say the least.

Summery- Well, O is sexy seeing that it smells like vanilla coated sex. I'm not sure I want to smell like that all day though. I think in the 'sexy' BPAL scent department I am more of a 'Wanda' kinda girl! :P

This was a gift from the Lab, certainly something I wouldn’t have ordered myself. Every time I go to Black Broom I smell this one in the vial, and every time I think to myself “Oh god no.” But I know that scents can change radically with body chemistry, and a lot of people seem to really love this one, so when the largesse crossed my way, I figured I’d give it a shot.

In the vial: Sharp amber and honey. Wooh howdie, I am not liking the smell of Beth's honeys. I've always been a sage honey/milk honey kind of girl, and this honey is sharp, cloying and in your face. This is the same note I had such a violent reaction to in Samhain. Yeeouch.

Wet, on skin: It immediately turns funky and fusty. This is the smell of sex all right, but not in a good way. This is isn't the fresh smell of active sex, but the old dried stuff on your sheets because you had a great all-nighter and forgot to wash them before you want on vacation. Ugh. I don't want to SMELL like that. My Irish lad gave the most negative reaction he's ever given to a scent, scrunching up his nose and saying "Oh Good Lord, I don't like that at all!" Clearly, 0 and my skin chemistry do not agree.

Dry, on skin: The vanilla starts to come out as it dries, but it takes some time. I'm starting to be reminded of Kama Sutra Honey Dust, which would be great...except I never liked Kama Sutra Honey Dust. At least it does smell like old sex anymore. That's a huge improvement.

Conclusion: None for me, thanks. From reading other reviews, I'm sure this scent is fantastic on some people, but I'm clearly not one of those.

In the bottle: Yeah, I can smell the honey and the amber. The vanilla is somewhat in the background. At some times, it smells like some kind of bubble gum while at other times the amber is up front and kinda incensy. The vanilla lingers through the other notes but does not control the scent.

Wet: That odd kinda bubble gum fragrance again. Sweet yet but artifical sweet. Like pink crystals. And amber. Hmmm. This is kinda nice, but it lacks the popping quality I thought it might have.

Dry down: Sweet with a bit of a muky undertone, which has to be the amber on my skin. Unlike most honey blends, it's not turning into something wretched, but it's still not really impressing me too much. The vanilla remains in the background with the honey as a kinda sweet note while the amber has the forefront of the entire occasion. Amber is the pretty sibling in the ballgown.

Dry: Amber still. The vanilla and honey have both become background notes. I'm not a big fan of amber. I was hoping this would be a sweet and sexy vanilla fragrance. Not to say that it's not a nice scent. It's just less than what I had hoped for when I bought it. I'll let the boy smell it on me and see if he likes it, but I may be putting the bottle up for swap or sale.

Well, I don't "get" the sex aroma.

But I do get a sweet, light aroma grounded in amber. I think that my body temp runs a bit colder than normal, hence, the lack of "muskiness" expressed that everyone talks about.

I, personally like O as an everyday fresh-type scent. (I know I am weird!)

In the Bottle Yum YUM, I am salvating slightly at the smell of this

Wet Vanilla. It's not overtly sweet though. This smells similar to Snake Oil, but darker...... more complex........

Drydown It's gettin' smokey people. The honey seems to temper it though. Ahhhhhh ::drools:: if I was a guy, I'd be all over me right now. Fuck Snake Oil, O is the sexiest scent I've some across yet!

Two Hours Later I can smell the amber more..... and I hate amber...... :P

It was rather yummy before. Bah. Another scent ruined by amber

Verdict I really like it, even though I am not a Vanilla person. The amber kinda ruined it at the end though....... not bad altogether.

O

I've nailed it down...this reminds me of the Kama Sutra honey powder...which I totally adore!

You did indeed nail this one perfectly. I have the same stuff (Kama Sutra honey powder) and it could be it's twin.

If one couldn't use that as a description, I would say this:

Sex in a bottle. Like being rubbed down with honey and er....working out...for the next 6 hours.

THIS stuff will get you noticed in a hurry. :P

O... Oh, I love this...

In the Vial: Deep, Dark honey, but it's nice...

Wet: Sweet honey, lighter now, and it's soo good.... Vanillaish Honey, I don't know how to really describe it... But it's sweet.

Dry: Oh Gods, it smells so good, so sexy, sweet, honey, and, GODS it makes me FEEL sexy. If I was a male and I smelled this on me I would so jump me. Repeatively.

Conclusion: I need a bottle of this.... It smells so sexy, I'm not sure, which is sexier, O, or Hell's Belle. If you love Honey, or Lush's B Never shower gel, you will love this. It literally is awesome!

WEll after reading the description and reviews of O, I was sure I would love it.

In the Imp...I didnt like it, nose completly rejected it..bummer. I know not to judge a book by its cover so....

I swipe some on my wrist :P ...still awful apparently my chemistry doesnt mingle well with O :D

Drydown didnt improve..at all...as a matter of fact, while picking up clothes to do laundry today, without realizing it, the shirt I had worn while trying O was on top of the pile...I thought to myself...what is that awful smell.

I am new to all of this..so I'm not up on which scents work best, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's the amber my chemistry disagreed with, I tried Loviatar and had the same response.

I am sooooo jelous of those of you who this scent has swooned :D

Sweat and cherry cough syrup =( I think it's the amber going wonky on me...all sour-sweet and medicinal.

In the bottle: O smells like heaven... candied heaven.

Wet: Very honey and almond scented. Pure sweet bliss. I adore sweet scent and this one is perfect.

Dry after an hour: Beautiful. The milk gives it a beautiful depth. The honey makes it warm, and the vanilla makes it sweet and comforting. I just want to snuggle with myself. I had 3 strangers say I smelled delicious and amazing. My husband just kept wanting to smell me. WOW! I have it in my scent locket as well since the scent does fade pretty quickly on my skin, so whenever I want a whiff I just smell my locket.

This is my scent, I am going to wear this as often as possible.

ADDED Feb. 13:

In Bottle: Honey!!! Pure delicious honey!

On Skin: So sweet I can’t stop smelling myself. The honey is warm and beautiful. The vanilla gives it an even more comforting tasty edge, and the amber gives it a deep sexy kick. This is my signature scent, it is completely me and everyone that smells it on me has to make a comment on it perfectly defines me. “O” is my alltime favorite BPAL scent so far. I love layering it with a milk and honey lotion I have.

This one was okay, just okay. I smell very true to the ingredients, vanilla, honey and amber. Sadly I also smell a bit like almonds, just a tiny bit or I'd be HATING it, Nope don't hate it, but otherwise it IS a skin scent, just not a GOOD skin scent. I'm finding that I can do vanilla in one scent only so far. Desire. I LOVE desire, I'll stick with it.

Guest ExquisiteSiren

When I wear this oil...I feel submissive...sweet and a bit naive. I can't wear this when I go out.. because i feel exposed. Its exagerated feminineness. Womanly nectar dripping down your leg with no panties. I wonder how this would age....if the poweder note I am getting will fade. But i think the soft powder is what makes it have the embarassing sex quality, which is almost salty. The honey is sooo decadent and smooth. I love it..but I need a boyfriend to appriciate it I think, because this makes me sooooooo hot. Instant sex. It may not smell like sex...but it is uncanny how it comes to mind the minute I put it on. Like a warm halo of afterglowness. Ummm....i need a man *laugh*

***UPdate***

After a few months of it sitting in my box...the embarassing baby powder not is not as strong and has made O into a nice cozy scent. I have discovered that this is also the only bpal scent that makes me want to curl up in bed and sleep. It still smells as sexy, just in a warm sweet way, the way I was hopeing for.

YAy no more baby powder

*does the gig*

Edited by ExquisiteSiren

My skin and honey have an interesting relationship. O is a very interesting scent, for lack of more eloquent language. The amber turns a bit powdery to my nose, but otherwise it shares a thick, sweet, and slightly well, odd, smell of sex. The honey keeps it from going completely overboard though. I love the creamy sweetness and the way it seems to emanate from my skin.

A little too faint for my personal taste, but I definitely think it has infinite layering possibilities for me. It seems like a very golden scent to me- definitely "morning sex." :P

Initial Sniff: Honey, vanilla, and amber with a strange sort of tang.

Wearing: This starts off beautifully - all amber and honey. Very sexy. Then vanilla does the bad things vanilla does on my skin, and all of a sudden I smell like baby powder. Blargh.

Final Impression: I cannot wear vanilla. It saddens me. :P

In the bottle: This is weird, I have two samples of this and each smell vastly different. One smells like mint and vanilla, the other one smells like amber and honey. O_o

First on: Very minty, but creamy with notes of amber and powder. The other one, the dominant note here is honey, with slight traces of vanilla and amber.

After several minutes: Cool and creamy, it kinda reminds me of a baby doll's head. The other one, smells the same without the cool sensation.

After an hour: They both just smell like a creamy powdery amber now.

I like this scent, but I wish the vanilla and honey were not so over powered by the amber and not turned into a powdery note.

Wow, I totally love this. :P

It just seems like such a natural scent to me. It's warm, and it emanates off of my skin (must be the amber doing that).

At first, I just smelled vanilla and honey, but, then the amber emerged. For a few hours it was honeyed-amber, but now there is a hint of vanilla.

I feel...calm and sensual with this on. I can't stop sniffing my wrists!

I'll be ordering a big bottle of this!

I'm genuinely surprised at how well this scent works on me. I've never been into vanilla-like scents, but this (and Snake Oil) have totally changed my mind. I'm also shocked at the way this scent manages to bottle "sex". It would be creepy if it weren't so amazing!

In the bottle, it smelled like pee. Wet, it stayed yellow, but in more of a honeyed way. Dry, it's sweet and sultry, although it smells kind of like someone just had sex with my arm. This is definitely the post-coital version of snake oil - vanilla and honey with an oddly pleasant whiff of crotch-smell. I definitely want a bottle, though I'll be sure not to wear it to work or in the presence of my family. Like a lot of others, I'd be too self-conscious! That, and I'd want to take my fiancé back home.

Smells like Snake Oil without the spice.

I get no crotch scent from this, pleasant of not. :D

Just honeyed vanilla, it's nice, but I like Snake Oil much better, there's a bit more going on in that oil notewise.

It doesn't remind me of sex, innocence or anything more than vanilla sugar.

Why doesn't my sexual activity smell like vanilla and sugar...is there something wrong with me? :P In fact, I really want to meet the couple whose love making smells like this. Mine usually smells like latex in the ocean.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Wet it's quite like marzipan to me, and the honey is quite strong.

Giving it some time the sweetness goes down, and a kind of smoky undertone is coming out. It melts with the skin in a very nice way.

It's sexy and juicy, very nice when dry.

It's just not me, but I will keep the imp. I only wish it would stay longer on my skin...