BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

O is one of the ones I ordered in my first sampler, and...I*m just not CRAZY for it.

I do smell all three notes in here - vanilla, amber, and honey - but it*s so well-blended that I can*t pick any one out unless I*m "looking" for it.

It*s good, yes, but on me it*s more of a comforting, quiet, yummy smell, a confident, serene woman who knows what she wants and knows that if she sits back it (or he!) will come to her, irresistably drawn. It*s not what I got from the story at ALL, but...I do like it. I*m just not crazy about it.

I*ll be keeping my imp, but I doubt I*ll order a larger bottle.

Kethry

O is, quite simply, gorgeous.

To me, it is the scent of a romantic honeymoon in Italy... 'romantic' in the sense that all you truly experience of the city is the fantabulous view from the balcony. Everything else is room service, bubble baths, and satin sheets.

This is a beautifully feminine scent. ...sigh...

I finally get to jump on the "O" bandwagon--this has got to be one of the most-reviewed of all the oils! Mmmmm....oh, I can see why. O is soft and warm and golden, and I'm already sure will blend amazingly with other oils (er, maybe that's why she's a "submissive" scent? :D)

I am totally buying some more of this to send to my friend who loves Amber Romance from Victoria's Secret--O is like a much better-blended, superior version of the things she likes about it. But I won't share mine; I need some O all to myself. :D

:P

O is soft and warm and golden, and I'm already sure will blend amazingly with other oils (er, maybe that's why she's a "submissive" scent? :P)

This made me laugh but I think you are right! It's funny, as much as I love O, I think I have only worn it once by itself. It is so fabulous layered with other scents, I tend to save it for that. To me, it's just pure honey, vanilla and amber, nothing else. Fantastic :D

I don't know if I'll be ordering a big bottle of this one but I do like it. It's sweet and yet has a note of something naughty...I do like things that smell as if they're meant to be licked off!! :P

O goes on musky and very sweet. It has an almost fruity undertone, presumably the honey. The sweetness verges on sickening after the first ten minutes -- the amber sets a nice backdrop but the combination of honey and vanilla is nearly overwhelming.

After about half an hour, the cloying aspect of the sweetness passes, and the amber's prominence increases somewhat. The honey note is still the strongest and the sweetness factor is still a bit higher than I'd like, but it is tolerable now. The underlying amber makes it a very sexy sweetness, however.

I like it, but I don't think I could wear O regularly without finding some single note to layer with it in order to cut the sweetness a bit.

This is sexy, after all – I’ll admit to doubting it would really be this good. This is warm and golden, and another scent that vastly benefits from body heat. The combination of honey and amber really attaches itself to my skin – it’s not uncommon for me to still smell like O up to 24 hours after applying (even after strenuous activity). :P Appropriately, it also goes well with sweat without becoming icky. Will be another good scent in winter, I think.

O, man!

O is SOOoooOOOooOOOooOOoooOoo sexy!

I just licked my own arm, just in case it tastes as good as it smells. (It doesn't) :P

If I did that to myself, imagine how other people are going to react!

I must have a big bottle of this. I'm going to order it soon, because this imp won't last long!

On me, the honey note in O predominates over the amber and vanilla notes. I would prefer it if the amber note were more dominant. But I suspect that my real problem with O is that I have never done well with strictly sweet scents (they tend to make me nauseous, unfortunately).

I think that O would make a good counterbalance for scents that need a bit of sweetness and warmth to them. I will try layering it with darker or earthier scents to see if I can find a combination that suits me better (and post good combos here).

I really wanted to like this one since so many people rave about O.

It smells divine in the bottle! But once I put it on, I smell nasty generic cherry cough syrup. And not the slightly yummy kind, but the icky kind (like cherry nyquil)The warmth transfers into this nasty medicine smell and gets more potent with time.

I've loved every other BPAL scent I've tried except 1...well now 2 :P

I'm hoping some of the other honey scents don't do this to me. I'm thinking it's the amber/honey combo though.

Call me crazy, but something about the drydown of O on my skin is a lot like Love's Baby Soft. Remember that one? Little pink, dildo shaped bottle? So, yeah, O is a lot like that on my skin but some how ... more grown up. LBS is the flirty little virgin teen, O is the sexually active young woman who knows just how to draw a man to her.

I LOVE IT. And will be ordering a bottle soon. :P

I thought this wasn't going to work on my skin but after mellowing for a while....wow. The more I smell my wrist, the more my breath comes in gasps. So sensual, so sexy, so....lonely. Caution: don't wear while alone. Like has already been posted, it doesn't smell like a perfume. It is what you wish your skin naturally smelled like. This will definitely be my secret weapon.

I think I'm among the few whom O did not work for. I was so excited about trying this, and couldn't wait to sniff the combination of the honey and vanilla....and I am an amber fan as well! I was pretty shocked to dislike this....it turned powdery on me. :P I can't think of what note it could be that I don't react well too - I like Dana O'Shee (with the vanilla), and Haunted (with the amber)...could it be the honey that my skin doesn't like?

I was the lucky recipient of O in a gift from belladonnastrap. Gakt is love, in case you didn't know. :P

With its vanilla and amber a seemingly winning combination, I had high expectations of O. The honey was the wild card and wound up trumping them on me.

Wet: sickly sweet and one sharp note I can't place that is almost green.

Dry: Absolutely no traces of vanilla or amber. All honey. It later fades to a scent I can only describe as powdery. After about six hours, I stuck my wrist under the SO's nose. He declared it too strong and immediately sneezed.

I'm going to keep it around to see how it behaves on a different day. Perhaps I'll try it with Mata Hari to see if they play well with others. I shall report back.

UPDATE: Although vanilla and amber are my favorite notes, bar none, the sweet smell of O is just too cloying for my taste. I suspect it is the honey. It's just not for me. To be swapped as is the extra the Lab so generously provided in a recent order.

Edited by yellowrose

Well, it's definitely honey. If Jezebel made me think of the Kama Sutra honey dust (a "dry" honey) and Alice was a wet, fresh honey, this is somewhere in between.

It's warm, and also quite a bit stronger than Alice (which I like, as I have to put on a good bit of Alice for effect), but I'm not sure yet which one I like better. The amber keeps shifting on me-- one minute I like it, and the next I'm not crazy about it.

Jury's still out for me on this one; I'll try it a few more times. At present, I'd say I prefer Alice for a honey scent.

It smelled fruity in the imp and upon initial application. However, it's faded into a barely sweetened amber. I'm not getting "sex in a bottle" (or imp, rather), but instead I find this more of a "comfort scent."

I like it at this point, but i'd like it better if it were either sweeter or sexier. I'm a big vanilla fan and my skin is pulling out all amber, a little honey, and no vanilla whatsoever. Not very "me." It's starting to smell a lot like incense, too, and that is definitely not what I want.

The final stage is something very powdery and bitter with a bit of amber. No incense any more, but this was still not pleasant. Unfortunately, this stage came fairly fast and lasted FOREVER.

[edit] I wear this in my hair and the difference is phenomenal. If you can relate to what I said about it (all incense-y and amber-y and nothing sweet fading to something faintly bitter and very powdery), try that. NOW I see why everyone likes it- the other reviews do it justice enough, so I wont elaborate. DAMN YOU, body chemistry!

[edit again] Okay, the incense thing is unavoidable even in my hair. I need to figure out how to get it smelling more like it does in the imp! I am NOT a fan of incense :P

Edited by luxuria

Wet in the bottle it's overwhelming with honey standing out. I really wanted to like it because I am all about amber oils, (I collect the different “flavors” of amber oils”).

On the initial dry all I could smell was the honey trying to get on top of everything else.

Dry, its sublime, an intimate smell with the honey taking on some aspects of musk with it’s deepness, with an added sweetness of the amber and vanilla floating on top.

I want to smell myself all the time, I just wished it would last longer than 8 hours on me.

It's the first one I had to buy.

Bella

O is the first and most beautiful BPAL oil I have tried and I wear it every day.

It goes on like honey and dries to a very velvety amber vanilla on me. I didn't like it at first, thinking "ew, vanilla... vanilla body spray... yuck". That goes to show how powerful marketing and development can be for those Bath and Body Works perfumes. Their vanilla doesn't hold half a candle, a wick, a stub... to BPAL's O.

O's vanilla is as subtle as Haagen Dazs, unlike those artificial vanillas you find in Walmart air fresheners. Anybody who hated vanilla before will like it NOW...

I'm proof.

:P The name O does it great justice.

-Anais

This one was strange for me. I really like it alot, but when I first put it on... I smell saliva, like someone slobbered all over me! When I go to sniff my wrist, no saliva! WEIRD! Anyway, I smell the vanilla & honey, then it turns powdery, not in a bad way. This doesnt really smell like "sex" to me, it does however, smell like the kissing that goes along with it.

BTW - I was really horny at work wearing this, it was hard to control myself with this guy at work that I flirt with alot, I practically harrassed him... no I did actually! :P

Would you believe me if I told you that O was horrible on me? One of the top 5 worst scents on my skin?

Perhaps we are cursed, O and I.

The smell of O on my skin... was of honey and baby diapers. Stinky, stinky baby diapers. I was so disappointed, because everyone seems to love it, but apparently no one told my skin chemistry about that bit. I traded it almost immediately.

So there you have it, believe it or not. Honey and baby diapers.

O is delectable. I'm finding that amber is very nice with my chemistry and this is no exception. O is a warm and snuggly honey fragrance, with deep comforting notes of soft spices. I like to wear it when I'm feeling "hermity" and just want to stay at home. A wonderful scent to wear when it's cold outside. This scent soaks into my skin and seems more a natural skin scent than others which simply sit on top and yell (or whisper) "Hi, I'm perfume" -- just lovely. I'll have to get a big bottle of this.

Yes - I am one of the renegade O haters.

This was in my very first BPAL order and I couldn't have been more excited - amber, honey and vanilla - I mean, what's not to like? Not to mention the name itself. (yes, I sometimes order strictly on name/myth/story associations)

For me, this was pretty much the same in the vial, as well as wearing it - sickly sweet.

My body must really amp up the honey in this one, b/c I like amber in other

scents (for instance, my beloved discontinued Bruja) and vanilla in other scents

(snake oil - which i would not have thought i would like, based on disliking O, and it turned out to be the first big bottle i ordered).

I like the honey note in here, it reminds me of alice and jezebel which I both like.. the amber however.. leaves me a bit iffy.. I sort of like, and I can sort of smell the "sex" of it. But honestly the amber smells sort of hard on me, like a hard liquer or something. I think for me, honey needs some sort of floral to tone it down, cause the amber just isn't really working for me.

I like O, but on my skin I can't really see what all the fuss is about.

I was so excited to get O. It was the first imp I tried from my very first order from the Lab.

I am so sad. I could hardly smell it. I really put a whole lot on..."knowing" how much I would like it, but I could hardly smell anything. What I did smell was nice, sweet honey. It did literally smell like a bed strewn with rumpled sheets the morning after, but I really had to ram my nose into my arm to smell it. So sad.

So, I sent it off to Indigowhatever with a swap package that ran amok.

In the Bottle: Thick vanilla with added honey....ohhhh! I can see why they call this O!

On Me: *faint* The amber is warm and spicy, the honey sweetens it up, and the vanilla is just AMAZING! There is a slight anise scent in the background, and I can see why northernminx told me it smells like sex! I get honey and sex. Sex, sex, sex! I guess this is going to drive me crazy until the hubby is done recovering from our early morning excercises! Teehee!! A gallon of this!!!