BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Eros

Santa Eularia Des Riu

Piquant citrus tempered by jasmine, soft Mediterranean herbs, lavender and orange blossom.

In the imp: Lemon Lime and Lavendar. Mmm.

Wet: Ew not a good combo right now. It reminds me of bathroom cleaner. Starting to settle down into a very strong lemon-lime smell. Still too strong to be pleasant.

Dry: Okay, this is clearly a scent for someone who wants to smell like a limeade. I love limeades, but I don't want to smell like one. Not a bad smell. Kind of yummy in a way, but not for me.

A few minutes later I am smelling a little more lavendar.

Wet it was overpoweringly jasmine. Enough to make my eyes water, and I had used a VERY sparing amount to test. I knew that jasmine tends to explode on me.

As it dried down the jasmine amazingly settled down a bit and I was able to smell the citrus.

Very pleasant smell.

In the bottle:

Reminds me of soap or laundry detergent or something. Beyond that, I'm not very good at picking out the notes.

Wet:

Not quite as soapy, but still somewhat soapy. I really think that "laundry detergent" is the best description. The scent is kinda harsh.

Dry down:

Much the same as above. Sometimes, unusual notes stick out.

Final Thoughts:

Probably not a keeper. It just isn't something I like smelling or like wearing, and my body chemistry doesn't transform it into anything pretty.

In the bottle - Citrus and olives?

Wet on me - Citrus with bitter, almost tanic herbs

Dry on me - At first aggressively bitter followed by a soft pampered floral.

Overall - Initially this was actively unpleasant on me, and whilst the finally dry down was quite pretty, this blend is totally not for me.

In the imp: lavender and citrus

Wet on my skin: It smells like lemon drop candy! There's a faint hint of lavender and jasmine in the background, but otherwise it's all lemon.

Drydown: The lemon fades a little, and the other notes become more prominent. It's a fairly balanced blend of lavender, citrus, soft florals, and slightly minty herbs. Jasmine tends to go out of control on me, but it's minding its manners here.

Overall: On me this is a soft pleasant fragrance that does tend to be slightly "medicinal" from the combination of lavender, herbs, and lemon. It could be the scent of a botanical sinus-clearing salve of some sort, so I can imagine reaching for it when I'm feeling under the weather.

imp: orange blossom and something floral

wet: tangy, a little like dishwashing soap

dry: Sharp, lemony dish soap citrus. Maybe some lavender?

This just doesn't do much for me - just kind of sits there flatly. It's not bad - miraculously, I can't sniff out the jasmine! - but it's not good on me either, really.

In bottle: Ozone and citrus

Wet: Ozone citrus and white florals in the background

Dry: I’m getting the herbs and lavender and the citrus stuff but no Jasmine (which is odd, given how my skin tends to amp it to the point of downing everything else out).

Later: Oh, there’s the Jasmine. Once dry this balances nicely. It’s not very strong but it is pleasant.

Summary: Fresh, wet floral, rather greenish. Will enjoy, but not unique enough for me to crave a big bottle.

this smells like a citrus-floral with a hint of softness. i definitely get the lemon and orange blossom with a slight hint of lavender. at first there is a sourness from the herbs, possibly. i dont get any jasmine, thankfully, as it often turns bad on me. this is a bright, citrus scent, perfect for spring.

Basil. Sage. Anise. Rosemary. Oregano. And Lemon. Occasionally beneath it I get a hint of something sweet that could be either the jasmine or the orange blossom.

I love it!!! This is something I could wear all day every day. Sweeter and spicier smells are nice for special occasions, but I prefer something herbal for frequent wearing, and this definitely does that.

Sadly, it only lasts for a couple of hours and is gone.

Initially on my skin this is an herbal citrus. I swear that I smell some lavendar in here...guess I'm not alone in that. Anyway, it smells very clean and refreshing for the first half hour and then the jasmine begins to muck things up for me...right on cue. Jasmine proceeds to give this blend a weird musty edge that I am not fond of at all. Drat.

I'm going to use the rest of my imp as a room scent, that way jasmine can't ruin the goodness of this blend like it can on my skin.

If jasmine doesn't go awry on you, this is a wonderful herbal citrus blend to try.

Oh, my. I've never had any of Beth's blends that actually made me sick, but I suppose there's a first time for everything. Somehow the citrus and the jasmine join together right from the start in some sort of evil partnership and proceed to stomp all over everything in their wake, sending me into a coughing fit. Plus, it's so strong that for the first time I actually had to go and wash it off almost immediately. :P

Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.

Bottle: lavender and citrus, sharp and sweet

Wet: much the same, but with a faint floral background

Dry: I can smell the jasmine, now, and the herbs are subtle and a little moody in the background. the citrus is less sweet, lavender takes the lead but has lost its sharpness.

Later: the jasmine has gotten pretty big, as its wont to do, but it's not taken over completely - the lavender is holding its own. this is very pretty, not quite me - but gentle, calming, and a little wistful.

In the imp: a “fuzzy” lavender scent (lavender with something behind it), and jasmine.

On the wrist: Orange! How odd. That’s what the lavender was masking.

(Ah, having read the description now, I’m supposed to get that.) Dry, the orange is still predominant, though flatter, and the lavender starts to come through. On the right wrist, I’m getting a sort of musky lavender which is not unpleasant.

Half an hour: amber, or possibly rosemary. With a hint of lavender, and no throw.

After an hour: Dove soap with a hint of purple. No staying power. Drat. 6/10

In the imp, this is strongly lemon with maybe a touch of lavender. And sage.

On the skin, this does smell like a lemon drop hard candy – sweet, tart and saliva-inducing.

After it's dry, the orange blossom peeks out mixing with the lemon. As it wears, the lemon backs off and the orange blossom becomes stronger. It's sweet this time, and doesn't have that bite that it sometimes does. There's something in there that's tempering the sweetness – the herbs? Sage perhaps. Surprisingly neither the lavender nor the jasmine make themselves known. What was that I smelled in the imp? This is actually quite pretty though so far from my usual scent preferences that I'd never wear this.

santa eularia des riu

in the bottle this is strongly fruity, but sweet and somehow subdued.

wet on skin herbs! and the citrus smells like red grapefruit, quite tart. there's a lurking reek of lavender here that i'm not digging.

dry on skin the lavender has backed off and the citrus, too. i smell clean, pungent, triple milled and very fine herbal soap. not in a nasty, soapy way, but in a i-just-bathed-with-$20 soap way. not that i condone this? but you could totally wear this when you haven't got time in the morning to shower and no one would know.

two hours later same, nice wear.

That jumps in with a nice bright citrus! It smells like a bath bomb, kinda dry. Good for perking up in the morning.

They aren't kidding about the citrus/orange. I keep imagining Rachel in Dead Witch Walking using this as Vampire repellent. smells faintly chemical, like floor cleaner. It doesn't have the richness I associate with a quality jasmine based floral. No thanks.

imp: strong, almost bitter, citrus with some florals.

wet: very bright, crisp citrus. i'm not even getting a hint of jasmine or lavender.

dry: there is a faint floral here but i can't pinpoint it. the citrus smoothed out to be a bit more sweet and fruity.

Santa Eularia des Riu

mmm.

Wet: Citrusy-herbally.

Dry: Smells like Provence. Seriously, I close my eyes and I am in the Luberon. Citrus less sharp, soft lavender coming out. I get no jasmine at all. Fades quickly, so perhaps a hair/scent locket blend.

Initial Impression: orange and lavender

On Wet: orange, lavender, and jasmine

On Dry: the orange turns bitter for a bit before mellowing out and blending nicely with the jasmine (which isn't amping like crazy to my amazement)

Final Impression: nice for a hot summer day

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 3.5

mp: Lemon pledge over lavender.

Wet: Citrus like whoa. No jasmine, and for some reason, the lavender, which I usually like, feels...slimy here. It just doesn't belong. Also this has throw like mad.

Drydown: The lavender becomes the dominant note, with just a hint of light citrus. I hate this in the wet stage but oh my, the drydown is pretty. Probably not getting a bottle, but I will enjoy the imp.

UGH

JESUS!!

what!?

WHY is there an oyster dinner in this bottle and on the back of my hand?

if this doesn't wash off I'm going to be throwing up the rest of the day. I don't smell jasmine or anything nice, I smell sage and lemon over oysters. this is HORRID.

Edited by tehriaz

In the bottle: Whoa, strong! Citrus-lavender with some other herbal notes.

Wet: Citron, some licorice (?) or something anise-y. The jasmine is very faint. Lavender still quite strong. I'm smelling a hint of orange blossom. Unfortunately, this smells a bit like a cleaning solution I've smelled.

Dry: Lavender-anise cleaning solution.

Summary: I had to wash it off. Yech. I think this one would be much better suited on a man - it's not a very feminine scent at all, but it could work well with male skin chemistry, I suspect.

Sign in to follow this