BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Lolita

Bright, sweet and youthful, but swelling with a poisonous sexuality. Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

In the imp: Lemon drops!! Yes! Sweet lemon drops.

On wet: Still quite sweet and lemony, and I'm getting a little more of the orange blossom being pulled out.

On drydown: It's a mingling of sweet and tart. Innocent and naughty at the same time. I am still not sure if this is "order a bottle" worthy, but I'm liking it on this first try. It has good throw on me and lasted awhile. Edited by Shollin

In The Bottle bitter lemon and floral. Not really unpleasant, totally not what I was expecting either!

Wet On very sharp, lemon and orange flower. To me it's a "deep dark lemon" if that makes any sense at all. A sort of dry, dusty lemon, not a bright juicy one. I rather like it though.

Dry Still mostly lemon with a bit of orange flower, and still quite bitter, but I really like it. It's not your average lemon, that's for sure. I can see myself wearing this when I need a "wake me up" sort of scent, but don't want to smell as if I'd just rolled around in a vat of lemon juice. I'll certainly use up the imps, and then I'll see whether or not I want a bottle, or just another imp or 2.

In the Imp, all I get is fruity punch....sugary, red, stains your mouth fruity punch.

Then on my skin, it morphs into bubblegum and a bit of citrus. It's very young and fun, but alas, it had no staying power on me. This one would be good for a slumber pedi-party with the girls, or for a pre-teens first venture into BPAL.

From the vial, it was just a burst of lemon! After a few sniffs, there was a hint of something dark in there, kind of smokey.

On me, the lemon almost vanished completely within the first 10 minutes or so. The honeysuckle really starts to shine, and it evokes in my mind a soft warm blanket on a crisp spring day! It's very soft and smooth and almost a little too powdery flower for me. I'll have to try this one out again once spring gets here. I for sure won't be ordering a bottle of it, but I'll keep my imp and maybe maybe order it again in the future.

Definitely honeysuckle, bright citrus notes, and the sweetness of heliotrope. Girly and cheerful. Usually citrus goes bitter on me, but the orange blossom here is very sweet and adds a youthful, innocent quality. It's not really "me" but it is a nice scent.

In the bottle: sticky sweet oranges.

On the skin: One enemy I have is honeysuckle. :P Guess what. What's funny is, on me it smelled like a freshly opened box of Fruit Loops, which I adore but can't imagine wearing as a perfume. This is really crushing as I wanted this one to work. Dang.

I picked out the orange blossom right away, but wasn't sure what the other notes were without looking at the description. This is a sweet, youthful floral with a citrus kick to it. Tangy and just this side of cloying without overdoing it.

Lemon, lemon, and more lemon. As strong as the lemon was intially, it disappeared very quickly, leaving a vaguely sweet, candy scent kind of like Pez. Rather like a young girl entering puberty, it starts out fresh, innocent, and sweet before going vaguely sour.

This does smell alot like lemon candy both wet and dry. It's a sweet sour scent. Very clean and envigorating. MAkes me kind of hungry. :P

In the vial:

Wierd grass smell

On me:

This is going to sound odd but on me this smells like *fake* lemon backed by honeysuckle and heliotrope. The lemon doesn't smell like a citrusy zesty brightness, it's more like a dull artificial smell. The honeysuckle and heliotrope are so heavy and sweet in this that it's a bit overwhelming for me. Behind all that, there is something just "off" in this scent for me, I cannot put my finger on it, but there's something that smells wierd on me and I don't like it.

Final note:

I'm just not really getting what everyone else is getting unfortunately

This started out as straight up Lemonheads to me, as in that old super sour, super sugary candy that was dyed bright yellow. It was verging on too sweet, but I didn't mind terribly, since that particular candy is tied to some good childhood memories for me. Lemonheads both in the bottle and wet on my skin.

On drydown, the heliotrope has bloomed, honeysuckle emerges. The candy sweetness fades.

When dry, the lemon candy has retreated. Honeysuckle takes over almost exclusively, with a breath of citrus blossom. Heliotrope is in there somewhere.

I like this one in each of its stages. I'd like if a little more of the lemon and heliotrope lingered at the end, but I really enjoy honeysuckle. I have a feeling that if I were to go outside, I'd have some bees trailing in my wake. This is a great spring/summer blend. As far as the Lolita theme goes, I definitely get that in the beginning and middle, but at the end, that has faded for me. I will definitely try this in a scent locket, in hopes of preserving more lemon.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it an 8.

First swipe? Strong, strong Lemon Pledge. I smelled like cleaning products - the kind that make me sneeze. After a few moments (or a half hour or longer; I was distracted, okay?), though, the sharp disinfectant odor backed off, turning into a vaguely fizzy smell - almost like carbonated lemonade. Better, much better.

I was surprised at how long this lasted - most of my favorites require touching up at midday, but at the six hour mark I was still noticing changes. The carbonated lemonade calmed down into a more lemongrassy smell; it started acting like lemon verbena instead of artificial lemon. I approve. The florals came in, lending both a sharpness and a softness - I'm guessing the heliotrope was the bright edge, and the honeysuckle was the creamy sweetness underneath. The orange blossom, thank goodness, never made a strong appearence, though it did threaten. I'm not good with orange blossom.

At the end, I was left with a soft impression of almost vanilla - I like it when honeysuckle does that.

All in all? It requires a retest, but I don't think I'll be giving away my imp, though a bottle is a tad unlikely. But this is the first floral that I've liked even this much, so woot.

I was so worried I wouldn't like this one! But I definitely did.

About a day before I tried this one, I had tried another that contained honeysuckle. I could smell the delicious honeysuckle but it was covered by jasmine. I can't remember which one that was, Eos? Hmm I don't know, but I had almost put up with the horrid jasmine just so I could smell the honeysuckle underneath. Then Lolita came along without any nasty jasmine spoiling it and I was so happy!! Plus I think I'm fond of heliotrope. Lovely.

In the imp: Unpleasant. Seriously. My first thought was: "This smells like ass! Aargh!" But then I thought: "Hm. Sometimes the ones I hate the most in the imp are the ones I end up liking the most on me. I must try it... as soon as I've forgotten how much I hate this smell."

On: Poisonous is right! I think I'm allergic to something in this. Now that I've had a chance to look over the notes, I'm starting to get a lemony smell, but it's sort of like lemons soaked in soap, and it's cloying. It all gathers in the back of my throat, and I sort of hate it still.

As time passes, it softens. I actually sort of like how it smells now that it's past the awfulness, but if I sniff my wrist, I get that throat-closing allergic reaction kind of response that makes me think I ought to wash it off now.

Aww. I wanted to love Lolita, to match my favourite; Jailbait. Alas!

The good news? The drydown is gorgeous enough that, were I not having the allergic response, it'd be worth going through the gross beginnings. It's really quite lovely.

opening this up I had great expectations! Unfortunately, I randomly could only smell a 'peppery" type of smell? As I re-read the actual ingredients, I'm totally confused... as pepper was all I could smell. Like black pepper, not the vegetable.

Oh well, I put it on my wrist anyway... LOL. Still peppery. I smell NO lemon. My nose must be broken. haha.

After about 20 mins, the pepper calms down a bit to smell like grass. Peppery grass. I was NOT digging this one. LOL. Such a sin, too, as honeysuckle and lemon are 2 of my all time top smells! :P

I'll give it a 2 out of 5. I didn't like it, but I have smelled worse (why it isn't a 1)

bottle:

light floral, sortof sweet

wet:

same - sweet, medium/light floral (I see verbena in the description, crossing fingers it doesn't go soapy!)

dry:

this is NOT what I expected (I think I expected jailbait… just from the name) so far really nice. Not as sweet as wet. Pretty much honeysuckle and verbena now… maybe that's heliotrope rounding it off, keeping it less sweet? A few hours later, very faint, and totally different notes- almost vanilla/honey. (er, i put on snow white last night for bed- could it be?? still there over 13 hours later?? not sure)

overall:

this one's a keeper! Color me shocked!

rating: 8/10

in the vial:

Wow, that's quite an orange powdery candy smell! All I get here is candy...fruity sugary candy.

wet:

The candy scent is overwhelming any bit of floral trying to make itself known. This is so cute and fun though!

dry:

The lemon verbena has come out a lot more, and rounds out the sweet candy with a bright citrus-y floral scent. It still smells a lot of orange candy/popsicles/bubblegum, but is not a "novelty" scent in the sense that it's a more well-rounded and interesting scent that just candy-scented perfume.

season: Makes me think of a hot, sticky, summer day.

office-friendly? I probably wouldn't, it's a little...assertive.

overall:

I'm all about the girliness, and this is one effing girly scent. I've had this for a few months, but not worn it much for some reason. Now that it's currently 92 degrees outside, I think this would be a perfect happy summer scent and I plan on wearing it a lot more.

When I first apply this I get orange blossom, sweet and slightly bitter. After just a couple minutes the orange blossom recedes and lemons make their appearance, zesty and fresh. After about 10 minutes or so the heliotrope comes out, bringing to mind Ra which just screams heliotrope to me. This is a pretty light scent, and it’s fading pretty quick.

After about ½ hr, this sweetens considerably. At this point I can’t smell the orange blossom (yay, I don’t care for that scent), and the lemon is more like lemon smarties. There’s a sweet, yellow floral here. Overall, this fades pretty quick but it’s pretty while it lasts and it's perfect for the warmer months!

In the imp: Interesting.

Wet: This is, in all probability, the weirdest scent I've ever sniffed. I can't place a thing, so I won't try. It isn't very pleasant, but it's different.

On the drydown: I think it isn't just jasmine that hates my skin. This smells really harsh and soapy too, it smells like what, up until now I have identified as jasmine. Lemon, perhaps?

A few hours later: Less harsh, but just as soapy.

In the bottle: Orange blossom and... something more. Possibly the lemon verbena.

Wet: Orange blossom and lemon verbena, with a softer base underneath.

Drydown: Orange blossom and sweet honeysuckle, with a touch of lemon verbena. Heliotrope also comes out, a shiny, rich and tangy sweet scent, very girlish. Then, like clockwork, the orange blossom turns on my skin and starts smelling horrible. Fortunately it seems to leave quite fast, and only the honeysuckle/heliotrope/lemon verbena stays behind. Finally, it develops into a rather bubblegummy smell, very sweet.

Overall: It's a sweet, slightly sharp and bright scent, and with the orange blossom gone wrong it smells slightly decaying at the very back, which works well with the general picture, somehow. Not something I would wear, but a very pretty evocative, extremely girlish blend.

In bottle: Smexy girl - orange blossom and lemon verbena. A beguiling innocence.

On skin, wet: Honey suckle and lemon. The heliotrope is flitting in and out.

On skin, dry: everything else seems to fade and I'm just detecting the lemon verbena.

Conclusion: It's a very girlie blend, and definitely not for me

Rating: 1/5

Imp: Weird. A bit metallic.

Wet: Lemonhead candies (it wants to be lemon verbena but it's too powdery to pull off that minty undertone that lemon verbena has).

Drydown: Orange blossom comes out, and then honeysuckle. Unfortunately, the three notes are involved in a beatdown instead of reaching sweet consensus.

1 hour: I smell like SweeTarts or Froot Loops, which would be cool if I were eight, but I'm 38 so...not so much.

Verdict: Took it off with rubbing alcohol at 1 hour. Honeysuckle is almost always too sweet on me anyway. I'll look elsewhere for a lemon note to match the lime I love in Envy, because Lolita is definitely not me.