BPAL Madness!
JasminDreams2010

Pandy

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

Oh- yay! I am surprised that I'm first on this one :)
Very surprised about this. I thought I would like it, and I do- but it is different from what I was expecting. With orange blossom and white musk I was thinking it would read like Juliet, but on me it's all about the honey.

In the bottle- this is deep and almost foodie. Very wet, very lush, very sweet.

Within the first five minutes, the honeycomb is crazily amped. It reminds me of festivals where you can get raw honey from the jar. I can't recognize the mimosa or elemi, though I can pick out the musk, apicot and orange blossom. The pink pepper is just kind of peeking out of the background.

The drydown is faint and sweet, but this has a lot more throw and weartime than I would expect, given the notes.

I really enjoy this scent and expect for it to be a fall favorite for me, the timing of the release of this is great, to me it seems like a perfect scent for a meadow in late august. It's very yellow, floral, dripping with honey. It isn't so much sweet and innocent the way I would have guessed. It is bold, raw, and there is something sexual about it. My boyfriend likes it, but I think it's still pretty safe for work.
I would add that my skin turns most scents drier and more woody/resin, so I could imagine this would become overly sweet on some people, but for me it is perfect. I could almost see this overtaking Jezebel as my signature scent.

WIN! :wub2:

This scent was exactly what I was hoping for. It is sweet and foody, and I just love he honey note. The throw should be a little better, but the scent is just delightful. I have yet to smell the pink pepper note, but there is something in the background that is curbing the sweetness. I'm not sure what elemi smells like. I'll have to check that out. I will say though that this scent does not last long at all.

Edited by Absinthetics

The bottle smelled different from what I was expecting but the oil is very pretty on. I get the sweet peach/apricot note I get in Katherina; it just isn't as syurpy and sweet. It's very freash smelling.

In bottle: Somehow rich and wistful at the same time. It’s apricot dominant for sure. The orange blossom softens and compliments the apricot. The musk and honey give it a sensual edge. The hint of something sharp and vaguely evergreen is likely the elemi and mingles with the pretty pepper to give the blend a little edge. This is lovely, but not as bright and sharp as I’d hoped. Wet: More orange blossom and honeycomb with less apricot, though certainly the apricot is still noticeable. The musk deepens it. The elemi and pepper are still present, but less noticeable. Dry: Fast fading to mostly honeycomb kissed with orange and apricot.

I initally wasn't sure if I was drawn to any of the Pandora scents, but my curiosity got to me and I ordered Pandy and Alcie.

You should know that orange blossom is generally not my friend.

Ahem.....

Oh Pandy, well you came and

You gave without taking

But I sent you away

Oh Pandy, well you kissed me and

Stopped me from shaking

And I need you today oh, Pandy

The honeycomb, elemi and apricot are what stick out the most on me with this. Totally lovely! It's like a sweet, slightly foody yet slightly floral warm scent with a light tang or soft bite that is there but isn't.

I'm waffling on a bottle purchase! (And singing Barry Manilow tunes, apparently)

Finally I've found something to wear after coating myself in Butterfly Nectar bath oil. This has the same honey-dusted petals smell and the same almost luminous feel to it, but Pandy is delicately fruity where BN is slightly more floral. This is the runaway winner of the Pandoras for me - and the one I least expected to love.

I usually hate bpal's honey and pink pepper, but this scent is gorgeous on me. It's very creamy, sweet, and foodie, but it has a sensual, perfumey quality to it that makes it more grownup and wearable to me. It makes me think of sweet apricots in vanilla cream with a bit of honeyed sugar on top. The apricot and honey notes used in this are beautiful and something makes the scent really creamy and vanilla-ish on my skin.

I love this and think I need a backup bottle.

So when I put this on, I was in the middle o others things so I didn't sniff it right away. The wafts were pink pepper and honey which was ok but not amazing. However when I did finally actually smell my skin it was creamy apricot honey!! Very sweet and yummy! I think it's a beautiful scent but there isn't much throw. I'll keep the decant but will have to debate getting a bottle - maybe my body is just eating it today.

ETA: From what I can remember (it was a while back when I tried it), this has a lot of similarity to O.

Edited by neuilly

I think I amp the BPAL apricot note, which is fortunate as it's one of my favorites. This scent was all apricot on me for the first hour or so, and I couldn't make out much at all of any of the other notes, just something sweet and lightly floral. Unfortunately, later on the other notes, probably white musk and honey, conspired to create a plasticky or Play-Dohy sort of note that ruined the blend for me.

Oh, this was a happy surprise!

I tend to amp honey so I was wary of that at first, but apparently honeycomb is another matter entirely. Instead of being drenched in honey, I get drizzles instead, hooray! Or maybe the pink pepper is making it play nice, I dunno; I've only tried one other blend with pink pepper before.

The apricot is definitely prominent (a lot like Thaleia's apricot) but not syrupy - fresh fruits, not canned or dried. The orange blossom and white musk make it a little more complex, less one-note-ish, and the overall effect is very...sunny, I think is a good word for it.

In the bottle, this is honeycomb playing the part of Diana Ross and Apricot and Orange Blossom are the backup Supremes.

Wet: Mostly honeycomb. Peeps of Apricot.

Dry: This is a lot like Honey SN was on me...the longer it wears on me, the less complex it becomes.

It doesn't have killer throw, but has lasted for a good five hours.

In bottle: honey, apricot, and pink pepper. And an almost candyish orange blossom; and one month on, sniffing this from the bottle again, I'm struck immediately by that candyish orange blossom note. This is kind of like a sister to PL176's orange creamsicle. It's like a floral orange creamsicle.

Wet on skin: I can't rightfully tell if it's gotten more floral or more fruity on my skin; my early notes say "soft white and pink floral", but one month on I'm getting the florals, yes, but mostly the orange and apricot. Initially I'm getting a light, almost ethereal but still very present scent, that I started worrying about it getting soapy, but right now I'm sniffing it and I'm getting an almost jammy orange and apricot blend, definitely not "ethereal".

Dry: even fresh from the lab, dry on my skin, that aforementioned lightness is gone, the pepper getting deeper and the honey getting sweeter and the fruits amping. The apricot's come into its own somewhat, not so much of an orange blossom blend now than an apricot and orange blossom one. Definitely jammy, and I'll bet the honey isn't doing it any favors.

Verdict: a rather yummy fruity blend, but alas, I don't wear fruity blends!

Apricot, honeycomb and pink pepper. It's a lush, gorgeous apricot/peach noted honey with enough pink pepper to keep it from being too sweet.

Sadly, I amp up with pink pepper note, and it ends up too peppery on me. Other than that, on wet, it was absolutely delicious.

YUM, this one is the best of the three Pandora scents. It's my favorite kind of foody - the one where it is sweet and rich and you want to eat it, but there are support notes that make it a foody PERFUME. It does turn very fruity for a while because of the apricot, but the pink pepper and honey are magical additions. What's amazing to me is orange blossom is usually an overpowering, cloying scent on me and it was mellow the whole time.

ITI: It smells like faint bubblegum (pepper and honeycomb combination) with orange blossom.

Wet: I get the bubblegum note I tend to smell with pink pepper, along with the subtle sweetness of honeycomb, orange blossom, and a touch of musk. Feminine and beautiful.

Dry: It dry downs to almost nothing. However, it could be that my nose is so stuffy that I can't smell it. Edit: Okay, I've been working ahead due to massive time commitments at work lately. Thank goodness, as I would have had to leave the review at that. Three days later and I can smell something! It smells like honeyed orange blossom with a delicious touch of musk and pink pepper. It's such a pretty scent.

This smells exactly like Butterfly Nectar Bath Oil to me. A sweet, honey, light fruity scent. Delish!

Really I know that honey is a terrible note for my skin but I had hoped for just a bit of orange blossom. This is all sour honey and pink pepper, ends up as a very flat scent. My least favorite of the Pandora's.

This sounds so good... I mainly bought it for the orange blossom, which is definitely there... I also got whiffs of apricot and honeycomb. It is a really light, sweet, girly kind of scent. Afraid it is just a bit too light and girly for me. Sigh.

Wet, this is fruit infused, very sweet and pleasant with a waxy feel from the honeycomb. This is a good thing. Dry, kind of a lightly herbal, florally honey, no musk to speak of, which is also a good thing, as white musk does not play well with me. I like a few honey (or honey-like) blends, and this is a win for me. It kind of reminds me of No. 93 Engine, though more feminine. I'll certainly use the decant, but probably don't need a bottle.

In the bottle - Something sweet, green and a little high pitched

Wet on me - Light and fruity with little hits of something bitter beneath

Dry on me - It disappeared completely

Overall - This didn't do much for me at all

Thoughts before testing: Everything listed here is a win except for the white musk. Pink pepper especially is fantastic on my skin, so I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Wet: Strong juicy apricot with a hint of honeycomb. It's sweet but not tooth-achingly so and is quite pretty.

Dry down: The apricot all but disappears and leaves a lovely orange blossom drenched honeycomb with a nice kick from the pink pepper. It's really lush and pretty.

Dry: It settles down into a sweet floral honeycomb with a hint of pepper.

Final thoughts: This is really pretty, but I don't know if it's bottle-worthy. It's maybe just a little too sweet for me. But if you're a fan of pepper or honeycomb, definitely give Pandy a try!

Verdict: Pass

In the vial: Cherry-honey

Wet: Sickly sweet lollipops. Then mostly honey, with something green and dewy floating in the background. I’m hoping the white musk will come out soon to tame it. Average throw.

Dry: Mostly honey, fading quickly. Still holding on to the lollipop note, with the pink pepper peeking out every now and then in the throw.

Note: I was on my period when I tested this. I have to test it again in a couple weeks or so, just in case it’s a morpher.

I’ve been anticipating this scent for a while, and decided to splurge and purchase this.

In the bottle: Orange blossom. It smells citrus-y without the acidity with a nectar background. There’s sweetness peeking out.

Wet: Apricots and orange blossom are mingling together. Almost candy sweet so far, like peach lollipops.

Dry: Ah, much better. The honey comb separated from the apricot and blossom, amped and gave the sweet, pollen-dusted scent of honey I just adore. The orange blossom and apricot gives a fruity background that curbs the sweetness. Very nice :smilenod:

Dry one hour later: Throw and lasting power is fantastic, the honey is still there but the apricot softened. Orange blossom is still cheering the honeycomb on.

I put two drops of Pandy on a cotton ball and tossed it in my purse. The scent lasts such a long time on cotton and I’m graced with wafts of this scent every time I pull out my debit card. :yum: My mother adores this scent and describes it as “The honey-drizzled blossom smell”. She gives me random hugs when I wear this, which I’m sure just to smell it. :P

Verdict: Pandy is my signature Spring/Summer scent and I’m surprising mother with a bottle of this on her birthday.

Orange blossom is my favorite scent, so I got this hoping it would be heavy on the orange blossom. Once it dries, it's apricot with a touch of honey and pink pepper, instead. I can't smell any orange blossom, and the white musk sort of comes and goes.

It smells lovely! It's not what I was hoping for but I'm really glad I got a full bottle anyway. It's like a deeper version of Katharina, which is my favorite GC blend. Pandy is a summer scent where Katharina is for spring.

Apricot is my jam (no really, it's my favourite jam...) so I am so stoked to try this.

Wet: Sweet tart apricot! Not too sweet. So far so good.

Dry: Gorgeous. Can't stop huffing my wrist. This is what I wanted Grand Guignol to be, beautiful apricot. I can't pick out any other notes in this, but I know they're there because it doesn't just smell like I smeared apricot jam on my arm, it smells like apricot perfume. This is lovely and will for sure be in my regular summer rotation.