BPAL Madness!
hlinspjalda

Gorg's Garden

The Fraggles raid the Gorgs' garden for the vegetables (particularly the radishes) that they eat.

Radishes, freshly-turned soil, and soft herbs.

In the vial: The wet dirt note, with a peppery tang. There are green notes, too, but I can't identify them.

Wet: Wet dirt still, but paralleled by a rooty note that could be radish or horseradish or something juicy, slightly sharp, and strong. Still the unidentifiable green notes. This has promise, although it's very gardeny.

One hour: Hmm. Interesting. More like a very green man's cologne now. It's a bit sweet, almost sugary like some of the Victorian and lace scents. The wet dirt is barely present any more because the herbs have overgrown it.

Two hours: Staying in the green cologne zone now, although trending a little toward grassy, still with the slightly sugary top. I still can't identify the herbs involved; they don't smell like basil, thyme, mint, or any of the cooking herbs.

Three hours: The sugary edge is rubbing away now, and it's just soft herbs now.

I was a little nervous about this scent because I don't do well with the dry dirt notes, not to mention radishes. (Who actually wants to smell like a radish?) But the wet dirt note is good for me, and this was a good expression of it, not overwhelming, just enough to be very evocative. This really does start off smelling like a real garden, but it mutates into something non-earthy and quite normal enough for everyday wear.

I have liked all the stages of this.

In Bottle: This has the same soil plus the sharpness of radishes as it’s base that the Doozers have, but here, the effect is entirely different. The herbs are dominant, and surprisingly sweet and a little fruity. I was a little worried, I’d gotten a mislabeled Red imp, but a quick sniff of Red reassured me. This is only a little fruity, with a supporting mix of herbs instead of aggressively fruity. The herbal mix is more medicinal than for eating I think. This is interesting, even if it isn’t what I expected. Wet: Less fruity on the skin. The herbs and radishes blend together in a sharply arresting sort of way, and the dirt smoothly fills in the cracks. I like it, though I’m not sure I love it enough to crave a bottle. Dry: Mostly dirt and radishes, with a touch of sweetness.

Wet, this is very fresh, almost cologney with a lovely herbal afterscent.

On drydown it gets far more fruity and the herbal side fades. I get a little whiff of the freshly turned dirt but it's mostly fruit or maybe some sort of sweet herb.

There's no real throw on this one and I wish it stayed more similar to the wet phase.

A smidge of dirt...herbs! But sweet ones...and fruity? I have this and Doozers on each arm and I think I like this one better actually. Its hard to describe, but its definitely sweet fruity with a little earthy herbs thrown in. I really like this one!

Unique :)

I like a lot of bpal's dirt and veggie scents, but this one isn't working for me. It smells like wet dirt with a very sharp edge to it (perfumey aquatic-ish) and a hint of something sickly sweet that reminds me of rotting vegetables :/. But mostly it's just that weird, sharp, perfumey, musky quality that gives me a headache. I don't smell anything that reminds me of radishes here.

On my skin wet: Fruity with a hint of dirt. Kind of perfumey.

On my skin dry: This isn't a morpher it stays nice and fruity with a hint of greens. It reminds me a bit of the kiwi note in That! The Terror From Over There.

I'm not getting any radishes, if you like radishes try Doozers. This is quite a nice light scent.

So glad I got a whole fraggle decant set because I can't see myself every trying this otherwise. It's very interesting and unexpected. The dirt is a lot less strong than doozers (and I don't get the radish here either). The dirt sort of mellows into the background and instead this is really more of a sweet slightly warm ozone scent. So peculiar! I don't know if my nose is just weird but yep, sweet slightly warm ozone. It almost smells like I just stepped out of a nice shower.

This fraggle collection has surprised me at every turn!

ETA: I may make my SO try this. I think it could be delicious on him.

Edited by neuilly

Fresh dirt and radishes! It's a fresh, herbally, planty sort of blend.

It makes me think of Planting Moon, and how I wanted that to work out.

Lot's of dirt at first, then a sharp, clear scent comes out. Kind of fruity, but with a crystalline quality, I'm thinking this is the radishes, but it doesn't smell like radishes to me, per se. The dirt has now taken the back seat, and we're left with this lovely clear crystal slightly fruity note, like sour gummy berries. I really like this, it's not like anything I've smelled before, I love the 'clear' quality to it. I'll see how much I use the imp and may track down more.

In the imp: Very radish-y and earthy.

Wet: Lots and lots of radish. I smell like I've been picking them! There's the peppery tang of them mixed with a very faint aroma of wet earth. Yay!!

Dry: After about half an hour of smelling pleasantly like dirty radishes, the herbs start to come through. Not really sure what they are but they're soft and sweet, not an in your face green... Kind of like a sweet herb garden planted with savory and strawberry spinach and things like that. Delicate, fruity, sugary. I wish that I was able to smell this while still smelling the radish and the dirt, but alas, those two don't last long. Beautiful. It smells like happiness in my garden. :)

In the decant: Radishes, soft soil, and herbs. The radish and soil notes in this are softer than in Doozers.

Wet: Super herb-y! I am getting lots of herbs with a soft soil note and a hint of radishes. I am getting a soft floral note as well, which makes sense since it is a garden, and there’s a sweetness to it that I think could be beets. But maybe it’s just the sweet herbs and floral with the soft earth and the peppery radish (which isn’t nearly as strong as it is in Doozers).

There’s an episode of Fraggle Rock in which the mother Gorg mentions the radishes being used in a beauty cream. I can’t help but wondering if these herbs, mixed with the radishes, is what that cream would smell like.

Dry: It’s sweeter than it was before. The herbs and soft floral still dominate, backed by the soft soil note (which is not as moist or as strong as the Lab’s graveyard dirt note). The radish note lingers far in the background, as if these radishes haven’t been harvested yet (or maybe the Fraggles ran off with them).

There’s no sign of the Trash Heap that lives in the Gorgs’ garden in this scent, although I know if Beth were to create a scent just for her, it would be spot on!

Verdict: The Gorg’s Garden is a lot more pleasant than I thought it would be. I don’t think I need a bottle of it, but I’m really glad I got to try it!

Edited by dementia_divine