BPAL Madness!

Leather, musk, blood, and steel.

Imp: mmmm leather and steel
Wet on Me: by all the gods I am swooning. lovely leather and sharp but dark steel with the faintest whisper of musk
Drying Down: yummy yummy yummy leather-y steel and the faint ghosts of blood and musk. Still swooning!
Dry: Sweet cheetos this is love!!!!!

Leather and clean skin is how this starts off. Like, almost soapy skin. I'm pretty sure Fighter just took a shower! You gotta be clean if you wanna slay monsters!

The soapy smell fades away and it's a nice, leathery scent. I love it. I kind of want to smear it on the fiance and just have at him.

Oddly I'm detecting some cologne in here. It's not unpleasant. I kind of like it. It's like I have Leather with a little bit of Villain?

Now I'm getting notes of leather and a hint of cherries.

Fighter on me is a combination of brand-new leather and the scent memory of my father cleaning and oiling his shotgun after duck or pheasant hunting. So I might be getting a little avian blood and feathers. It doesn't morph a lot on me. I love the Lab's well-worn leather smell, but this is not it; this Fighter is wearing brand-new leather and steel armor. I think part of what I'm reading as leather workshop is actually red musk. Interesting and extremely evocative, but also strong and I'm not sure how often I would like to smell like this. I'm keeping the imp because I am shooting for a full set of the RPGs, but I don't see myself needing a bottle.

Mainly leather and steel. I really don't like either of these notes, but this one may smell good on a guy.

In the imp: This is strong on the musk and leather, but I do get some of the steel and blood behind those notes.

Wet: As soon as this is applied, I get the musky, black leather and cologne-y steel. This is familiar to me, but I'm not sure if it's the leather that makes me think of another BPAL scent I'm not able to pinpoint, or if it is the musk note. Probably both.

Dry: This is still really strong on the black leather, backed by the musk. The steel isn't as prominent after a few hours of wear, and I'm getting something odd in the background that I think could be representing the blood note (which I don't think is dragon's blood in this case).

Verdict: This one is far too strong on the leather for me. I'm not even sure I would try layering it with other RPG scents, but I'll see if my boyfriend enjoys it before putting it up for swaps.

This was one of the generous frimps in my most recent order, and it's an interesting one! I tend to be more one to play the other types, but hey, you never know...

In the imp: Leather and steel! Specifically, it reminds me of the scent of my dad's motorcycle, the leather seat, the metal cooling off after being in the hot sun and the heat of the engine.

Worn: My first impression is that this smells CLEAN, of all things. If it's a motorcycle, then it's a well-maintained, loved one, whose owner washes and buffs it every weekend! At first, the metal smells wet, somehow, as if the rider was caught in the rain. They're in a leather jacket, and it's a bit damp, a bit sweaty, but still pleasant, despite that slight 'dirty' contrast.

Long term: This is a very layered scent on me, in the sense that you get different things based on how close you are to the skin. Out a ways, you get that clean, wet, warm metal. The closer in you lean to the application point, the more the leather and skin aromas rise up and mix into it, giving it a more wild swagger than the almost antiseptic cleanliness of the metal. It's a really fascinating blend.

I'm not sure I'll be wearing this as perfume, but it strikes me as someone that'd be good for aromatherapy, of sorts, as a confidence booster or to grant some swagger. I'm curious to try this on my partner next I see them...

I normally break down my reviews, but this one is NOT a morpher on me. It's leather. I don't know enough about leather to really say the type, but it seems more like a newer chemically made leather than a well worn and sunned one. There's a faint whisper of black musk, but it seems to be really hiding. This is almost a leather single note, but something in this especially from a distance reminds me of an auto shop, maybe something metallic and almost a little oily hiding in with the leather? Maybe it's a touch of that new car smell (which I have been reported to hate)

Overall it's too strong for me on it's own, but maybe a dot of something sweet layered with this would change my mind. Actually that seems like good advice. It's the RPG set, they're meant to be layered, and i feel like layering this could only make it better. To the experimentation table it'll go!