BPAL Madness!
Geminirubyshoes

The Last Unicorn

Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss.

I bought this as a full bottle on my birthday from a wonderful, amazing forum member, who dug it out of her personal collection for me (and I'm not going to say how much it cost, lol! Let's just say, it was worth it!) It arrived today, and of course I put a drop on immediately to try. I've had The Last Unicorn imp pack I for a long time, in fact it was my first introduction to BPAL a few years back, but I've always wanted to try this scent in particular since it wasn't in that pack, and obviously it's the BIG ONE for the series![/font][/color]

First Sniff Impression: Oooh, this is going to be complex and amazing!

Wet in Vial: White chocolate for sure, and something nutty like hazelnut. It must be the coconut, but it's definitely more a "nut" smell than coconut's signature sweetness.

Drying Down on Skin: I can mostly smell the warmness of the white chocolate and the coconut "nuttiness." There's definitely a floral there as well, though I can't pick out lilac specifically. It might be the iris. It's warm and cool at the same time. The coolness makes me think this would "lead in" to Lady Amalthea very smoothly (since I feel given the story, the two scents should be very closely related). This is woodsy without being as literal as some other BPAL scents, like Silence of the Woods. There's no musk listed in this, but it definitely has a light musk quality to it, for me.

Dry on Skin: The various notes in this blend very well together and seem to all "settle in" at about the same time, so dry nothing in particular stands out. What's left is a warm, slightly musky, slightly earthy scent that's very alluring, like you want to chase after it! I could totally imagine a unicorn smelling this this, maybe sleeping on a patch of moss in the sunshine.

--A few hours in, this continued to be SO NICE. I'm really relieved, too, cause for a little while drying down, I was afraid it would end up powdery on me. I think it's the sandalwood in some fragrances that gives me almost a powdery false alarm, since it is kind of a woody, mellow scent. But fortunately, TLU is still warm, sweet, floral, and amazing! I think this would be a good floral for someone to try who doesn't normally "do" florals.

Conclusion: I'm not 100% sure I would've bought a full bottle of this had an imp been available, based on scent alone, but for the sake of CHILDHOOD I'm so glad I have the bottle! The artwork is beautiful, and I do think if I'm in the right mood I'll want to wear the perfume a lot. I might end up liking it even more after several applications, like I did with Lady Amalthea. Hopefully this will end up back in stock on BPAL soon, because it's really such a lovely one!