BPAL Madness!
Dracoo9

Snooty Rose

'It isn't manners for us to begin, you know,' said the Rose, `and I really was wondering when you'd speak! Said I to myself, "Her face has got some sense in it, thought it's not a clever one!"

Still, you're the right colour, and that goes a long way.'

`I don't care about the colour,' the Tiger-lily remarked. `If only her petals curled up a little more, she'd be all right.'

Red rose, oud, plum, bergamot, and red sandalwood.

In the imp its mostly sandalwood with a little bergamot. No rose to been seen..er...smelt. 0.0

Strangly enough the rose isnt what I smell most of after putting it on. Its mostly bergamot with a bit of oud and plum. The rose I do detect is slightly soapy. This defently is different then Red Rose, which carries a very pure rose scent to it. In snooty rose its more sophisticated or snooty before the roseyness. Its not bad 3/5. I'm keeping the imp but its not bottleworthy for me.

imp: reading the notes i can't believe that there is anything in this other than rose. and i don't mean the usual perfume rose, i mean the way rose-red smells, minus the greenery. like a real rose.

wet: for once, a rose scent that doesn't send me running to scrub it off. this is like burying your face in one of those huge old-world rose and inhaling as deeply as you can. it's that sumptuous.

dry: this smells like a faded rose once dry. it's tangy and aromatic.

This reminds me of a simpler Katrina Van Tassel minus the cream. First applied, it is a very beautiful rose, not musty at all, but dry down there's an odd underlying Old Spice cologne smell to it on me. It's balanced nicely though, not too sweet, not too sharp, average throw. I think it might be nice layered with something else, kind of on the fence about it right now...

Edited by violetblue

Sniffing the imp, it's just red rose to my nose. ;)

Wet on the skin, red rose dominates with a bit of the red sandalwood.

The more it dries, the rose note fades in intensity and is replaced by the oud & plum notes.

As rose blends go, I do like this one because it doesn't scream rose on my skin.

Will see how the imp ages and decide if a bottle is in my future.

i am SO completely in love with Snooty Rose! :thud:

it was love at first sniff, to be sure. i'm not a big floral fan, and even the notes i *do* like (pretty much exclusively violet or rose) i'm very, very picky about.

but Snooty Rose exceeds my expectations. i simply figured her to be the sort that i would take out for a spin once in a while, but she had much more in store for me.

this is not the light rose of Katrina van Tassel, not the sugared rose of Hope, and not the direct rose of Rose Moon.

instead, Snooty Rose is barely rose at all. it's the faded rose that sits in an attic, bundled and carefully dried from a long-forgotten romance. the petals are faded with age and streams of dusky sunlight that enter through slats in the old bare-planked walls.

it's frail and dusty and victorian in the sense of wanting to wear this scent while having the kind of tea that requires little lace wrist gloves and holding delicate china cups with a pinky raised in the air. THAT'S Snooty Rose.

i will be getting a full size bottle post-haste.

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Hmmm, I'm still slightly undecided on Snooty Rose, and I am a serious rose lover! On my skin, it alternates between being a bit too "snooty" to being plain ol' rosewater: The sophisticated side is elegant, a "rose-plus" kind of scent that you might find on the side table of some famous Victorian seductress, but the other side is one-note, grandma-ish rosewater. One side is lace gloves and heavy silk dresses, heady rose perfume and pink pink pink rouge; and the other side is freshly-scrubbed skin, a cotton nightgown, and rosewater-scented handcream.

But then, maybe the ability to be both sexy and simple is part of it's charm. :wub:

I'm wearing it now...

It's very light in the imp. Tea rose only lighter and sandalwood, only not dusty.

wet: lighter version of London. with spice.

Dry: rose fades and the sandalwood and plum meld in with it. It's fruity/rosy and pleasant. Close to the skin but still rick and tasty.

In the imp, I smell rose. It reminds me of the big Chrysler Imperial red roses that my parents grew. Second sniff...and getting it all over my hands, I smell resin...or sandalwood?

There might possibly be enough other notes to keep the rose in line, but, this imp was a gamble for me. Rose often amps...

On me, the rose is the strongest note, but, it isn't screaming like it sometimes does. I have hope!

It isn't quite like the Chrysler Imperial rose anymore, but, it's still a full spicy red rose. This is certainly not a hedgerose, or a little miniature rose. It is the fancy rosebush that needs its special pruning and fertilizer and to be talked to and treated just so...in order to bear the most beautiful huge deep red velvety blossoms with that rich spicy rose scent.

I'm not sure I want a bottle...but...possibly...maybe...I have an imp of a rose scent that I may wear.

If I actually reach for it enough to use up that imp, maybe then I'll think of a bottle.

(edited to add link to the rose it reminded me of. Interestingly, the description says the Chrysler Imperial rose has a citrus scent.)

Edited by Aerinha

In bottle/imp: Citrusy floral plum.

Immediately on skin: This smells of slightly spiced citrus, plum and rose. The plum is the strongest note with the rose making it smoother and the bergamot adding a high citrus note. There’s something slightly cloying to this that I’m not loving at the end however.

After a little while: This smooths down into a softer plum, rose and dry sandalwood scent. It’s a very close-to-the-skin type of scent for sure, and manages to be a sexy little floral plum scent.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice scent, but it didn’t take my breath away. Mostly plum, citrus, and rose at first, but it dries down to a quite pretty blend of plum, rose and sandalwood. Feminine with a fruity kick.

In the imp: Fresh, sweet, bright. Similar in feel to Moon Rose, and the plum note is similar to Bordello. I think I love plum most when it's not mixed with heavy spices.

Wet on skin: Pretty, sweet and feminine. This could be Bordello's innocent younger sister. Despite the name, it's not rose-heavy.

Drydown: Watery, fresh floral. Bright, sweet and gorgeous. Not a stuffy rose scent AT ALL.

Overall: Another hit! Fresh rose and plum, slightly woodsy and super girly. Kind of an aquatic floral. It just sparkles. :wub2:

This is one of the times when the Lab perfectly captures a scent memory in bottled form - it always catches me by surprise, and in this case is very welcome!

In the vial: sweet red rose

Wet: a perfect, sweet tea rose with a slight hint of bergamot

Dry: this blends perfectly on my skin to a sweet tea rose, I know the sandalwood and bergamot are there, but the whole blends so well that I don't distinguish them separately.

When I was in middle school, a good friend gave me a tea-rose after I performed in a play. It was beautiful - barely opened - and extremely fragrant. Without adding anything to the vase, it lasted for almost three months, smelling gorgeous. This perfume perfectly captures the sent of that rose. I'm going to have to A. buy a hojillion bottles of this scent and B. give my friend a call - he'll think this is hilarious.

Edited by Jenn2D2

In the imp: Sandalwood and rose (fresh, dewy rose).

Wet: BIG rose! This is the dewy, fresh rose note that was in Rose Red from the Yule scents. I can't smell any of the other notes, rose pretty much dominates this blend. I am detecting a bit of sweetness which could be the plum.

Dry: As Snooty Rose dries the sandalwood becomes more apparent. Sometimes rose can smell like play dough on my skin (or wilted flowers) but the sandalwood is keeping the rose note true and fresh. I wouldn't say this is rose incense (like I was hoping for) but more of a true rose scent with just a hint of sweetness. Dry, the plum is even MORE apparent as the rose steps back just bit. Very pretty!

Overall: I really like this one. Rose lovers shouldn't miss out on Snooty Rose. This is delicate, light and pretty. I bet this is going to age really well. I shall keep my imp to find out! ^_^

I usually love the lab's rose notes, but my skin chemistry tends to amp up the rose until it's all that I can smell. I'm pleasantly surprised that the rose in Snooty Rose isn't overwhelming. I can actually smell the fruity plum and sandalwood in addition to a lovely red rose note.

The combination of plum and red rose here is sweet and candy-like on my skin. Red sandalwood often smells slightly spicy, incensey, warm, and wooden on my skin (almost like carnation and wood incense, but darker). Snooty Rose is a pretty, smooth, sweet mix of all of those notes. It smells like a mix of sweet pinks and spiced reds on me, with a little hint of wood. The smooth, cool, sweet, fruity plum is probably my favorite thing about this blend.

I don't know if I need a full bottle of this, but I'll keep an imp, at least.

Rose...but not crazy dominant rose; I get sandalwood from this and a sweetness from the plum. Something's going a bit dusty, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; it gives the blend an old-fashioned feel. This does remind me a bit of Raksasha but it's sweeter and lighter. I may let this age a bit and retry.

Sniffed: Extremely pale nearly colourless yellow oil. Fruity, floral, and woody all at once. The sandalwood is surprisingly strong and quite dry. I get every note except the bergamot. The rose isn't overwhelming by any means.

Wet: Sweeter and tarter (bergamot!), overall much fruitier. Also greener with a strong amping of the oud and almost dusty from the still-strong sandalwood. The overall blend makes my nose itch a bit.

Dry: Plum and rose have both amped, giving this a deep magenta feel; the bergamot is still holding nicely and keeps those former notes in check. But the woods have turned almost rancid, dry and hot and foul - they lie below the other notes but still annoy.

Summary: Dusty, almost incensey woods with slightly powdery rose and candy-sweet plum. Overwhelmingly it's sandalwood incense. Much better than the initial dry stage but still not remotely my thing. Too dry/incensey/woody. Unisex, I'd say. Low throw but fantastic longevity.

Origin: Fresh from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: When rose works well on me I love it. But all too often rose turns green-stem skanky on me. Knowing that Rakshasa's sandalwood and rose work very well on me, I thought I'd give it a shot.

In the Vial: I smell mostly sandalwood and plum. I can understand the impression of "snooty", but no rose yet.

Wet: Again, the sandalwood is the primary note. I think the plum is making it a little sweet, the bergamot is making it a little airy.

Drydown: Darn. The rose shows up and it's the skanky rose. It's not the overwhelming cooked-greens stench that my skin caused in The Peacock Queen, but it's present and persistent enough, possibly in combination with the oud, to turn unpleasant on me.

Verdict: The Snooty Rose must go to someone who will make it behave.

Wet this scent is almost exacly like the species roses in my garden, but as it dries it become more soapy and there's definitely a hint of bergamot. Scents tend to grow oversweet on me, but this stays fairly true. Snooty Rose is a clean and old-fashioned but (thankfully) not childish.

Definitely red roses. It actually reminds me to Rose Red (you know the rose blend that we tend to get around Yule time) in that deep, red fragrant rose blend. The sandalwood adds a whiff of dryness, and the bergamot shows up on the drydown with a touch of juicyness.

Not a giant rose fan, and this one veers into the soap territory a bit, but overall, not a bad rose blend. Medium throw on me.

Snooty Rose - Rose and plum! Yum yum yum! This scent is awesome! It's got the gorgeous depth of the same red rose from the Yule blend "Red Rose" and it blends gorgeously well with the bright, fruity, juicy plum. Once it's warmed up on my skin a bit, the sandalwood becomes noticeable and it provides the most lovely dry, woody base for the other notes, keeping them grounded...and from being too snooty! It also takes on a bit of a tea rose scent once it's totally dried down. Oh, I really love this. This is bottle-worthy! I'm putting it on my wishlist right now! I could seriously see this becoming a signature scent. It's that gorgeous and unique and lovely. :wub2: Edited by edenssixthday

Red rose and plum. Yay. I love this. In the imp it's rose and plum. Once I put it on it becomes brighter with a little bite. I love bergamot for this reason. Once its dry there is the sandlewood. I may need a bottle, but am totally keeping my imp (it was a witchy gift).

Wet my first impression was - this is the rose I dont like. But I let it dry. Now I smell what has to be the plum underneath and a smoothness that might be from the sandalwood. My current theory is that certain collections share a common base, like how the mad tea party scents all smell, something alike even when they dont really. I smell mad tea party here - a slightly sugary, light quality.

I like this one and it might be one of the few roses I keep =) No bottle, but to the imp collection

Imp: Rose like whoa. Very reminiscent of Rose Red.

Wet: Sharp green and heady rose. Quite a bit of throw.

Drydown: Still keeping the quintessential roseness (which is really surprising on my skin) and the greenery (which is my skin's normal reaction to rose blends). As it dries, I get little wafts of baby powder, but it remains dominantly the rose & thorns combination.

Dry: Mostly green with bits of overblown rose peeping through.

Overall: I wonder if this is a blend of multiple roses. Maybe there is one out there than can play nice with my skin chemistry. Snooty Rose is the closest I've come so far to a rose blend that actually smells like roses on my skin. I'm happy that I tried it, even if it doesn't quite work for me.

Wet: Candied plum. Not getting any rose at all.

Dry-down: Strange. It's still candied plum, but there's something simultaneously creamy and sharp about it. Must be the combination of sandalwood and bergamot. I smell a bit of rose now.

Dry: Potpourri. It smells like overly sweet, badly made Turkish Delight that you have to spit out after a second or two because it's too intense and too fake. I had to wash it off.

My brother's opinion: Potpourri, from the first second I put it on. Gives him a headache.

Rose and plum flavoured sweet heart candy! A bit too rosey on me (rose tends to go overboard on my skin). This is very floral and very pretty, but not something I could wear without being mistaken for an old lady ... but this is something I would use in the bath or in an oil burner.