BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

High-Strung Daisies

Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

This smells like gobs of chewed up Double Bubble, spicy fake carnation, strong pink pepper, and lots of waxy plastic.

There is a slight "fondant" scent to this, but I'm not getting as much sweetness as others are in the thread--my body tends to amp any amber/powder/honey notes so that almost all scents have a sweetly powdery drydown. This is a delightful scent. It's one of the more "commercial" scents that I've worn by BPAL (others include Pa Pow and Peony Moon) with a warmth and sweetness to it with no spiky edges or odd notes.

For me, the pink pepper and carnation notes perfectly balance the sugary notes. Great for summer. Love it!

Agh, somewhere along the line carnation stopped working for me. Once it dries it turns powderly licorice on me, on almost any scent where it's a note.

I was pleased to be sent this sample, not having tried a daisy note before, even though I'm not much for peppers in fragrance.

High-Strung Daisies smells sweetly springtime when it first meets my skin -- a golden and pink floral with a little sugar and pink pepper. The blend evokes sunshine and flowers in April; it's lovely. The pink pepper doesn't overwhelm here, and it blends seamlessly into the spicy pink carnation. The daisies smell like playful sun rays.

Sadly, they don't last. Within a few minutes, the daisies and most of the sugar have melted away, leaving a pink-peppered carnation skin scent.

If Daisies continued as it began, I'd bottle it.

Oh dear. The most alarming top notes of bubblegum to my nose. It does mellow on drydown, but I'm still left with cavity-sweet carnations and a gooey, sticky, cottony bubblegum. Not for me.

ETA where I'd wear this: Princess birthday parties with a bouncy-castle

Edited by gloame

Imp: happy and 'pink' sweet but not sugar sweet
Wet On Me: Happy, pink-y and a sweet fruity vibe
Drying Down: ahhh there is the daisy! but still 'pink' and sweet and happy!
Dry: this is a sweet lil happy happy scent. there is a high energy vibe with the happy and this sweet lil 'pink' vibe as well!

I will never call lotus bubblegum again; this is bubblegum. It's an exact dupe for Dubble Bubble when you unwrap it and are getting ready to pop it in your mouth. It even has that slightly powdery overtone! I actually don't hate it but despite being a gourmand lover I'm not sure I want to literally smell like candy.

In the imp: pink sugar.

Wet: carnation and sugar. Kind of fluffy.

Dry: It's carnation cotton candy. It's so fluffy and pink and gorgeous. There's a dusting pink pepper which comes off as rosy to me, not spicy.

I'm in love and desperately need a bottle.

Wet: I had high hopes for a sugared carnation scent with some daisy and pepper to jazz it up, but what I am getting smells a bit like Bazooka Joe's. It's not at all unpleasant though, in fact, it's rather charming. Girly, sweet, totally pink. It's getting better as it dries.

Dry: Ultimately this is too pink and sickly sweet for me but I can appreciate that it would be lovely on the right person.

Floral scents tend not to work on me but it was worth a try!

Wet: Sugary floral soap

On: Still soapy, but a bit of warmth in the back of the nose (pepper apparently).

Drydown: Hmm like bubblegum now that's interesting. Definitely not for me but might make a nice girly scent :)

Very much bubblegum with a dash of spice and a hint of plastic. Slightly soapy. Not the worst, but not my favourite either. Would definitely choose Jailbait over this if I was in a particularly bubblegummy mood.

Edited by h_yeti