BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

This is so much fun! It takes me back to the days when my candy store was an actual candy store (as opposed to, say, my imp box.) I get wafts of bubblegum, Doublemint, Hot Tamales (those cinnamon candies), cherry pops, powdered sugar. It's completely true in its fakeness.

I wore this to work and forgot I'd put it on. Late in the afternoon, I caught a whiff and thought I was wearing Megaera. The drydown is really quite similar, though a bit sweeter and with less tart citrus. (Maybe it's orange rather than grapefruit.) Orris and bubblegum? Sure, why not!

I appreciate this not only for the camp value, but for the genuine pleasure it is to wear. I see more of this in my future. Edited by Shollin

I got an imp of this in my last order and am in love with it if only because it makes me think of Stanely Kubrick's version of Lolita. This is probably what Dolores smelled like when Humbert Humbert first met her. Provocative :P

Got this in a swap with WidgetAlley. :P

In the bottle, this is truly Bazooka bubblegum with a light dusting of powdery sugar. It takes me back to being a kid playing community sports and being more excited about Big League Chew from the snack stand, rather than whether or not our team won.

On my skin, the cinnamon note that usually gives me headaches comes out for a brief minute, but it's not a particularly sharp cinnamon (as I found Chimera and Tintagel to be). It quickly morphs into a very "cherry lollipop" scent and from there, fades back into the bubblegum. Fifteen minutes later, the "womanly perfume" underneath begins to come out and refines the bubblegum...delicious! I'm not usually one for the overly feminine scents, but I love the way this one flirtaciously develops on my skin. Definitely a keeper!

Edited by cal_steph

This is a strange one in that it wasn't originally on my list of imps to get, but as I saw someone with a "Get 20 for $20" offer and took them up on it, I ended up with it. The idea of this scent had completely turned me off to begin with, but since I have it now, I figured I'd give it a try.

Fresh From The Imp: The first thing I notice when I crack the imp is a strong aroma of Dubble Bubble. Getting a whiff from the tester doesn't dispell this initial reaction.

Wet On My Flesh: Still very bubblegummy, but I can detect a trace of cherry underneath. I don't mind either of these, I'm just not sure I want to wear them.

Drying Down: It's mellowing out into something much less candy-like. The aroma now is reminding me of these pink peppermints my grandfather used to eat and share

Hour To Integrate: After an hour, it's faded to being a bare orange scent with just a touch of that bubblegum peeking out underneath. Nice and soft.

End Of Day/Final Report: Oddly enough, I think I may have another keeper. Don't think I'll buy more of it, but I'll not be swapping *this* imp.

This is EXACTLy what the description says. Unfortunately, to me, the lollipops over the heady perfume is not a good mix, and they coexist uneasily and have a sharp bitter edge. Maybe too close to the real idea of jailbait and innocence defiled for me. Too sharp and cloying.

I got this as a freebee in my last order, and I was excited because I wantd to try it so badly...

In the imp vial: Very very sweet, like a candy, or cherry lolli pop....But it was SO good! Almost intoxicating, and something about it was just...naughty and peverse. It brought out all kinds of insane thoughts in my head.

Wet on my skin: Cherry blow pop. Exactly like a cherry blow pop, but something underlying was cinnamon, and maybe some orange? Not sure. The more it sat - the more it started to smell like cough syrup....oh no!

Dry down: The cough syrup smell didn't get any better sadly. It started to make me feel sick after a while, and I felt like I had spilled some Benalyn on me or something. It just became SO sicky sweet it was revolting, and the cherry went very synthetic. Almost kiddy perfume like.

This had pretty good throw - but, honestly I didn't want people to be able to smell me wearing it because it smelled THAT bad on my skin. I wanted to love it, I wanted it to work...but I'm just not that lucky with this one I guess.

It has lasting power too - because even when I tried to wash it off - it stuck to my skin.

*sighs*

My first Bpal to go wrong.

Sad day for me.

Love this scent! Very bubblegum in the vial, but mellows on me to a cherry muskiness. I didn't detect any of the orange notes in it, but I did get a lot of musk.

In the vial:

bubblegum!!

On me:

I was curious about this one from the get go, because on one hand... I don't know that I want to smell like bubblegum... but on the other... who wouldn't want to at least sniff this for that aspect? lol

It has proved to be a really interesting scent - as some others have described it, it's got aspects of youthful "flavors" and aspects of "womanly" ones.

This honestly doesn't just come off like bubblegum, it comes off like bubblegum *perfume*. It smells like bubblegum sure, but it has that sort of aromatic perfume thing going on with it. In the background is a soft orange and cherry smell that doesn't come off too sweet or fruity at all.

Final note:

I actually really like this one, and I'm not even into the smell of bubblegum! This is just so cool and unique and I've gotten so many compliments on it!

It started out OMGPINKBUBBLEGUM, and now I can smell the orange & cherry lollipops. There is a scent under it that is lingering and pulling this out of the playground and into some steamy hot assignation somewhere. I kind of actually like it. Maybe not enough to buy a bottle, but definitely enough to want to keep an imp around regularly.

jailbait.jpg

Two Ways to Smell like Bubblegum

by Diana, age 33.

First method: walk into a drugstore. Buy several handfuls of "Bazooka Joe" bubblegum. The kind wrapped in colorful waxed paper. Go home. Undress. Chew several pieces at once. Once all the gum is sticky and wet, rub it all over your body, paying close attention to the pulse points. Then, take the waxed paper, and rub it over top, making sure you get all that powdery residue off the paper and onto your skin.

Second method: Buy a bottle of Jailbait. Apply.

This is the smell of pink, juicy, wet, sticky, powdery bubble gum. Nothing more to add. It's a great scent when you're feeling especially girly or silly. =)

bottle: bubble gum. exact bubble gum. it of a cherry note too.

wet: Sort of smells like bubble gum children's cough syrup. But not too much. More bubble gum. I actually like it. I think I'm picking up an orange note too.

Dry: Bubble gum is gone. Now I smell a strange candy. Not quite cherry, not quite orange.

10 Minutes: ....ew....what happened? Now there's...some odd mixed smell that just doesn't smell good at all on my skin. Pity. It's pure cough syrup to me.

20 minutes: Maybe it's that womanly perfume that doesn't like my skin. It doesn't like me at all.

Overall: I'm disappointed. I wanted to like this one. You can't win 'em all I guess.

Oh Jailbait, you dissappointed me so. This is one of the most genius names for a perfume. It was one of the perfumes that the very first time I had came on BPAL it made me think "this place rocks".

In the imp wafts a strong scent of pink bubblegum and I'm not all that fond of smelling like bubblegum unless something balances it out, so I hoped the other scents would. It didn't, it only made it worse. On me it turned into strong pink bubblegum mixed with cherry. I didn't get any of the womanly perfume that I was hoping would keep it from being a scent that a 5 year old would love. But not on me. It was too sickly sweet and throughout the day it just made me sick to my stomach.

Upon first opening my Jailbait imp, I was intoxication by a familiar scent from childhood: Bubblegum. Delicious, pink bubblegum. Oh, happy joy for a pink, girly-girl like me!

Just a few moments after applying the perfume, the scent slowly changed into something far more complex. There was still a bubblegum faintness, but it was overpowered by a subtle, sexy cinnamon and spice scent that simply radiated off of my skin.

Much to my dismay, however, this perfume broke me out into itchy, red splotches. I had never had this happen with a perfume before, so I am deeply saddened and wish I knew what it is that causes the reaction. The cinnamon, I suppose. Curses.

It's a beautiful perfume with a great complexity about it. Perfect for young ladies and sexy women alike.

Bottled bubblegum. Amazingly, as it dries the sticky bubblegum fades and it turns rather cinnamon and bitter as it dries. Not as I expected but also not very good.

Jailbait - in the vial, it’s pure pink bubble gum. When it first touches my skin, again – all bubble gum. Within a few seconds, it takes on a slightly perfumey scent and the bubble gum fades into the background, although it’s still very sweet and I really like it. Within 10 minutes, it’s turned completely to plastic. I will have to see how it works in a scent locket. It’s a really fun fragrance that I’d like to enjoy without the plastic effect.

Picked up as a frimp, this isn't something that appealed to me at all to begin with.

In the imp? Bubblegum flouride like the stuff they subject you to at the dentist as a child. When they say bubblegum, the DO mean it. On me wet? BUBBLE.GUM. With a cherry candy coating like those Blo-pops we all adored 10 years ago. (Whatever happened to those?) A minute later there's a touch of perfume and citrus oranges... but still... the bubblegum lingers. Oi vey. Ickyickystickygooeyguminmyhairmemories. After it dries, the overwhelming OH MY GOD bubblegum note fades to a nice sweet but solid background which the orange and cherry have followed and lost the sweet... now there's a faint fruity mix of this but it's almost all gone before it's even dry. Hmm, no great loss, really.

Mm! initially this is all Cherry Blow Pop. It's sticky sweet cherry candy with totally pink bubblegum in the middle.

As it dried down, I got a spiced orange, not unlike the kind you find around Christmas.

The longer it was on me, the more the "woman's perfume" came out. There was something slightly bitter in it, and yet I could still catch whiffs of cherry now and then.

This is definitely a fun scent!

Edit: 8/11- I went to wear jailbait today, and in anticipation of its deliciousness, I just put tons of it on. It smelled delicious wet, but the second it dried it went to cinnamon red hots. I hoped the stage would just pass, and went to make breakfast. Within minutes my skin was flaring up in bright red spots and it BURNED. What on earth happened? I was all ready to buy a 5mL of this! I'm not at any oddly hormonal point of the month. I washed it off of my neck and elbows, everywhere it went red. The one place it didn't flare up was my wrists- probably because there was a layer of unscented lotion there and it didn't get directly on my skin. It's been a few hours now, and while I haven't flared up, it stinks. I mean REALLY stinks. Like something dead. UGGGH. What happened to my gorgeous jailbait??

Edited by opaleyes

Woah!! This is a total jailbait scent! Sweet cherry candies and that bubblegum you get in baseball card packets. Beth nailed this dead-on!

Straight up Juicy Fruit mixed with pink bubblegum and a touch of mint to me (is my nose broken? maybe!)

Short but sweet: not a scent I would wear!

From start to finish, this is straight-up Dubble Bubble gum like my dad likes. It is a perfect match. I don't get any of the other notes from the imp or at any time while Jailbait is on my skin.

I haven't decided whether or not I will keep this one.

In the bottle, this smelled like...bubble gum. Well, that's truth in advertising.

On the skin, wet, this smelled like...bubble gum. Enough so that I was cracking jokes about Candyland hookers and what sort of girls in Strawberry Shortcake land would smell like this. Still no other notes in the perfume, just gum gum gum.

As it started to dry down, a few hints of cinnamon and cherry came out, enough that it became a much more interesting sort of sticky-sweetness, although it was still relatively cloying, and perhaps a bit too young for anyone who isn't the age described by the title.

A little goes a very, very long way, and it took a long time to fade, even when I washed the application sites with vodka, soap and water.

Yup, smells like lollipops and bubblegum. Maybe a hint of something perfumey. It's not bad, but not something I'd go out of my way to wear when there are so many other fantabulous BPAL scents.

I can't believe I've never reviewed this! It's one of my favorites! :P

In the imp/bottle, wet, dry: Hello, Willy Wonka! Lollipops, lollipops: orange and cherry, sweet and sticky. Maybe a hint of the womanly perfume, but that soon fades. It's of the few scents that doesn't morph on me, it's just straightforwardly candy! It's candy, delicious and smile-inducing, and the sugar rush that follows. I love the smell of it, and for some reason, I always crave it during that time of the month. Mmmm, it's just wonderful.

Foul temptress! She smells so delicious (bubble gum and cherry candy) and has great throw...then she brings horrid red welts up on my skin. Bad little girl! First BPAL to do that to me, too.

I love the scent though so I'll keep the imp and find some way to use it.