BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

Rating (on skin): 2/5
Summarised in a word or two: Kiddy.

In the imp/bottle: Pink, sickly-sweet bubblegum.

On skin, wet: Bubblegum and sugary lollipops. Oy, this is sweet.

On skin, dry: This reminds me of elementary school, cupcakes, sweet juice and lunch break. It reminds me of the poster-girl for a middle-class childhood (of whom as I child I definitely did not resemble at all).

Conclusion: This is *terribly* sweet! It's definitely nothing I'd ever wear, but I can certainly see scenting *something* like this... sachets, mayeb, or lockets. It's quite cute! I doubt I'd go out of my way to buy a bottle, but I'm not sure I'd pass up the chance to snag one, either! Edited by Aredhel

My review is going to be very similar to Penance's. I wouldn't have ordered Jailbait, as I'm not a fan of bubblegum, but I received it as a generous gift and was curious after finding that it smelled much more of the orange and cherry lollipops in the imp. Bubblegum=ick, but candy=fabulous, in my book at least.

However... immediately on touching my skin, I smelled like I was trapped in the Bajooka Joe factory. :P So much so that I settled for just a couple of imp-wand swipes across my wrists, when normally I'm quite a slatherer even on a test run. Still, I remained optimistic, hoping that the other notes would come out in the drydown.

Well, it's been on for an hour now, and although it's faded a fair bit, if I sniff my wrist it's still nothing but bubblegum. There MIGHT be just a tiny hint of cinnamon lurking somewhere way, way down under there, but this is pretty much all bubblegum, all the time.

I have newly enabled one of my friends to BPAL and as soon as she read the Jailbait description, she immediately requested to take it off my hands if I didn't like it... so at least it's going to a good home!

In the bottle yummy Bubblegum as mentioned and a touch of possibly fruit? On me it changes almost immediatly to a deeper scent it is sweet but has a touch of spice like cinnamon. Maybe even the tiniest bit of musk. But I am happy that buried under all the more womanly scents I still get a touch of the Bubblegum scent. but it is super subtle. This scent continues to stay spicy and delicious (but not foody at all on me) but sadly is not a super long lasting on me from what I found the last couple times I have tried it. This time I slathered it on and aimed more for my clothes to try and keep it around as long as possible since this stuff puts me in HEAVEN!!! This is one of my top ten scents and I have got to get a Huge bottle of this stuff, I think I just want to bathe in it, sorry to those around me :P

In the bottle, like most everyone else said, this is total sweet bubblegum and candy. It originally smelled like something I'd maybe like in a candle, but not necessarily on me.

On me, it started to change a bit. I still smelled the bubblegum, but something fruity and more deep started to show up. I'm not sure if it was berries or what, but it started to get a tad more interesting.

Once it started to dry down, I totally began to understand why this is called Jailbait. It smelled very sweet an innocent, but had an edge to it that was quite sexy. The fruity smell almost turned into something like red wine.

It faded pretty quickly, unfortunately, but I'd definitely use the rest of my imp.

In Bottle: BUBBLEGUM!

On Skin: Ok, this is bubblegum… bunches of it. I am instantly transported back to gradeschool and the Bonne Belle lipgloss that was Bubble Gum flavored. So sucking a lollipop while wearing that lip balm… yes, that is exactly what this smells like. It is sickly sweet, I can’t imagine anyone wearing this as a scent other than as a joke. I’m hoping the drydown will redeem it. Drydown: Powdery and slightly floral… a bit spicy… cinnamon maybe?

Bottle (Imp): This smells like bubblegum! I love it already, I just hope it works on me.

Just On: Going on I get the strong bubblegum smell. It reminds me of Carefree sugar free bubble gum, or maybe Trident bubblegum. I am so loving this. The Mate, several feet away says, "I smell bubblegum."

An hour or two later: There's more spice now, and not as much bubblegum. I can't tell what scent the spiciness is, but I do like it muchly. This may hit the top ten list quickly.

Around 6 hours: This still smells like spiced bubblegum, and I really really like it.

12 hours: There's less bubblegum, and more spiciness to it now, and it's faded a fair amount. This is *so* a keeper.

Overall: I adore this, and it's very much in my top ten now. It smells very true to the imp almost all the way through, with the bubblegum fading and the spices coming out more as the day progresses.

After reading other reviews: I never really got the floral part of this, which is fine in my book. I am so going to have to get a bottle of this scent.

I admit, I'm not expecting to like this one, but so often I dislike thinks I expected to love, and really like things I didn't expect to. So here goes.

In the imp: really sweet bubblegum.

Wet on me: Robitussin! With a pinch of cherry. But really disturbingly similar to the cough syrup. With a pinch of bubblegum (after a few seconds.)

Drying: The cough syrup smell is mostly gone, replaced largely by cherry bubblegum. Not as bad as I was expecting, but still not that good.

Dry: Huh, my fruit curse worked in my favor! My skin ate 90% of the cherry, leaving a much less sweet, slightly lotus, slightly spiced scent. Neat! Not sure if I'll wear this again ('cause the first phase of ICK lasted a good 15 min), and it might still be a little sweet for me, but it's an interesting scent experience!

Huh. Just goes to show that you really do have to try on everything Beth makes!! :P

Ooh! I love, love, LOVE this one! The yummy bubble gum is cut through with just enough of that "womanly perfume". Made me want to wear pigtails and a scandalously short pleated skirt (so I did...muaha!) :P I love sweet scents and I could just bathe in this one! This is so going to a big bottle for me!

This is the latest scent to blow my mind. I love Jailbait.

Wet- it's a very true bubblegum scent. Smells exactly like bubblegum, and possibly a bit like lollipops too. I would never have expected to love a bubble gum scent, but it smells really, really nice.

Wearing- once dry, this completely morphs into a totally different scent. It becomes a floral, womanly, sophisticated perfume. I have no idea what the individual notes are in this perfume, but there definitely several florals, as well as possibly just a hint of powder and mint? It smells a great deal like B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful's Cocktail.

Great scent, really fun, completely changes. On my big bottle list.

This is the epitome of flirtiness. All bubblegum initally, then it dries down to a floral, sweet fragrance. I am very impressed because I usually can't wear anything that has anything to do with cherry. Might have to be on my big bottle list, which is surprising because I never thought I'd like it. I feel like wearing a very short cheerleading skirt and blowing bubbles :P

At first, this is a straight bubblegum scent. Then the cherry comes out, which seems to not work on me whatsoever. It smells very sour and cough syrupy on my skin. Something smells burnt here too; is that jasmine?

Now something like cinnamon red hots is coming out, which is nice. The cherry is making me feel ill, however. I should probably avoid the cherry scents.

In the bottle: Cherry and orange lollipops and bubblegum is right. This jumps out of the imp and kicks my stomach with a wave of "OMG, woah." Cherry scents and I have some problems. Orange I don't get along very well, either. This should be an interesting ride.

Wet: Bubblegum mostly. With the cherry and orange scents underneath it. Sticky, pink bubblegum. And an odd taint to it that might be that womanly perfume in the description.

Dry down: It's starting to smell like Luden's cherry cough drops on me. An odd mix of too sweet and medicine that doesn't help the slight pounding in my head any. But there's a background note I can't discern that's somewhat revolting on my skin. This goes from too sweet to too medicinal in minutes. It's not pleasant. It's not something I can wear. I'm sure it's just too many scents that don't like my skin on my skin, though. Cherry scents, especially, do have a tendancy to hate my skin.

Dry: Medicine. Not even sugar scented medicine. Just medicine, which is a sickly, stomach churning smell. Bad skin yet again.

I only tried this once and I knew that I wouldn't be able to try it again. Luckily it was SRN's imp that I was sampling. This is the ultimate comparison of Hubba Bubba Bubble gum that I could come up with. My niece would love it!

This is the kind of scent that just makes me want to laugh! It's all Bazooka Joe when wet, and on drydown becomes Bazooka Joe while sitting next to a campfire.

Honestly, it could only get better if the scent of S'mores came in to play somewhere. :P

I don't think I'll wear it again, but I love it!

Oro

Egads! Jailbait does not like me, nor do I like jailbait (which is funny, because people would jokingly call me jailbait when I wasn't legal). Jailbait is really strong upon initial application. It's bazooka gum. Not just one of those Wrigley gums. It's sweet. Really sweet. Really like really strong gum. The next time I sniffed my arm (an hour later), it was gone. There was an after-scent, but very indistinctive.

In the bottle, this is the sugary sweet Bazooka Joe gum I loved as a kid. Makes my mouth water, just from the smell of it - I think I'm going to like this.

As it starts to dry down, the bubblegum mellows a little, and it starts to smell a bit like cherry lolli's. I never do get the oranges.

About 3 hours later, it's a bit spicy, but is still sort of fruity and bubblegum-ish. This is nice.

6 hours later, the fruity-ness is gone (woe) and it's starting to smell like black licorice bubble gum, which is weird and yet still nice. There's a faint floral there that I can't place.

Now, about 7 1/2 hours later, all that's left is a hint of that floral that has gone sweet. I actually like this, it'd be perfect for when my friends and I decide to have a 'Girl's Day Out'.

Edited by Skama

In the bottle: bubblegum.

On skin initially: stronger bubblegum.

After an hour: Fading bubblegum. The scent lasted about three hours on my skin, and the only real note I could distinguish was bubblegum. It's cute at first, but after a while just seems more like a scent for a little girl to me. Into the swap pile as a gift for my BPAL enabler's daughter.

First Impression: Fruity bubblegum.

Dries down to: Something sour, foul and smoky emerges. Thankfully, it fades a lot rather quickly. The mental image I get is of a teenaged streetwalker just before sunrise in a back-street alley, chewing gum and smoking a cigarette at the same time. She's unwashed, her hair is matted, she threw up recently.

Additional Comments: This is one of the worst blends I've tried, so far. The initial sour note (Yup, that's Cherry Twizzlers allright) tones down and mixes into a muddled stench with the gum and smoke within 5 minutes. For some reason, my skin is determined to bring out the very worst in this oil and succeeds.

Lasted: Don't know - this one was washed off, which I've only done once before (Brimstone, if I recall correctly).

Rating: 1 out of 5

In the imp: definately sticky sweet bubblegum. Very sweet.

Wet on skin: still smells exactly like bubblegum but i can smell a bit of the cherry and lollipop. Still VERY sweet on the skin.

Drydown: very sweet but now I am getting something a little spicy, I definately think there is cinnamon there. The longer this stays on me the less sweet and more spicy it is. I can really smell the heady perfume in the background. After a couple of minutes on my skin the bubblegum scent has really moved to the back and the cinnamony scent has moved forward.

This smells nothing on my skin like it did in the imp. I wouldn't have originally ordered this and my first sniff was very aversive to me, but the scent it dries down to is much more pleasant and not as sticky sweet.

Wow, really strong pink bubble gum! Smells just like pink Bazooka chewing gum, the old school kind. There is a orange/fruity undertone, and it does indeed smell just like cheap lollipops from the penny candy store. I can't detect the heady women's perfume. This one's a bit too much for me, as I've never really been a fan of the smell of bubble gum. But, it does beautifully embody it's name, and I'm sure on the right person it's irresistable. :P

OMG, YUM. :P

I didn't expect to like this one, because I figured it would be too sweet. But I got it as a frimp, and quickly realized -- there is NO SUCH THING as too sweet! Teeheeheeheehee! Jailbait has me feeling as giddy as a little kid hyped up on Halloween candy.

This is not bakery sweet. It's pure, refined sugar. It's Double Bubble bubble gum -- the pink stuff coated in powdery sugar that you get at Halloween. It even has that distinctly pink-bubblegum "tang" to it. Delicious! This makes me want to smack my lips.

This is what "Pink Sugar" should smell like. It's in the same vein as Lush's Creamy Candy. It's pink, it's girly, it's sassy, and it's sweet.

What's not to love?

Oh, this is fun. It goes on sweet and juicy bubblicious bubble yum bubble gum. I didn't think I would enjoy this nearly as much as I did.

I don't get any cherry or orange lollies though. The scent goes straight to spice after a very few minutes. And I don't like spice because it smells bakery on me. I go from preteen to grandma in five minutes. But I'm so glad to have a chance to try this.

I should add that this was drop down my ten-year-old son's favourite BPAL of all time.

Jailbait

In the imp: bubblegum! Pure, sweet, pink bubblegum. Yum yum!

Wet on skin: now the cherry and orange lollipops come out! I smell like a kid again! A kid in a sweet shop!

Dry on skin: now it's pure cherry candy. Dark sweet cherry candy with hints of the bubblegum and orange flitting through every now and then. It's quite a harsh cherry scent too, reminds me of cherry Tunes or Strepsils…like cold sweets or throat pastilles, it has a slight bitter medicinal scent I'm not keen on. I wish it kept the bubblegum scent it had in the imp!

After a while: the harsh, medicinal cherry scent seems to fade slightly-it's more like cherryade now. There's also a sweet and sticky orange scent, like orange candy. There's a sweetness underneath this that seems too rich and deep to originate from just candy. This could be the 'womanly perfume'…

After about 45 minutes…hmm, this is quite interesting. the scent underneath the cherry and orange lolly scent reminds me of some perfume I smelt before, but it comes after the initial shock of the sweet sticky candy…it's a scent I swear I've smelt before, somewhere else, a soft, deep, sweet scent, maybe a musk or vanilla or amber type scent? It's like old-fashioned perfume…and that's no bad thing. I prefer this phase of the scent to the cherry one! It seems almost metaphorical how a sweet, childish scent gives way to a sensual, grown up, very adult perfume. It seems to allude to innocence lost.

Verdict: at first it was pure bubblegum, when it hit my skin, the other lollipop scents came out, but when it dried it reminded me too much of cherry Strepsils or some other medicinal cherry scent. But as time passes, the orange candy and something deep, rich and sophisticated, slightly nostalgic, underneath the sweet candy overload-the 'breath of womanly perfume'-comes out. It's an interesting and very different scent experience, full of fun, sweet candy goodness with a sexier, more grown up undertone. It seems to be a scented metaphor for the joyful playfulness and innocence of youth being stripped away…it's almost disturbing, yet fascinating how such a vivid picture is captured in scent. I'm not sure if I want to keep it. I don't like the cherry pahse of the scent, but I do like the more mature perfume scent that comes in the drydown. Because of the harsh cherry phase, it's not a favourite, but a different experience of perfume to the usual, and another scent that makes me realise how Beth is so brilliant and so imaginative with scent.

A frimp from the lab! Thank you!!

Oh what a surprise!

Sweet bubble gum and lollipops. Drys down to a sultry, soft powdery scent with just a kiss of cinnamon. Very pretty!!

Reminds me of Lolita Lempicka , but better :P

I can see a 5ml in my future

Edited by blueoceanflower