BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Sea Foams Milk

Milk cresting on an ocean wave.

I'm not really sure how to describe The Seam Foams Milk. It starts off aquatic, but more "water at the Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean ride (in a good way)" aquatic than "sitting by the bay" aquatic. It also smells very sweet, like one of those Cow Tail candies. It's honestly a little too sweet for me.

But once it dries down, the extreme sweetness gets less extreme and the aquatic notes get a little stronger. I also smell something almost flowery. The dry scent really nice (I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist!) and it lasts all day. Definitely a keeper.

Imp: creamy aquatic? but not sweet. creamy aquatic
Wet on Me: definitely an ocean/sea note. fresh. upbeat
Drying Down: this is fresh sea water that has this creamy undertow base. not treacherous or dangerous, but more the sand bed the ocean flows over
Dry: the milk keeps this from going 'brine-y' this is fresh and lovely. not heady or to whispy.

It smells like seawater mixed with cream, which doesn't sound appetizing lol but scent-wise it works! Throw is great. It's a sweet, almost gentle aquatic, as though the addition of cream smooths off all the rough edges. I can see how it might veer into dryer sheet territory for some but on me it stays just on the right side of it. For a little while all I could smell was the aquatic in the throw but a little ways into drydown it balances out perfectly. The color impression is a deep but desaturated blue and off white. I think this is almost cuddly, and like, the closest an aquatic can get to seeming warm (blanket warm, not tropical beach warm, it's not tropical at all) Very unique!

Edited by Mermaid-on-Land

I like this one better than The Sea Foams Blood. It's smoother and sweeter, with less of a bite. There's an undercurrent of coconut, and overall a creamy citrus, with just a touch of sea water.

Me and aquatics rarely get along, especially of the "salty" variety. Bad aquatics always turn to soap on my skin, but the rare good aquatic makes me think fresh water grotto or spa. The Sea Foams Milk falls into the latter category. It's slightly soapy, but in such a creamy, clean, inoffensive way, that I can't help enjoying it. It's like stepping out, freshly scrubbed, from a spa bath with extra bubbles.

The aquatics (soap) is most prominent on my skin, but there is a creamy cool backing of coconut milk and something softly floral. I'm enjoying this now, while our weather in the south is just starting to warm up to around 80, and I anticipate this will be lovely in the summer when I just want to smell clean.

The other rare GC aquatics that have worked for me are Vial of Holy Water, Lady of Shalott, Egle, Kumari Kandem, and Y'ha-Nthlei.

Whoa, this is very much sea salt at first - it reminds me of those little packets I would buy for my underwear drawers as a kid. This disappates after awhile and the milk comes in, but not as strongly as I would like. But, still this is a perfect scent for those who want a lovely, sea spray scent.

It's pretty much what it says on the tin. It's a salty sea spray with a bit of creaminess. It comes close to some of those ocean candles, but the cream keeps it from going that far and keeps it nice and classy. It has pretty nice throw and lasts all day. It's not complicated, but it is a winner.

Ozoney, salty sea water, with practically none of the lab's creamy milk note. It's definitely in there, but the ozone drowns it out. If you're into aquatics, you'll love this one - to me, the milk/cream hint and sea salt rankle my nose a bit.

This is all tangy aquatic for the first hour, almost detergent-like. It eventually dries down into a more gentle, creamy note that lasts longer than anything I've tried before--I put it on around midnight and it's still there the following afternoon! I THINK I like it, but that opening hour is a tough one.

edit: What a difference a month makes! It's still a strong citrusy aquatic, but now there's a coconutty milk present very early on that tones it down quickly into something smooth and sweet. This will make an incredible summer scent for me.

Edited by Juliamon

It's not bad dry, pleasant even but the wet stage keeps giving me little whifs of spoiled milk and I'm not sure if I can get past that.

On me dry theres something sweet and nostalgic. Friends agree, it reminds us all of something from our childhoods, but no one can quite place it. Maybe a little baby powder, or something piped into a childs play area? I can see the appeal, but I'm tragically getting mostly sweetness, and not enough salty brine.