BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Well I'm not good at coming up with this sort of stuff, but I think you did an awesome job on the girls esp Druscilla and Faith..

Ooooh! Fun topic! I especially like your picks for Dawn (green energy, teehee!), Tara and Dru. I think Giles should smell of some kind of tea as well though.

Xander- An all American guy, and fellow sidekick- along with Willow- to Buffy. Kind hearted, loyal friend, brave.

Hmmm, tricky one. Dragon's Heart comes to mind though. Xander is the ordinary everyday guy, and the fact that he's right in the fighting the good fight with Buffy shows that he's the bravest of them all.

Dragon's Heart - A scent pulsing with vitality, warmth and insurmountable strength: dragon's blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Riley- An all American guy born and raised in the Midwest, an ask no questions soldier. Very loyal, strong, and set in his ways.

I don't know why but I thought of Dirty immediately. I always imagine Riley smelling clean, and he's such a normal (well, mostly), clean-cut guy. He might be out fighting demons in camo but he always, always scrubs thoroughly after.

Dirty - A wonderful antidote to an all-nighter oozing with drunken, addled perversion and debauchery. A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.

Spike- A punk badass vampire and former upper class English pansy poet.

Spike? Severin, definitely, since Spike's relationship with Buffy was so twisted and violent (but omgsohot). I think a liberal sprinkling of Nosferatu wouldn't be out of place either, since Spike lives in dusty old crypt.

Severin - Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, the Father of Masochism and sexual surrender, had planned on writing six volumes of erotic literature entitled The Heritage of Cain. Only the first two volumes were completed, the more famous of the two being the notorious Venus in Furs. This novel tells the tale of a man, Severin, that enters into a relationship of slavery and increasingly debauched degradation with his mistress, Wanda. Dry black teas, Earl Gray, and leather.

Nosferatu - As soft as grave dust and as dry as a breath drawn within a long forgotten crypt, this is Nosferatu: desiccated herbs and gritty earth brought to life with a swell of robust and sanguineous red wines.

And just for fun, I bet Adam smells like Embalming Fluid.

Edited by trollgirl

OOo - Firefly =)

Malcolm Reynolds

Antikythera Mech. (but that could be more my wishful thinking than a match :P

Highwayman - Vetiver with gardenia, blood red rose, night-blooming jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and a faint hint of leather

Zoe

Anne Bonny

Snake Oil

Blood Kiss

Wash

Casanova - Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.

Golden Priapus - Insatiable lust, unending vigor! A truly carnal, energetic men's blend: vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine (it seemed fitting :D )

Inarra

Kubla Khan - Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine

Mata Hari - Her scent is striking and bold with a delicate yet dark undertone: five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean

Scherezade - Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk

Vice - Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom

Bien Loin d'ici - The Scarlet Woman, aglow with sensual indolence: red musk, benzoin, caramel accord, golden honey, and spiced Moroccan unguents

Jayne

Grog - haha!

Plunder - The scent of a pirate's bumboat, overflowing with stolen wares: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg

Greed - Base and earthy, yet glittering with golden notes: patchouli, heliotrope, copal and oakmoss

Roadhouse - Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness

Kaylee

Antique Lace

Bon Vivant

Dana O'Shee

Alice

Maiden

Simon

Wilde - A sophisticated traditional gentleman's cologne, with just the slightest taint of patchouli's passion, tonka bean's decadence, the philanthropy of bergamot, moss' cynicism, the sharp wit of lavender, and the hopeless romantic longing of jasmine and thyme

Embalming Fluid - A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (haha!)

River

Ephemera - The scent of loss, love and the echo of time without end: sorrowful violet and chamomile with muguet, white geranium, calla lily and tea rose with a hint of autumn leaves.

Hurricane - The Dark Side of Air: a high pitched, tangy, clear scent -- light China rain deepened by murky vetivert.

Lightning - The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain.

Lurid - Shocking, horrific, fierce, savage, sensationalized, luminous and hazy: black currant, Bulgarian lavender and white musk with a dollop of thick resin and a voltaic charge of ozone notes.

The Raven - Sleek, dark, and ominous. Violet and neroli mingled with iris, white sandalwood and dark musk

Shepherd Book

BAT Bible -

Haunted - A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Cathedral - A true ecclesiastical blend of pure resins

While I do like Loviatar for Faith, the first and only Faith sent in my mind is Alecto. Unceasing in anger, and one of the kindly ones, darkness used for good. Plus, I dunno, it just is her scent in my mind. ALECTO: Olive leaf, raspberry leaf, vetiver and cedarwood.

Very interesting thread!

I have to say though, I was thinking a completely different direction for Drusilla...she's unhinged, like a million different channels going on and off all the time. She would be something with as many scents and moods. Very Schrodinger's Cat (or 13!)

And I think Kennedy was too annoying and shrill to be sexy...and I like Manhattan (although the concept matches up with her background). :ponders: Fire of Love? An obnoxious scent that won't go away, no matter how you think it should? Something with civet? :P

And I love the other ideas...especially Dawn and Faith's! Perversion is right up her alley.

In the Schwarzer Mond review thread, someone mentioned that it smells like what Angel would wear. I have to agree.

Oh Hells Yes.

I also think Dracul would smell mighty good on Angel.

You're right - she should go goggles maybe - I was taking sweet, innocent smells

Edited by CaudaPavonis

You're right - she should go goggles maybe - I was taking sweet, innocent smells

Are there any scents that are sweet, innoncent, and mechanic? Cause that'd be perfect for her. :P

I've gotta say, the image with Violet Ray always makes me think of River.

First of all:

Trollgirl- perfect suggestion for Xander, Riley, and Spike!

CaudaPavonis- super, amazing suggestions for Firefly, but I was thinking galvanic goggles for Kaylee along with a lot of the others

And I've thought of a view good scents for Angel characters:

Connor- Angel’s son. A feral boy warrior raised in a hell dimension. ODIN- His scent is dry elm bark, amaranth, warrior’s musk, and Odin’s Nine Herbs of Power. + THE ISLES OF DEMONS- Twin islands near Newfoundland, now lost, that were believed to be gateways to Hell. The scent is of wet, dark greenery, carnivorous flowers, volcanic gas, and the hot black musk of the demons and wild beasts that populated the islands. Or JEZIRAT AL TENNYN- The Dragon’s Isle: smoke and fire, earth and wind. The rage of the elements blasting over a primordial paradise.- for the smell of Quor-Toth- the hell dimension.

Fred- She may be a physics genius, but ultimately she is a sweet southern belle. I think HELL'S BELLE-Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice. (I don’t think it’s too sexy for her, just lovely, feminine and southern as sweet tea.)

Lorne- Lovable, flamboyant, empathic demon owner of the Caritas karakoke club who helps people and demons find their true path by looking into their souls when they sing. Damn there not being a seabreeze cocktail scent- Lorne's favorite cocktail that he drinks all the time. I think SWANK- the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini or THE HAMPTONS- The scent of a Cosmopolitan cocktail would do.

Illyria- Demon God King whose soul is resurected into Fred’s body. NYARLATHOTEP- Brooding, yet electric: the scent of buried secrets, roiling nightmares, the essence of the Crawling Chaos, the Father of Knives and Locusts, the Hunter in the Dark. This is the blackest of ritual incenses charged with flashes of ozone. Or AL AZIF- An Arabic term that refers to both the chirping of nocturnal insects and the ambient sound made by the chattering of demons. A sinister, sinuous incense of summoning, a herald and paean to the Primordial Gods of Darkness, Chaos, Madness and Decay. (aged to get rid of the maple syrup/ molasses, to leave gorgeous dark, dark incense)

Edited by mylogicsaysburn

I feel like Wesley would need two scents, one for pre- and one for post-badassening. Casanova is a more traditional men's cologne but has a bit of a sharp edge to it (on me, anyway), so that could be good for the later years, but I'm not sure about his earlier, more innocent self. Does "haplessness" have a smell?

I always love Whedonverse threads. I've been imaging BPAL correlations to Whedon characters for years.

But hey everybody---where's the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog love?

Billy/Dr. Horrible---Villain. It's a really light, clean-boy scent to me, which would be perfect for Billy, and then Dr. Horrible (I ACTUALLY just typed "Hottible," what a Freudian typo, that is hilarious) would be all MUA HA HA IT IS CALLED VILLIAN AND I AM ONE. A VILLAIN, THAT IS.

Penny---a mix of Dirty and Tamora; a light, sweet scent, like a girl's fading perfume mixed with Laundromat smell

Captain Hammer---Casanova, without a doubt. The manliest man smell that ever manned.

Bad Horse---Gunpowder, of course!

I'm going to have to ruminate on Buffy scents, though I came up with some pretty good Firefly ones in the thread above.

... call it a really crazy whim. Any suggestions for BPAL oils that evoke Luke Skywalker? I'll take Leia recs, too.

All right. I'm not much of a Star Warsphile but I'll give it a go :)

The Robotic Scarab Polished metallic notes, glossy leather, frankincense, star anise, and thin lubricating oils.

This strikes me as the most literal Luke Skywalker scent. Just straight up eau de Skywalker.

Manhattan sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.

I think Skywalker just has to smell unearthly, a little modern and clean and I really like the idea of leather in the scent. Because I'm a weirdo.

The Black Tower white sandalwood, ambergris, wet ozone, galbanum and leather with ebony, teak, burnt grasses, English ivy and a hint of red wine.

I dunno. This might actually be more Darth Vader. It does strike me as kind of Star Wars-y, however.

Rumpelstilzchen Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh.

Sort of the roughed up, battle weary Luke.

One struck me for Leia as I scrolled through the site:

Ultraviolet Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

A hard edge over a very lush base.

Interesting - my brain went a completely different route. I was picturing the dusty, sandy planets, and thought of Coyote and Tombstone for Luke.

Leia I see as strong and confident, no-nonsense, with a warmth, not a coldness. Scent recs... hmm...something grounded, perhaps with woods. Maybe... Peitho, Grandmother of Ghosts, Salome, Hymn to Proserpine, Phoenix Steamworks, Danse Macabre.

Interesting - my brain went a completely different route. I was picturing the dusty, sandy planets, and thought of Coyote and Tombstone for Luke.

Coyote was my first thought as well, although I think it ought to be layered with the subtlest hint of something with ozone. Perhaps Nyarlethotep.

Your humble and obedient Renaissance Man,

Bard

Princess Leia would have inherited a large case filled with crystal bottles of the Warrior Queens series, from her mother. After testing them all, she would settle upon Boadicea as her signature: "Rebel Queen of the Iceni, she led an uprising of the tribes against the Roman Empire." I mean, come on, how perfect is that?! The notes are: Amber, fig, vanilla flower, oak, patchouli, vetiver, dragon’s blood resin, leather, and neroli.

Whereas her mother Queen Amidala, would have preferred Jingu: "Although she was pregnant with the future emperor of Japan, she donned armor and rode into battle." Notes: Sakura, white orchid, mandarin, bamboo, red sandalwood, plum blossom, and lilac.

Luke would've been raised on Coyote but developed a fondness for Tristan whilst training with Yoda: "Dust on your trousers, mud on your boots, and stars in your eyes: redwood, tonka bean, white sandalwood, lemon peel, patchouli, rosewood, coriander, and crushed mint."

Yoda himself would go for Sea of Glass or something zen like Namaste. Or maybe Mag Mell: "The Plane of Joy, eternal reward for a lifetime of valor and glory...The warmth of amber, the puissance of white ginger and the clarity of verbena, with fresh green grass, lush sage and cleansing droplets of summer rain."

Han Solo would *have* to wear Casanova: "A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli." Rakish = scruffy nerfherder. :P

Aaaand I've officially put too much thought into this.

I was just going to rec both of those! Maybe layered with one of the Steamworks metallic scents, to evoke the power converters. :lol: Or Faeu Boulanger, for his time on Dagobah.

Princess Leia would have inherited a large case filled with crystal bottles of the Warrior Queens series, from her mother. After testing them all, she would settle upon Boadicea as her signature: "Rebel Queen of the Iceni, she led an uprising of the tribes against the Roman Empire." I mean, come on, how perfect is that?! The notes are: Amber, fig, vanilla flower, oak, patchouli, vetiver, dragon’s blood resin, leather, and neroli.

Whereas her mother Queen Amidala, would have preferred Jingu: "Although she was pregnant with the future emperor of Japan, she donned armor and rode into battle." Notes: Sakura, white orchid, mandarin, bamboo, red sandalwood, plum blossom, and lilac.

Luke would've been raised on Coyote but developed a fondness for Tristan whilst training with Yoda: "Dust on your trousers, mud on your boots, and stars in your eyes: redwood, tonka bean, white sandalwood, lemon peel, patchouli, rosewood, coriander, and crushed mint."

Yoda himself would go for Sea of Glass or something zen like Namaste. Or maybe Mag Mell: "The Plane of Joy, eternal reward for a lifetime of valor and glory...The warmth of amber, the puissance of white ginger and the clarity of verbena, with fresh green grass, lush sage and cleansing droplets of summer rain."

Han Solo would *have* to wear Casanova: "A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli." Rakish = scruffy nerfherder. :P

These just made my day! nicely done!!!!

Laurel's ideas were indeed fantastic and Tristran was also my first thought (even though I am not that knowledgeable about Star Wars).

These are abso-bloody-lutely PERFECT. Bravo.