BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

I giggled so hard when I saw this topic.

hmm, I immediately think of the warrior scents from Illyria - Antony (leather, ambergris, frankincense, sage, basil) and Titus Andronicus (sandalwood, frankincense, neroli, bergamot) for theme.

But honestly, I think Batman, or at least Bruce Wayne, would smell like Manhattan - rich and sophisticated - amber, leather, tea, orchids, polished teak, biting citrus.

Tonight my theme is Catwoman, even thought she's not in the movie, and tonight Selina Kyle smells like Shub Niggurath! Spicy and dangerous!

Tonight my theme is Catwoman, even thought she's not in the movie, and tonight Selina Kyle smells like Shub Niggurath! Spicy and dangerous!

Bastet or Lyonesse would work, too...or Bakeneko.

Is there a general "what BPAL would fictional characters wear" thread? Because there should be!

See, I'm a big Batman aficionado and my mind went straight to Perversion, De Sade and Saint-Germain right away. :P

I think he should smell like leather. Hmmm, now I wonder what Christian Bale smells like.

oh yeah.. do I hear the name of my favorite man?! :P

I have my scent all picked out for seeing it, but I'm going for a Batman/Gotham feel instead of Batman himself. It's Wings of Azrael for me! :P For Batman himself, I'd have to agree it should be leathery.

I giggled so hard when I saw this topic.

hmm, I immediately think of the warrior scents from Illyria - Antony (leather, ambergris, frankincense, sage, basil) and Titus Andronicus (sandalwood, frankincense, neroli, bergamot) for theme.

But honestly, I think Batman, or at least Bruce Wayne, would smell like Manhattan - rich and sophisticated - amber, leather, tea, orchids, polished teak, biting citrus.

I thought of Manhattan right away, too! Very subtle and refined.

Bastet or Lyonesse would work, too...or Bakeneko.

Is there a general "what BPAL would fictional characters wear" thread? Because there should be!

That would be a really good idea, I love matching up scents to characters, gives them a whole other layer of realness for me.

Thanks for all the recs, right now I'm layering to combine the leather I need for Batman with the sophisticated billionaire scent of Bruce Wayne and the underlying sexiness that is Christian Bale........ Shanghai over Loviatar is what I'm going with now, but I'm still layering and playing.

Waaaah! The nerdy little comics nut inside me is sooooooo jealous of all of you north americans right now because you already get to watch that movie!!! Us poor europeans, we still have to wait a few more months to see it! I cant wait!!!

But Batman would need an all new scent to himself :P A pity DC and WB have the copyright.

But he might smell somewhat like Severin or Iago.

And the Joker smells of Smilex for Men. What else?

edited: typos

Edited by ImperatrixMundi

:P

Home from the movie. What'd you finally decide, neddykapoozle?

Shub must have cinnamon or cassia in it, because I diluted it in some lotion and dabbed some on my cleavage, twenty minutes later, big red welts all over my chest and a turtleneck. Damnit. That didn't happen the first time I tested it - I thought all the spiciness was from the ginger.

No evil, oversexed gingersnap scent for me, then. :D

Ah, allergies - my true and undefeatable nemesis.

Should have gone with Bastet. Never tried Lyonesse, although it sounds intriguing. And I love the pun!

Oh well...I couldn't find my purple cat ears, either. Just the gloves and boots. So I guess I was Catwoman on her off night, in jeans and a long-sleeve cover-up shirt.

So now I really want to know - what are the scent notes in Smilex?

Edited by crimescenecleanup

I think he would probably smell exactly like Dungeon -- leather, skin musk, and a nice Chianti after a hard day of fighting crime. :P (Or maybe from running out in the middle of dininer to fight crime. Either way.)

:P Someone else said De Sade and I think I agree! Definitely that or something Steamworks, because he's such a high tech vigilante.

I third De Sade, though from the description, Manhattan sounds perfect for when he's in Bruce Wayne mode.

In my head, Batman most definitely smells like the Dark Delicacies exclusive C Auguste Dupin, a refined leather.

I don't really see Batman wearing perfume - too easy to get caught. But what would he smell like? Rubber, leather, dirt, and stone. With maybe a teeny bit of left over high end cologne that maybe Bruce didn't get entirely washed off.

Okay what about Poison Ivy, not in this movie, and the movie she was is was pretty bad, but she still rocks in the comics.

It would have to be poisionous strong greenery, with a very sensual, seductive side.

What about Faiza, the Black Mamba (A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger) mixed with some O, Snake Oil, or a Snake Pit blend to sex it up, with a Rappaccini’s Garden blend like Wolfsbane, Death Cap, Strangler Fig to add poisionous greens.

Or a G.C. as base Cleopatra Testing Poisons on Those Condemned to Death-(Accords of peach kernel, hemlock, aconite, and belladonna, with bitter almond, saffron, honey, myrrh, hyssop, frankincense, and palm.)

Edited by mylogicsaysburn

Delirium, but when I think Batman movie, the silly, campy ones I grew up with in the 90's come to mind. Batman in the comics would wear the same. :P

I think The Black Tower or Umbra would be fitting for the new, reinvented Batman. However, I already saw The Dark Knight.

The Joker would wear The Mock Turtle's Lessons.

EDIT to add more.

Poison Ivy--Only one comes to mind: BELLADONNA!

The devil's herb, which he cultivates with skill and pleasure. According to lore, the spirit of this plant may take the form of a breathtaking, achingly beautiful woman, deadly to behold. This scent is a tribute to such a dark and magnificent plant: a rich green and floral blend, earthy and haunting.

Never tried it, nor does it really appeal to me because the floral part scares me, but that's so totally her.

As for Catwoman, of course Hellcat! She's not evil, nor is she good. She just teams up with whoever it makes sense for her to team up with at the time, which is why I like her so much. And she stands up for women. However, I did not like how she was done in both Batman Returns and Catwoman.

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

I don't really see Batman wearing perfume - too easy to get caught. But what would he smell like? Rubber, leather, dirt, and stone. With maybe a teeny bit of left over high end cologne that maybe Bruce didn't get entirely washed off.

Exactly my thoughts 'cept you forgot sweat ...salty... Christian Bale...sweat! :P

I couldn't think of anything that fit the Batman straightaway, so my mind turned to layering. It'd have to be leathery, but also sweaty, salty, musky. The best I could think of was Odin layered with De Sade. ( Just tried this, and OMG!!!! dark, dangerous, and seductive= Batman)

Mods don't be mad if I did this wrong, this is more a thought experiment- not for the Halloween costume thread or the RPG costume thread- although these ideas could be used for a costume for a fan- convention/ Halloween/ RPG. We just need a general fictional character thread.

So what fragrances would the characters from Buffy, Angel, and Firefly wear? What BPAL scents embody them?

I started thinking about this while reading reviews of John Dee, where a reviewer said it smelled like Giles as the mage who confronts the evil Willow, and that she just needed a darker/ sinister scent in the same vein for Ethan Rayne.

So here goes it for Buffy characters:

Giles- JOHN DEE- Soft English leather, rosewood & tonka with a hint of incense, parchment & soft woods. (Perfect for a sexy librarian well versed in the dark arts)

Ethan Rayne- THE BUGGRE ALLE THIS BIBLE- Crumbling paper and ancient cracked leather with a touch of tobacco leaf and incense. + NYARLATHOTEP- Brooding, yet electric: the scent of buried secrets, roiling nightmares, the essence of the Crawling Chaos, the Father of Knives and Locusts, the Hunter in the Dark. This is the blackest of ritual incenses charged with flashes of ozone. (Perfect for the sorcerer that worships Chaos. The scent of magickal grimores and dark rituals.)

Dawn- 51- Luminescent, glowing, and otherworldly: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats. (Perfect because this is young girly, and other worldly. When Dawn is the key, she is described as glowing green energy.)

Willow- MEDEA- Granddaughter of Helios, Hecate's chosen: Medea was one of the greatest sorceresses of the ancient world. She is the embodiment of ruthless power, indomitable will and furious vengeance. Night-blooming cereus, black orchid, black currant and myrtle leaf enshrouded in the incense of Hecate's cypress and myrrh, and the dark rage of magickal labdanum and intoxicating poppy. With some DEE for her nerdy, bookish side. (Perfect for a powerful witch with a dark side who had gotten her self some serious revenge, but is still deep down a quirky, shy, totally adorable nerd)

Tara- ARCANA- The essence of magickal enigmas and long-forgotten esoteric mysteries. Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena. VEIL- A quiet scent, soft, calm and enigmatic. A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang. And maybe CHUPAROSA The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend. (rose, lily, honeysuckle, watery florals) (Arcana is Tara’s magic. Veil, while adding a more feminine touch, speaks of Tara’s shy nature, and the big secret she kept- that she thought the females in her family had demon in them. Chuparosa, also adding more feminine notes, is the innocence of Tara and Willow’s love.

Buffy- She needs a young, modern, feminine perfume that isn’t too girly/ w/ a tinge of cemetery smell where she does most of her ass- kicking/ vampire slaying: dirt, grass, stone graves/ mausoleums. For her perfume: XIUHTECUHTLI- Copal, plumeria, sweet orange, the smoke of South American incense & crushed jungle blooms. (soft slightly powdery exotic florals, w/ a touch of spice/ incense) or PELE- Muguet, white ginger, damp tropical blooms, (Fresh and young, also tropical/ beach- she does live in Southern California) For the graveyard: DEEP IN EARTH- Rose geranium, Spanish moss, Irish yew, and graveyard dirt. Or L.E. GRAVEYARD DIRT.

Faith- the rogue slayer, sexual and violent: “Safety words are for wusses” “This one guy I ran with, he liked me to dress up like a school girl and take this friggin’ bullwhip and I’d be like…I got dangerous for a while. You over it? More or Less. I pull for the good guys now. What’s the less? The usual stuff. Such as? I was thinking of looking up the guy with the bullwhip.” LOVIATAR- The Finnish Goddess of Agony, Torment and the joy found in inflicting pain on others. The Mistress of Torture, she has transformed in the modern era into the patron Goddess of Dominatrixes. The slap of slick, hot leather punctuates the warm, sensual embrace of black amber, red musk and dark, lascivious myrrh. + a little PERVERSION- The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Oz- LOUP GAROU- The wild, untamed essence of lycanthropy. Primeval in its raw power and insatiable hunger: juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus. + a smidge of SATYR- A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild. (animalistic musk) Perfect for a sexy werewolf.

Anya- probably needs a traditional feminine perfume like BELLE ÉPOQUE- Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin & red sandalwood. Or MOSCOW- A rich, bold blend of imperial rose, carnation, jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine. Mixed with something dark and sinister for her past as a vengeance demon. Which has to be- LILITH- Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose. (Befitting for a former vengeance demon that punished unfaithful men.)

Drusilla- She was an innocent young women with clairvoyance when Angel tortured her into madness and then turned her into a vampire in the mid 1800’s. Thoughts: ANTIQUE LACE- A soft, wistful blend of dry flowers, aged linens, and the faint breath of long-faded perfumes with a single blood accord. Can a scent encapsulate insanity? More thoughts- these are L.E. but currently available and capture her lost innocence, current blood lust, and her love of gardens/ the garden at the old mansion where her and Spike lived. THE BLOOD GARDEN- Blood accord, bitter clove, English ivy, Tempranillo grape, red currant, oak, leather, blackberry leaf, and ginger lily. + ZARITA, THE DOLL GIRL- Soft, yet sociopathic: white carnation, iris, orange blossom, and sugared cream. (though Dru wouldn’t mutilate her beloved dolls)

Darla- In the early 1600’s, English born and living in the Virginia colony in America, she was a young affluent prostitute dying of syphilis, when the Master- an old and powerful leader of an elite cult of vampires turns her. She likes to seduce her victims, rather than hunt them. Maybe BLOOD COUNTESS- Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Kennedy- sexy, strong, opinionated, ass kicking potential slayer that becomes a slayer when Willow does her magic whammy in the series finale. Maybe MANHATTAN- Sexuality, power, confidence. A meeting of modern, sleek elegance and rich, passionate history: sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.

I'm a little clueless when it comes to some of the guys. Help:)

Xander- An all American guy, and fellow sidekick- along with Willow- to Buffy. Kind hearted, loyal friend, brave. His loving nature averted an apocalypse, when he talked Willow out of destroying the world. Even though he doesn’t have supernatural physical powers or magical abilities, he isn’t afraid to jump in the action and kick some evil ass. He came from an abusive home, lived in his parent’s musty basement after high school and did all kind of odd jobs until he found a good job as a carpenter.

Buffy’s boyfriends:

Angel- Brooding and sexy. A formerly and occasional evil vampire with a soul who seeks to right his past wrongs knowing deep down he will never find redemption. While human he was a young wealthy drunken whore mongering Irishman. Sired by Darla in the mid 1700’s. While a vampire he traveled Europe spreading devastation with his bloodlust and sadism until a gypsy curse gave him back his soul with a catch if he experiences one true moment of happiness he will lose it again. And he does when he takes Buffy’s virginity.

Riley- An all American guy born and raised in the Midwest, an ask no questions soldier. Very loyal, strong, and set in his ways. He lives in a very black and white world, and when that world crumbles he become totally lost.

Spike- A punk badass vampire and former upper class English pansy poet. Drusilla sired him in the late 1800’s and his lover. He has killed two slayers, and fallen madly in love with one- Buffy. Against his will he gets a chip implanted that keeps him from harming humans. But after a violent, emotionally destructive sexual affair with Buffy he fights to get a soul so he can be the kind of man Buffy could love. And ultimately he gives his life to help avert an apocalypse. Though he does come back to life on “Angel”.

I will have to think some on Angel, and Firefly characters.

What do y'all think? and suggestions please for the ones I was iffy or clueless about.