BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

A deranged darling, sweet and sociopathic! Clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!

Bubblegum and Pez candy. This was very very bubblegummy at the beginning - sticky and sweet. Now it s a duel of bubblegum and Pez. No ginger, no lemon. And now, the cream I think is turning to plastic.

Doh.

In the bottle: Buttery cake, I almost don't want to try in on (not a foody girl).

On my skin: grapefruit, lemon, ginger, pepper... and a hint of pear. I can just barely smell the cake.

This is alright, though I had higher hopes based on the notes list. I like pear, and I like citrus, but this doesn't beat out my favs in either of those categories. Too sweet for me, though not at all cloying once it dries.

Whoa, this is so NOT what I'd expected! It started very almond-y and grainy, like almond glop you'd wipe in a dough for baking. It turned, er, is that tropical fruit peeking through? Papaya, maybe? No, it's not tropical fruit any more, it's regular fruit, no wait, it's.. uh ... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SCENT? It's crazy, that's what it is. It's sweet and scruffy and uh... hm. I don't need more than the imp I have, but what a fun, entertaining scent this it!

This is a fun scent. I bought a bottle based on the name and artwork alone. Between this and Vampire, I chose this because of the lack of a leather note.

It's entertaining to know that should the whim strike me, I can smell exactly like a lily-gilded lemon cupcake.

Delicious! The grapefruit is here, the ginger too, maybe a hint of lemon and some sugar, but... in the wet stage it was all popcorn and I was kind of scared! I love it in every caleidoscopic note it has.

Bottle: Citrus, sugar and cream. :P

Wet: Still citrus and sweetness, but something spicy is there, too. The spice reminds me of shub, so I’m guessing it’s the ginger. Its also a little buttery. It’s a delightful citrus scent with a nice balance of foody/spice.

Dry: The spices and buttery/creamy/cakey-ness of this combine to remind me strongly of some of the pumpkin blends I’ve tried, though obviously there’s no pumpkin in sight. After a bit of time, the spices (ginger definitely, but I presume the pepper’s in there, too) really take the forefront and are supported by a citrus buttery cake scent. The spices are dry and almost incensey, and the cake is moist and delicious. In the hours-later dry stage, it reverts to a lightly spiced sugar/cream/cake scent, with a hint of the floral (not much citrus left).

Overall: I like this a lot more than I expected to, since I don’t wear a whole lot of predominantly fruity/citrus blends! It wasn’t at all what I expected. I want to sniff it next to some of my pumpkin oils—pumpkin queen and PPV ’07, especially.

Sweet ginger grapefruit with a zing of pepper for dry down. As Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal dries, I get more lemon and fuzzy pear.

After dry down, "Teenage Cannibal" becomes more creamy with a touch of floral. The peppery grapefruit really dominates, though.

Two hours go by and "Teenage Cannibal" is mostly rich vanilla with an undercurrent of floral ginger. It's like some gourmet frosting--very tasty. The throw has weakened a little, but still strong enough to smell when close.

At four hours, I get mostly lily with a touch of pepper. Every stage is pleasant and transitions so well. I really, really like "Teenage Cannibal"!

Fluffy and sweet. Smells like a creamy lemon candy to me, in the imp.

Wet on the skin, it smells like Fruit Loops cereal. Which cracks me up, but there you have it. It's bright and strong and cheerful, but there's that faint grain to it that has me picturing bright colored cereal circles.

That stage sadly doesn't last long, though. Lily and ginger leap to the front after a few minutes on my skin and boot the citrus notes to the background. The throw also drops off dramatically. It's not a heavy floral when it goes this way, but it's a definite change.

Eventually even the ginger gets muted and turns into a background for a faint, sweet floral with a citrus border. Pretty enough, but not something I'd wear.

In the bottle: Jeez, is that what clotted cream smells like? Because this isn't something I'd ever want to eat. It smells like spoiled milk and citrus.

On, wet: Okay, my first instinct upon smelling this on my skin is to say, "UGH." But then I sniff closer, and I can smell the vanilla and the grapefruit. I really, really hope whatever it is that smells like spoiled dairy fades fast, because I like the notes underneath.

On, dry: Okay, the spoiled milk scent isn't vanishing, but it does stick close to my skin, while the other notes kind of float up and away. I have to put my nose to my arm to smell the dairy, but I do still smell it, and I still don't like it.

I've worked out what this reminds me of. You know when you're at the dentist and they give you that funny pink water to rise your mouth with - that is like Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal.

Slightly citrusy and quite sweet but the dentist assosiation is weirding me out a bit - not that I dislike going to the dentist, I've got pretty good teeth; it's just slightly strange to wear as a perfume.

3/5 It's reasonably pleasant but I still think I'm likely to put the imp up for swaps at some point.

In the imp: Hmm. Interesting. Lemon, butter, cream. I'm not a fan of lemon-based cakes or sweets (well, eating them, at least) but this is actually quite delicious! It's making my mouth water.

Wet: Oooh, this is nice. Buttery lemon spongecake covered with whipped cream and stewed pears. I'm really glad the lilies are so subdued in this- though I adore BPAL lilies, I was more intrigued by the other notes, and the florals here just give it a lovely feminine edge. I'm really really liking this so far.

Dry down: Hm, this doesn't morph much. I don't really mind that though. I'm thoroughly enjoying the fluffy buttery lemon spongecake scent wafting from my wrists, and the pepper is starting to make an appearance too. I can't really smell the ginger, which is a shame, but the pepper adds enough zing to this scent to make it interesting. Throw is okay. I'm really glad I ordered a bottle- I don't think these two imps are going to last me long enough :P

This is my favorite of the DD Pulp line, and a pleasant surprise. Not what I expected at all. Even though I bought a bottle unsniffed, this is so much better than I could have anticipated! I just adore the fruitiness in this blend. It does kind of start off smelling like a background of Fruit Loops and candy, but in the most sophisticated and complex, wearable way possible, if you can imagine that. This is one of those blends you just have to smell to understand, because I would never be able to anticipate the loveliness that results from this blending of mish-moshed notes from the scent description alone. I don't find this blend to be overtly foody...it's totally wearable in that it has delicious foody elements but ends up drying into something much more complex than just that. Once it does it's thing, it's actually rather sexy, I think, and beneath the soft fruitiness it has a strong flushed skin scent element to it that adds a lil "rowr!"

Love it! Definite keeper bottle that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.

:wub2:

Edited by OneTheyCallLuna

In the imp it smells like quite a few of the foody scents I have already tried but the minute I put this on it turns in to a very super sweet, fun sherbety scent.

If anyone has tried refreshers (UK sweets), it smells very similar to my nose and makes me feel quite girly and bubbly. I absolutely love it, my favourite BPAL to date.

Edited for spelling

Edited by ntasha

In the vial: Creamy orange

Wet: Orange cream cookie

Dry: Slightly floral orange cream

Overall: This is too foody for me.

I am intrigued by clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss...but I'm not thinking I'm going to love the blood lily, red ginger, or English pear...let's put it to the test...

Wet: Yum! :yum: smells like sweet ice cream, the plain kind, with juicy grapefruit (or maybe I'm getting citrus from the lemon-squeezed candy floss)...very sweet and creamy and sugary all at the same time...not detecting the florals or the pear...

Dry: wow, it's like a yummy cookie! I adore this; it's kind of reminscent of Mr.Nancy....yummers!

ADDED Oct. 6:

A foody gourmand; yellow lemon pound cake with spice, maybe...quite yummy!

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

Sweet fruitness over vanilla-ginger cake.

I love this. It's fun and sweet on me. I mostly get the lemon-squeezed candyfloss and vanilla and pink pepper, not any of the floral/fruity notes. It feels young, like the kind of thing I'd give a lovestruck teenager... who may or may not happen to like human flesh. ;) :heart:

Edit, March 2010: this has become my Holy Grail scent. Must. Have. More. That is all.

Edited by Banyangirl

Much much thanks to dpoulsen21 who frimped me w/ a testable sample of this! (And as such, is saving me mucho money!)

In the vial: Delicious vanilla cream! Grapefruit! Lotsa lemon-candyfloss for sure, and some pink pepper.

Wet: Whooooa. Way too much pink pepper (mebbe red ginger, too?). Ick! It smells like cheap craft store potpourri on me. No! Why?! :cry2:

Drydown: Some of the pepper eventually backs down a smidgeon, but it's just not right on me. Damn it all! It smells amazing in the vial. Just not on me. A hint of the pear.

Verdict: Damn. It really has wonderful notes and smells drool-worthy in the vial. But it doesn't play nicely w/ my skin chemistry whatsoever. Sigh. Alas. I'll probably keep this generous sample to huff and maybe try in a scent-locket. But definitely no need to hunt down more of it. Such a shame.

Wet it smells very sweet and foody. I can smell sweet cream, pink pepper, some grapefruit and the lemon candy floss. Dry it calms down a lot. It's not nearly as sweet. I can smell the pepper and something slighltly sweet after the scent is dry.

Wow this was exactly what I didn't know I wanted. Honestly this scent is so much a "me" scent.

Bottle: Oh geez it smells like orange cleaner. Way sharp.

Wet: Still a bit of that cleaner smell but it's getting softer, some creaminess comes out too.

Dry: Lemony-orange sherbert with a bit of spice. Devine.

This dried so lovely. I can even get a hint of the pepper. This reminds me of Lolita more than anything. I did a swap for this and it paid out. I will wear it so much and now begins the hunt for a back-up bottle. It's flirty, it's sweet, it's kind of sexy but in a really subtle way. I couldn't have asked for better. 10/10.

Edited by silver_springs

In bottle: very fresh citrus scent

Wet: grapefruit, ginger and a touch of pepper. Really delicate and pretty.

Drydown: Cute, light, bubbly scent. Smells a bit like Ginger Ale, but sweeter.

Later: Light throw, lasts a few hours. Need to slather this one. Very refreshing, will be perfect come summer!

Wet on the skin, hello Pink Pepper! Mellows a bit as it dries and I begin to discern grapefruit, pear, and vanilla notes, though the pink pepper is still quite prominent even dry.

In the bottle: Pleasantly fruity and foody. Foody as in baked goods.

Wet: Fruity, Cakey (although not fruit cake!) with some citrus mixed in there. I feel like this scent is kind of WARM, even wet.

Dry: I smell buttery lemon torte, pink pepper (very girly and spicy) and something citrusy. I'm in love and can't stop smelling my wrist. Each sniff brings up something new and the cream is very apparent in the best way ever.

Verdict: Like I said, I'm in love. But wholly torn apart that this scent is retail exclusive. My imp will be guarded with my life until I can hunt down a bottle of this liquid love.

Gah. All this is on me is butter. I hate butter. I don't want to smell like butter. Why can't I smell like grapefruit or cake? No, I have to get butter. Ick ick ick.

I meant to review this wayyyyy back in 07 when I first tried it. It is still a favorite of mine to this day. And 3 years on, she is still lovestruck and feasting on the flesh of men! However, when aged, she seems slightly more grown up and less girly.

I recently got an imp of lovestruck, and I am not sure how old it is, but it smells ENTIRLEY different to my other two decants which I have had almost 3 years. It's a stick of melted butter like others have said. No sweetness, no pinkness, no nothing that lifts it up from it's melty grave! What a disapointment.

My 3 year old imps:

In the imp - OH MY GOD! I just had an imping accident whilst writing this. A half decant just spilt all over my keyboard. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What a waste of the precious! I shall continue anyway, since I am covered in the stuff... In the bottle it's creamy candy fruity goodness... get it on me now!

Wet - And oh dear, my body chemistry has changed with this one. It's all citrus! I remembered it being a full bodied creamy gorgeous melodramatic scent which a citrus kick. Not ALL citrus...

Dry - There it is! My creamy candy goodness. Still a little citrusy, but you know what, I am going to layer it with the stick of butter and see if I can bring it back down to earth!

Verdict - Butter me up and squeeze me tight! Layered, it's exactly how I remember Lovestruck. It's wonderful. You NEED that icky butter note all by it's self to appreciate what it does for the scent as a whole. It's the bee's knees... and better than sliced bread!

I guess I will have to buy some more imps as I see them and see just how different this scent is depending on it's age etc. I am too scared to buy a bottle just incase it's not the perfect lovestruck.