BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

A deranged darling, sweet and sociopathic! Clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!

Hmmmmm. The cream seems to be missing from the bottle(s) I bought! <LOL> Instead, there's a lot of bright, fizzy, fruitiness .... I get a real Croquet vibe from this one! It's a happy little scent. Not quite as "meaty" and deep as I was expecting (bwahahahahaha), but nice.

straight sniff from bottle is a delightful combo of Eat Me and BiggerCritters!! :P

once applied the citrus notes amps up ... and then mellows quickly; it's

like a lemon cupcake....nummy and the artwork is just too groovy!!

nicely done beth!! :D

MAN, am i excited to give this one a shot! FYI I'm getting over the flu, so i'll have to blow my nose in between each sniff!)

in the bottle: cream and sugar with a hint of effervescent fruit as an undernote. it reminds me of Hearth 05, with a touch of fruit. interesting. :D

wet on skin: oh. my. goddess. this smells EXACTLY like fruity pebbles! milk and all! man, this is getting me HUNGRY :P

dry down: yep. Fruity Pebbles.

in all: this just might be in the Royal Court of foodie smells! :D

*must. buy. backup. bottle.*

Ha!

I always marvel at how the lab can bottle a sense of humor.

I once heard the new Shojo-Beat scents described as "very teeny-bopper", and I wondered how that could be possible. How can a perfume be "teeny-bopper"? well Teenage Cannibal has succeeded, in the very best way.

This is totally the first perfume a girl would get hooked on wearing - foody and sweet and fruity and innocent but just grown-up enough that a 13 year old reading Tiger Beat would think it was really cool.

Straight out of the bottle, I get a sweet bubble-gum scent, probably the pear and candyfloss, with a juicy grapefruit-lemon-ginger smoothie. Underneath is a thick, rich cream scent that reminds me of coconut cream used for cooking, or a really decadent ice cream. It's that mellow, heavy cream note that is distinct from BPAL's milk note, for which I am thankful.

It has very strong throw and good lasting power.

The citrus-ginger tang and overall brightness of this scent makes me think of bottled sunshine. I am convinced now that the teenage cannibal is a valley girl.

This is totally not the kind of scent that I would usually wear, but I like it so much I might hold on to it, just for those summery days when I'm feeling immature and goofy. It's not something I would wear to the office, but it would be a good scent for miniature golfing or hanging out at the mall with girlfriends or rollerblading near the beach.

So what if I smell like bubblegum? I smell like really delicious bubblegum, and that's what matters.

Foody things usually don't last long on my skin, so I wasn't surprised that Teenage Cannibal faded fast. I think I'm definitely going to try this one in a scent locket; it's one that I want to hang around. At first I was worried; in the bottle this one has the same weird salty undertone as Vampire Tears. Luckily on my skin it soon developed into a smoky lemon sprinkled with sugar. Yummy! If I had to describe this one, I would say it's cute, flirty, and innocent. This is a real pick me up. As soon as I can figure out how to make it last longer, I know I'll be wearing Cannibal a lot.

4/5

In the bottle: Vanilla cake, a hint of something cherry-ish. Very foody.

Wet: Again, something cherry-ish, but that fades quickly. The grapefruit and lemon are in the forefront, with creamy vanilla swirling underneath.

Drydown: Sparkling, happy citrus. There is a bit of spice to keep it from going into the cleaning product smell. The cream seems to have blended in so well that I can't pick it out as a separate note but there is still a creamy feel. There's a short time when the pear note gives it a hint of play-doh, but thankfully it doesn't stay very long. This is definitely screaming "Hoard me!"

Fun fun fun - if you're on the fence on foodie scents - this is a sophisicated one! Right when I applied it, I smelled citrus and cream - orange creamsicles came to mind, Crumpet's pastry note came to mind, and Treat 2 came to mind. As it dries, the other layers emerge and it gets a grown-up spiciness - I love this and am so glad that I nabbed 2 bottles :D My only sadness is that the scent fades really quickly on my skin, so this would have to be a slathered scent on me :P

Yum! In the imp, this is all sweet grapefruit. I kind of overapplied this (and ended up using like 1/2 the imp!), so it really pops on my skin. Wet, I also got a hint of the popcorn note from Midway.

Dry it stays very light. I now get grapefruit, lemony candyfloss, and some lovely spicy ginger. The ginger was the reason that I didn't order a bottle outright, since it might have been the thing that went all funky on me in War. But ohhhhhhmyyyyyy. It is just spicy enough and really blends well with the fruit. It adds a note of sinister to the whole scent, that serves to keep it just on the right side of too sweet.

This is a real winner, and totally surprised me with how much I like it.

Edited by scarletgenesis

I love this one. It smelled really bubblegum sweet in the bottle and I was a little apprehensive to apply it. But the dry down is amazing. There is still that hint of sweet candy bubblegum (which I think fits into this blend's "theme" perfectly) but moreso its a creamy spice that is gorgeous. This has a great throw without being over powering.

DIARY OF A LOVESTRUCK TEENAGE CANNIBAL

In Bottle: Grapefruit and cream

On Skin: In theory this should smell good on me. The fruits are very bright and juicy, and stand out and almost knock me over. The cream in the background goes a little funky, almost curdled by all the citrus. I get a cake or crumpet note from it… very foody, with fruit sitting on top. Fresh fruit, not cooked or jellied. Grapefruit is the strongest, sour and bitter. There is a little spice in the background from the ginger. I can’t really smell the pear or pepper. It’s a fun scent, but not my favorite… the cream is just a little wonky on me. I do like it though and will wear it. It has an average throw and short to average wearlength on me.

Oh no! In the bottle, this is a lovely creamy pear with a generous splash of ginger. On me, it's crayons! *cries*. I may have to scent locket this or something, because it's so lovely in the bottle.

LOVING this! In the bottle this smells EXACTLY like a orange chiffon cake. Weird!

EXACTLY. So, I put it on.....

*Sniff, sniff*

Getting delicious vanilla, grapefruit (just a hint) and cream. Pink pepper starting to make an appearance.

Dry down.....

Vanilla still there, grapefruit takes a back seat, pink pepper says bye bye and the pear says hello folks!

I don't detect any other scents at this point.

Loving this tangy, vanilla/grapefruit/pear combo!

*toes dirt*

I have a review... I've never done one before, so this is my first try. I just loved this scent that much :D

In bottle and wet: Vanilla-cakiness with a hint of lemon.

Drydown: Fruit sweetens up with a kick of spice (pepper/ginger?). Very light whiffs of floral that fade quick. Lemon sugar is coming out a tiny bit now. Very little vanilla on me; all fruit spice. Pear gives a slight woodsy-ness. I can smell the cream in the throw, but not up close.

Dry: It's all spicy fruit up close, but a mellow spicy, with whiffs of lemon sugar and cream in the throw. Very light, happy scent. After several hours, the creamy citrus is all I smell, but it's still nice.

I couldn't smell the pepper and ginger at all in the bottle, but boy did they come out when they hit my skin. I really, really love this.

ETA 2/21: I've worn this several more times now, and I still love it. I have a little more to add... now I am getting an "orange spice cake" smell for the first 15-20 minutes or so. Very yummy. It lasts about 5-6 hours on me, though I can still smell a little if I huff my wrist after. Toward the end, it goes to light, sweetened lemon that's just barely there. I also occassionally get a soapy kind of smell, which is weird, but not weird enough to bother me :P

Edited by lostluckkitten

I so wanted to love this. It sounded like a perfect scent for me...cream? Yes! Pink pepper? Oh boy yea. Grapefruit, pear and ginger? *Fans self* But once again my skin chemistry wrecked havoc on a perfectly dreamy blend. :P

On me this smelled like a mango smoothie from Jamba Juice. I didn't get any of the cream, none of the ginger and none of that wonderful pink pepper. Just very sweet and fruity mango smoothie. It may be my brain translates grapefruit and pear as mango....but yea. On my skin wet and even dry after an hour I am only getting mango smoothie.

This isn't quite the complex foodie-citrus blend that I was hoping for, but I still really love it :P. It only lasts about an hour on my skin though, so I wish the staying power was better. Still, it's a cheery sort of scent, and I don't mind re-applying. I love it when it's first on, smelling like lemon sugar and vanilla. As it dries down, I get more of a zingy citrus bite and sweet fruitiness with the vanilla. I can't pick out any pepper, ginger, or lily, though I'm hoping that I'll be able to smell those notes if I age this a bit more...

I really get the lemon, grapefruit and ginger plus a cakey note and a sugary note. Very nice!! It's the first ginger to work for me at all! It does remind me of Eat me with that cake note but really it's completely different with the ginger and citrus. I love it. :P

I also get mostly grapefruit and smooth citrus out of this when first on, also for some reason: Curry! Yep, this makes me smell like a takeaway for the first five minutes. Drying down, it becomes smoother and mellower and sweeter. It doesn't last a hugely long time.

Nice and fresh and sweet.

In the bottle: Buttery, citrusy cake with a hint of pink pepper and ginger.

Wet: Still extremely foody, but straight cream, vanilla, and cake now - no butter. The pepper and ginger are amped. The grapefruit and lemon are distinct but in the background. I'm not getting any pear or lily.

Dry: This reminds me of a foody version of Tweedledee. The citrus has disappeared. Maybe a hint of lily has come out. Cakiness has softened to more of creamy vanilla. Spices are even stronger!

Summary: Sweet, spicy ginger and pink pepper over vanilla cream. A little foody and a little floral. Too spicy and creamy for my tastes.

I have a totally different reaction than most people. My skin just must be weird....

In the bottle: THIS smells like a midway at the summer fair! I can acutally smell the lemon candyfloss! But, I also smell that greasy smell that goes along with the midway with corn dogs and funnel cakes frying. WEIRD.

Wet on the skin: I am still getting the Midway! (not Beth's oil named Midway but the carnival midway) I love that lemon candyfloss smell but that in the air greasy smell is stll in the back ground. I am also getting a good wiff of the pink pepper now (I Lurve me some pink pepper!)

Drying down: Lemon candyfloss, pink pepper, and a hint of red ginger - but that airy greasy smell is still in the back ground: WTF?

1/2 hr: What is left on my skin is a cheap vanilla candle smell - ugh!

45mins: totally gone

Conclusion: Believe it or not, I love the smell of this when it is first drying down but I could do without and still have no idea where that "grease in the air" note is coming from. Such a strange thing to smell out of what seems like a beautiful combination. What's really sad is that it is yucky cheap vanilla candle that is left and then it's *POOF* completely gone!

I have tried this three different times now and still get the same reaction. On one occasion it only lasted on my skin 15 minutes. I will hang on to it for another 6 mos before I try again - but for me this is abummer.

In the decant: Clotted cream, pure sweetness.

Wet: Still with the cream and candyfloss, but that nice grapefruit is starting to come out.

Drydown: Wow, the dominant notes change as quickly here as... the moods of a sociopathic teenage cannibal, I guess! First it's the grapefruit, lovely and tart, amped by the pink pepper that makes Mi-Go Brain Canister so great. Then it's the pear, and when the grapefruit fades back a little, I get a different sweetness that I'm taking to be the lily. Finally, it's mostly the ginger, pepper, and a lingering sweetness very close to my skin.

Medium to low throw; surprisingly short wearlength. Apparently cannibals don't take long to have lunch and move on.

Verdict: Well blended, and it was fun to try, but ultimately not me. I'll go to Croquet or Mi-Go for fruity-peppery. I should note that, like another reviewer, I feel a very slight burning sensation (no rash or anything, and it's not an "Oh my God, I need to wash my arm" feeling) on the patch of skin where I tested this. People with sensitive skin might want to restrict this one to locket use.

In Bottle:

Nutty sweet fruit, almost a little cloying - like something has turned.

Wet:

The same.

Dry:

This is turning my stomach. And I *love* foody scents. MUST WASH OFF.

I'll have to put it away and try again in a few weeks at a different time of the month.

I really really wanted to like this one, but to me, it smells like one of the Halloween Pumpkins. I did not even bother trying this on my skin. Pumpkin-y scents love me to pieces and tend to stick around for a long time, much to my chagrin. The descrip. sounded so interesting, I had to try/buy it with the hopes I'd like it. I don't care for the Pumpkins, so this was a disappointment for me. I swapped it with a forumite, happy to say! :P

I did get a bunch of other goodies from DD and am looking forward to reviewing them!

This is sickeningly sweet and fruity on me, with an air of something jasminey like BiggerCritters....it's cute in its own way, but at the same time it's just too much for me. I was expecting to love this one, I'm kind of surprised that I don't like it, but ya never know! I hope I find my decant a more loving home.

2 out of 5

I just ordered a decant of Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal at first and then... I don't exactly know what happened but I had an overwhelming urge to obtain a bottle mere moments later. And I'm so glad that I did. In the bottle it smells like white cake and sugared lemons, very evocative of something dessert-y but at the same time light and lacking that buttery quality that can be unappealing and too heavy in other gourmand type blends. Like others have mentioned there's a resemblance to Eat Me at first with the sweet vanilla cake, but once it hits my skin all the other notes come out and the Cannibal really shines. Now it starts to develop a candied fruit vibe, becoming something like a deliciously wearable version of Fruity Pebbles. There's a dash of refreshing pear, the grapefruit is just tart enough to balance the sweetness of the vanilla cream, and the pink pepper and ginger stir things up with a burst of spice. The red ginger is magnificent in this, a real show-stealer - and I'm very glad it didn't echo what the ginger in Saw-Scaled Viper and Shub did (when they were fresh) by smelling oddly like pumpkin to me. She must be shy because the scent wears close to the skin and fades a little fast, but damn if it's going to keep me from wearing this lovely scent. I'm generally not attracted to the foodier side of perfume and I love this, the fruit, creamy cakeness, and spice are a killer combo that's balanced perfectly.

Edited by agnusdei