BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Squirting Cucumber

Yikes! A spurt of wet, grassy greenness.

This is all cucumber. Very very strong in-your-face cucumber.

I used to buy cucumber essential oil when I was young from a little hippie herb shop. If I'd have smelled this 12 years ago, it's be love. However, these days I'm not sure that I like it anymore.

It's a different sort of cucumber scent than in the Bath & Body Works lotions-- this is much nicer, and much much fresher and brighter.

I can see why others like this, but I'll have to pass.

yikes, indeed! but, a good yikes. this one would sure wake you up right quick if you're sludgy and dumpy feelin', lol. upon first applying, it's just straight-up cuke...definitely reminds me of this peel-off cucumber mask i used to use. it even reminds me of the cucumber salad my dad used to make when i was a kid. yummm. after awhile, there is a bitter tinge to the scent that almost leans toward herbal soapiness, and even a little dot of sweetness, too. very odd.

it is definitely green through and through, but on my skin, it does develop and do little somersaults rather than remaining a uniform cucumber scent. i agree with the reviewer who said this would layer well with envy -- if you're going for the 100% fresh-green feel. i'm not so sure how i feel about squirting cucumber at the moment - as a perfume - but i will say that: 1) it's a go-to scent for snappy quick attitude adjustment/wake-up alarm, 2) you have no excuse for complaining about humid/disgusting hot weather when you have this scent around - it's that much of a cooling agent, methinks, and 3) it's helluva lot nicer than those awfully generic cucumber melon scents you find at every drugstore and mall in america!!

Edited by eatingthesea

I'll echo the above sentiments (scentiments? harhar) that this is not your typical bath&body works meloncumber. It is so relxaing and refreshing and smells good enough to eat without being what I think of as typically "foody". I am so thankful the lab included this freebie imp!! I think I may get a bottle when summer comes around.

In the imp:All sweet grass. Clean. ALready planning a big bottle.

After 5 minutes: I don't get any cucumber. But the grass is clean and lovely. THere's also a sharp note making this not as delicate as it could be, but still beautiful. It's fading quickly.

After 30 minutes: Almost gone, but the cucumber eventually came out.

Overall: Gorgeous! Clean. I wanted a big bottle the moment I smelled the imp. But it has low throw and short staying power. It's on my wishlist, but only another imp, not a big bottle. Good summer scent.

Bottle: Cucumber water. Like you get at the spa. It's so remarkably clean and fresh and such a spot on cucumber.

Wet: It doesn't morph much.

Dry: I wound up with this because I wanted a fresh, clean scent to counteract all my florals and musks. It actually winds up bringing out a bit of floral--someone in the rec forum told me it had honeysuckle and I can definitely smell that aspect. It's like a weird foil to Chimera. It's gorgeous and soft and fresh but still a bit sweet and floral. The cucumber is definitely there and it's very green but I am digging this slight honeysuckle tinge. It's beautiful.

Throw: Remarkably strong.

Overall: I likes. It's not going to be an every day scent, but it's cool and refreshing and has a bit of elegance to it. Maybe in the warmer months it's an evening scent but I think that heading into the winter it's strictly for daytime.

This is a nice simple scent.

At first it's wet juicy cucumber and grass. The description basically sums it up enough to be honest.

Very fresh, and very realistic. There's not alot of throw but I don't think cucumber is supposed to have alot of throw. It's true to what it is...cool...watery..calming and refreshing.

The cucumber fades quite quickly though :P and the grassyness is what's left behind. It's still pleasant but it's more herbally and green now that watery and green. This is the grass that's very faint for me in "Fairy Market"

It doesn't morph much after that, I like it..it's something a bit different and like most people have said, would be nice for a hot day.

In the bottle, it smelled like cucumber peels and Raita-- the Indian yogurt and cucumber dish. On me... still more cucumber peels. The Raita scent fades, and is replaced by something extremely GREEN and almost floral. It kinda smells like it's an aquatic, unisex scent, leaning towards feminine. As others have mentioned, it'd be wonderful for a hot day, or an evening in summer.

hehehehehehe :D I love cucumber! That being said, I overdosed on cucumber scents a few years ago due to a disaster of a bridal shower thrown by my mother-in-law where every single one of her friends brought me cucumber-melon Bath and Bodyworks crap. I had loads of the stuff and managed to get pretty sick of one of my favorite scent flavors.

BUT! This is completely different! fresh and invigorating and not overly sweet. Amazing!! I regain my love of the cucumber! Huzzah BPAL :P

ohhh, it is very wet and cool and grassy and cucumber! It reminds me of B&BW cucumber melon (minus melon, haha), was it B&BW sweet grass? and yes, at first, I do get some of the Indian yogurt-cucumber. :P

It's truly very different... almost aquatic/citrusy, but really I think it's a good light cucumber! It's making me hungry... :D

imp: wet, juicy cucumber.

wet: very grassy cucumber. this just smells like clean, fresh springtime to me.

dry: this fades pretty quickly but it's very pretty while it's around.

A realistic cucumber note with a touch of green grass. Really sweet and refreshing; would be good on hot summer days since it seems to have a cooling effect on the senses. One of my most hated scents is Bath & Body Works cucumber lotion and I am happy to say that THIS is much better and has made me believe I would actually wear something cucumber-scented.

Sweet cucumber with some grassy overtones. More cucumberish than real cucumber (it's concentrated). I am not sure why anyone would want to wear this as a perfume, but it's quite refreshing, light and summery!

It makes me want to eat a salad or some tatziki, really.

Imp: Bring on the salad!

Wet: It's a kinda salty cucumber.

Drydown: Just what it says on the tin - Cucumber

Overall: I really don't know what I was expecting to get out of this, but what I got was cucumber. It's a cool little scent, just not sure I need to hang on to it when i have so many other cool summer scents.

sweet, green, cool, watery cucumber - grassy and light...

a good spring scent - a casual scent - would be good for work, or on a sunny day. really lovely and youthful.

At first it's cucumber, like real, crisp clean cucumber, but after it dries it gets that weird sweet edge to it. I love cucumbers but I cannot wear most cucumber scents because something about them makes me nauseated. Sadly, this has that something... whatever it is. :( Off to the swap pile.

Wet: Exactly the smell of a cucumber. Complete with the crispness. I’m starving, and I feel like I should put my wrist on some buttered bread and enjoy…

Dry: Very green with a definite floral of some sort (the green is the stronger impression).

Wear Time: Very subtle after 2-3 hours.

Fits Description?: Smells crisp/wet? Check. Grassy? Arguable. Green? Definitely.

Overall: Extremely pleasant. Very accurate freshly cut cucumber scent when wet. The wear time is low, though. (Also, the squirting cucumber is a specific type of plant. I got this as a frimp and originally thought the name seemed rather… phallic. Still does, really.)

Maybe my imp is aged or something, it's from a swap.. but this smells very sweet and perfume-y - not like a fresh cucumber at all :( A cloying scent. I don't get any grass from it- which is what I wanted.

This is absolute dead-on freshly-cut cucumber. Just cucumber. I don't smell grass or anything else. Just cucumber.

I really like it because it is intensely refreshing to me. Unfortunately, my skin likes it too. It eats it. It's really faint really quickly.

I can see using it when I'm roasting to death hot in July/August, but I'll have other stuff ready to go on half an hour later - this just disappears on me.

This would be great in the dead of summer. It's a very clean smelling scent. I agree with everyone that it's not like the crap at Bath and Body Works. This is definitely cucumber, fresh and crisp. I like it but it fades quick. I would have to take a bath in this.

in the imp: very concentrated cucumber, very akin to cucumber soap I used many years ago (though much stronger and a bit more complex) - this is what I was expecting

wet: a strong smell of detergent with cucumber in the background, maybe a bit aquatic

dry: sweet and cucumber and still a bit of detergent

oh my, not was I was hoping for. This does not smell at all natural on me :(

oooh. Totally fresh wet cucumber. Perfect for the summer- just a touch of grass. I want to put this in the fridge so its all cold when I apply it- maybe turn it into a body spray or something?

Not much throw, just gentle nice cucumber.

It's supposed to be 104 degrees outside today. Time to break out the things that should hopefully feel like cool temperatures.

In the imp: Cool cucumber and slightly sweet grassiness.

Wet on skin: Fresh cucumber, cool and a bit wet, with just a little hint of grass.

Drydown: Freshly dry is pretty much the same as wet - cool fresh cucumber. The grass may have faded a bit more, but it's still lurking. At one hour, it's basically single note cucumber. It's softer now, and doesn't smell as wet, but it's still a light, cool, and slightly sweet scent.

Five hours later: Gone.

End of the day: Still gone.

Overall: This definitely is a cool and refreshing scent while it lasts, and I like it well. The problem here is that it doesn't last very long. This could definitely be related to my walking around outside, with said 104 degree heat taking its toll on the oil, but I was still disappointed that it didn't offer me some sort of (unrealistic, granted) vague anti-heat forcefield. It seems like this'd be a good one to wear in a place that's hot but has a breeze, as opposed to in Riverside.

The Rapaccini's Garden scents are all so unique. They're worth a sniff just for the experience!

Wet: Adding to the chorus of cucumber. Wet, fresh cucumber.

Dry: The more lemony note of cucumber disappears and SQ becomes a sort of sweet grass clippings scent. Like grass that has been added to a compost pile, with a sort of buttery-plant smell, just a touch of mulch.

I love, love this when it's fresh, but the dry down is almost too grassy for me. It's a great addition for a summer scent collection, and I've worn it a few times on bright, hot sunny early summer days.

I'll be loving my imp, but probably won't seek out a bottle.

Yup -- dark green grassy cucumber. Definitely the scent of cucumber peel, rather than the waterier interior. Oddly compelling when mixed with the Gluttony I tested on a nearby patch of hand. It's not really my sort of thing, but if you like green stuff and it works on you, this is your scent!

Ooooo! Once applied, the first thing I think of is the BBW cucumber mellon spray I used to douse myself with in HS when it was sooper popular! The cucumber is lovely and sweet, with just the tiniest sprig of green grass hanging around the background. The sweetness of the cucumber is keeping the grass from becoming too grassy, which I feel is a good thing. This isn't your generic cucumber... it's sweetened up just a little bit. Very nice indeed!!