BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

Lovely. I love this scent. It's sweet and slightly floral without being overly headache-y. I smell the pear and the grape most strongly. It is cool and refreshing. The floral is very light, almost like white flowers, so I am picturing the moonflower. This is a beautiful, beautiful scent, and going on my "bigger bottle" list.

I could write sonnets about Titania...but they'd pale in comparison to the real thing.

First sniff

Peachy floral. Wow. This is amazing. Definitelly a fae sort of scent.

When wet

GAH! It's a fruity floral I enjoy!! Oh this is yummy. Like I've stepped into a meadow of juicy flowers. Mmm. Yummy.

Drydown

Softer now and more tranquil, this turns into a white floral with a bit of juice to it..I want ot say peaches but there is something else. Not as overpowering as when first put on it mellows out into a lovely feminine and pale pink sort of scent.

Aftermath

Wow, Titania might be the first floral I really have to buy a bottle of. Absolutely beautiful

This is one of the few fruity fragrances I really love. I think it is lovely because it is not sharply tart. It's light..subtle. It doesn't scream at you like alot of fruity fragrances do. It works very well in the daytime-and is just plain fun to wear!

Wow. To me, Titania is white, white, white. And cold. A little like a pale fruit sherbet, pear maybe.

The fruity and floral notes are incredibly well-balanced. I drove my nose crazy one evening trying to isolate all the different notes in this blend, but this is a near-impossible exercise since everything is so skillfully blended together.

It is lovely, subtle and feminine but it definitely has character. I like it a lot.

In the vial

Delicate florals mixed with fruits. Dew-kissed is very appropriate here. There's a faint chill running through this scent--the same kind you experience when you walk across your lawn in the early morning hours. It's very well-blended; I can only really smell the sweet pea.

Wet

The fruits come out, along with the musk rose. It's mostly the grape and peach though, with the musk rose adding this certain body to it. I don't know how to articulate it.

Drydown

The musk rose has settled down, so I can smell the sweet pea. I'm not sure what moonflower and snapdragon smell like so I don't know what to look for. The peach is gone, and I can definitely smell the iced pears now. For some reason, pear scents like my skin a lot.

Final Thoughts

This is a nice, delicate scent. It's light, feminine and very appropriate for spring. However I don't see myself reaching for this scent a lot. It's almost too girly to suit me. I may have to try it a few more times to come to a final decision--since a lot of my scent preferences depend on my mood--but I don't really see it changing anytime soon. It's a beautiful scent though, and I'm glad I had the chance to try it.

In the bottle: Fruit again. When I first smelled it, I was unable to decide what the fruit was. I considered peaches, berries, even apricots because it was a crisp, sweet fruit smell but not cloying like peach usually is, which is why I though apricot. Turns out it is peach, white, with white grapes and some pear, which accounts for the cleanness of the scent. Yum. So nice. It reminded me of these Hungarian pastries that my mother makes with apricot in them. So good. :D So the smell is not only happy because it's so nice but also because it brings up good memories.

Wet: When first on the skin, the fruit leaps out again. I was pondering what the fruit smell was for about an half an hour as it dried down.

Dry down: Fruit still. The fruit was so nice and strong and crisp that none of the other notes were even noticeable to me. As I was walking to work I just kept sniffing it, and it brought the image of a flower and fruit strewn glen covered in a misty, glittery, ethereal fog sparkling with dew and fairy dust. It was instantly calming from the moment I put it on and remains so even now.

1 hour: The florals are starting to peek their heads out now. I know that musk rose, sweet pea, moon flower and snapdragon are in this, but I can't pick any of those individual scents out because they're blended together so well. I know that in a few hours all I'll be smelling on my right wrist is roses (as that has happened with both Libra and Persephone) so from there I'll have to judge by the left wrist.

ETA: After about two hours, I can smell sweetpea on my left wrist and that telltale trace of rose on my right. So weird. I do not understand why my skin does this. It's nice but odd :D

Reapplied after...about six hours, and now I want to eat myself. So yummy and fruity.

This is so lovely, and I'm thrilled that I went ahead and bought a 5ml from lorajc rather than waiting until I got an imp to fall in love with this scent. :P

Edited by magikfanfic

Got it as a freebie form the lab, very nice as this would not be a scent i picked out on my own.

Sniffing it in the bottle, fruity, like some melon, but reading the notes it must be the pear. Its very familiar and i know why, it reminds me a lot of Blue Moon!! It sure is more innocent and approchable than Blue moon.

Verdict: Pretty scent, but to fresh and light for me, but will keep the Imp for summerdays.

titania

at first: the lab threw this in as a freebie. this is gorgeous! i smell the grape, pear, and peach, but also get the sweet, watery florals. beautiful.

on: fruity, but kind of dry, like a fruity body spray that a little girl would wear.

1 hour later: lovely. this reminds me of being a kid.

3 hours later: it still has that slightly alcohol-y smell to it, like a body spray. i like it, though.

7.5 hours later: still light and fruity. this is lasting pretty well.

overall: i like this one, but i'm not positive if i'd repurchase it. it's a nice, light, sweet, fruity scent for summer, i think.

On first sniff, I can't distinguish any of the notes in Titania... on second sniff, I can tell there's peach and pear, maybe a touch of grape, and I get a lot of floral.

But on me, it all blends together to make a very soft, sweet melon scent, reminiscent of the bright, shiny melon of Yemaya -- I really like this, because it's almost Yemaya without the aquatic notes that can cause me some issues sometimes.

All in all, a soft, sparkling fruity scent that's a huge winner in my book. :P

In the vial: Fruit Stripe Gum.

Wet: Fruit Stripe Gum. :D

Dry-down: Guess?

Dry: It continues to smell sweet and fruity, with a light floral addition that makes it more complex than any simple gum. It becomes deeper, softer, less bubblybrightsweet. The notes blend well to my nose. I keep sniffing myself. I no longer want to nibble on my wrist as I was tempted to do earlier, but I loooove it when I catch a whiff. This doesn't smell as strongly as some others and seems to be fading relatively quickly. This makes me sad. :P I like it a LOT more than I expected to.

Edit: Wearing it again on the 28th. This time it's all melonmelonmelon, less sweet, blended gum. I liked it better when it was fruit stripes gum. :D But it is has stronger staying power today. Hmm.

Edited by teza

When I open the bottle I smell sweet fruit, mostly peach and ... a little grape. But it's not fresh fruit. It's the dried kind soaked in confectioners sugar. On my wrist the sugary smell goes away a little, but it still smells juicy with a strong dose of sweet. Sweet, but good sweet. Almost like pez :-) It actually reminds me a little of a Bonnie Bell perfume I had when I was 6 or 7. Which is not a bad thing.

This would be an excellent summer scent. Unfortunately it fades away really quickly. I slathered a bunch on this morning and now, two hours later, I can barely smell it at all.

In the bottle: Very juicy, no one discernable fruit smell, but an interesting melody of fruity overlaid with flowers.

On: very much the same. I've had this on for a few hours and it's still a very fruity/floral scent. I usually am pretty picky about florals, but I really like this. It's mostly white grape & sweetpea I think I'm smelling, but everything is so well blended together, it is hard to pick out a single note.

It's like a big bowl of delicate white fruits and light pink flowers, but in liquid format. :P

This did make my coworker sneeze a lot initially when I took it out of my bag to resmell the vial. I told her she was allergic to pretty.

While I think this is a nice & pretty scent, overall it's a little delicate for my tastes. I could wear this occasionally, but it's not "me" enough for an everyday scent.

Edited by Diana

Titania is overwhelmingly sweet and fruity. It smells the way that a newly opened carton of juice concentrate smells. The strength of the fruit scent combines with the floral notes to make this a surprisingly heavy perfume. Too strong for me.

First sniff: Watermelon?? Well, some kind of melon, anyhow.

This is a nice, light fragrance, fruity enough not to kick in my floral-aversion response. It continues to smell a bit melon-y most of the way thru drydown; the flowery notes emerge more strongly later, but never overwhelmingly. "Musk rose" must be different from regular rose; a quick Google seems to confirm this, and there's no annoyingly ROSE scent in this mix.

R. thought it smelled like strawberries when fresh, and didn't like the emergence of the florals later on. I'm somewhat ambivalent about this; I think it might be a good summer fragrance, and am inclined to keep it for a second test in warmer weather.

I thought this would be an interesting one to check out, since before BPAL I've been wearing fruity type body spray smells, and was interested to see how fruit-based scents came across in perfume oil form.

The results with Titania? Love. So sweet and juicy, but girly and soft at the same time. This is like my Victoria's Secret pear glace' body spray, only all grown up and much much more 'expensive' smelling. I love it. Definite keeper, for the days I need a sweet, romantic smell. Sigh. So good. I'm ordering a big bottle as soon as I get my next outstanding order. :P

As someone very leery of floral smells, Titania is just enough floral to be new and refreshing, but sweet and fruity enough to not truly be 'floral' on me - in fact, I can hardly tell it's there, but I know it is, and it does something special to tone down the super-fruitness.

This is one of the first imps I ordered.

In the bottle, Titania is fruity and luscious with a hint of something fresh. On my skin, it is the same - just lovely. I can't put a name to any note. It is sweet, but not cloyingly so, because there is a soft edge to it from the florals. It is beautifully blended.

10 -15 minutes later, the scent softens and the florals balance out the fruits beautifully. This scent makes me think of spring, and it is very strange to be smelling this and looking out the window at all of the snow!

This scent has lasted well through the day. It developed into something nicely fruity with that floral edge to it. I am not rushing out to get a bottle just yet, as I am not absolutely swooning over it. But I really enjoy it and will wear it again.

I get the fruit mostly, not so much the sweet pea. All the fruity-ness seems white though, white grapes, white peaches. It really is very beautiful. The only problem I've had with it is that it seems so light on me, so maybe that just means I should get a big bottle so that I can slather to my heart's content!

Sweetpea is one of my favorite flowers! I can't wait to try this one!!

In the Bottle: Sweetpea and grape and peaches and pears, this is a fruity-floral fantasy!!

On Me: The ultimate in flights of fancy, this is innocent, light and magical, fruity yet floral. This is something that I think my daughter would love to wear while wearing her yellow sparkly wings that fairywingmaker made for her!

Totally gogeous! A big bottle is needed!

Oh so BEAUTIFUL! When first applied, I too got the melon impression. It quickly changed to pear with flowers. And it IS light and feminine and airy and beautiful. I feel gorgeous wearing this perfume.

** off to update my big bottle wishlist.

Oh, this is lovely. Floral and fruity, in perfect amounts. I can definitely pick out the pear and grape, I think I smell sweet pea, and what must be the musk rose. This is the scent of sunrise, a breakfast of fruit on a patio by the sea.

Titania - Got this in a swap from Epee, thanks!

In the bottle: Smells a lot like Juicyfruit gum plus watermelon. Mmm.. :P It reminded me a little of Yemaya.

On me/wet: Ah, the florals start to appear. They're bright flowers, not too overwhelming. I also smell the peach immediately, with maybe a hint of grape. It's very candyish on me.

Drydown:The florals are very subtle for a long time on me. For the first several hours, it's mainly fruit with a hint of floral. This becomes more full-bodied the longer it stays on my skin, with more florals appearing. :D

It also stayed strong all day without reapplying. It's a winner of an imp! Probably better suited for spring or summer, though. :D

In the bottle: fruity and floral.

Wet: The fairy queen, bedecked with flowers sits down to a banquet of sweet fruits. And I promptly go into sugar shock. And powder shock.

Drydown: Oof, overkill.

Finally: It’s too powdery and too sweet for me.

Oooh, love, love, love this. In the bottle and wet on my skin- melon and grape- just gorgeous. It's sweet and smells a bit candy-like.

Wearing- this scent is just addictive. I get more pear as I'm wearing this, it's golden and pink and sparkly and so darn pretty. It's very, very nice, and addictive- I can't stop sniffing my wrists.

Easily a top ten and big bottle scent for me.

I think I may have found my "signature scent." This is really beautiful.

For some reason, it smells more like fir and berries on me than pears, grapes, etc. but I love it. It makes me think of Christmas, so this is definitely going to be a winter-time favorite.