BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In the imp/bottle: sweet fruit and flowers. I smell pear, a bit of grape (true grape, not grape candy like in Lady Macbeth), and I would have sworn there's melon in there. No peach that I can discern. Some sweetpea in the background.

Wet: this smells a little bit sour and soapy when first applied to my skin.

Dry: Oooooh my goodness. The most wonderful blend of light, airy fruits and flowers. Sweet but not at all sticky, floral but not at all heady, clean but not at all soapy, fresh but not at all sharp. This takes about 15 minutes to come into its own on my skin, but then it is fantastic.

Throw: moderate. I can definitely smell it on me and on my clothes, especially when I move.

Lasting power: this lasts amazingly well on me. It's still hanging around 10 hours later.

Well, this is true love.
To this day, Titania is my first and only 5ml bottle purchase. This scent makes me feel like I can work magic, very uplifting and empowering and I love wearing it when I need to get things done.

This review is for well-aged Titania. I believe my bottle is seven years old. (I bumped my head and forgot about bpal for a few years ;))

Purchased initially to wear to my best friend's wedding. I'd had an imp of it and thought this would do nicely. It did.

Now, seven years later....

WET: Still lush, juicy fruit. I get pear the most from it. Almost as if I just cut a fresh, real pear open.

DRY/DRYING: Less pear and more flowers. The flowers aren't super individualized to me (just a general floral ooomph), but that sugary sweetness of the pear is still there underneath. Now I smell a bit more of the peach.

For me this scent has a loooooooooooooooong throw. (I'm beginning to think that's the case with most bpal scents and me.) I can still smell it 6-ish hours after application, strongly.

*I don't wear Titania often because the sweentess of the smell (while delicious) does not at all match me as an individual. This is a special occasion smell, or one I wear when I want to think of my best friend living in another state. It is beautiful, full stop, but while it is a favorite, I don't feel it is a go-to. To me, it's too much to wear every day. :)

A pretty floral in the bottle. Mostly peach nectar and flowers as it goes on and settles, with some pear in the mid notes. Dries as a juicy floral, kind of a lily of the valley (maybe that's the sweet pea?). This is just lovely, probably perfect for later in the spring.

Wet: Very sweet juicy fruit, not really recognizable as any specific fruit to my nose, backed up by some faint pretty florals.

Dry: This moves into that "fake fruit" vibe I get from plum or cherry sometimes. I actually think it's the grape doing it in this case. Smells like the grape in couch syrup, without the medicinal part. Not for my skin chemistry!

I usually can't stand grape, but fortunately, maybe due to the flowers or because this is white grape, this doesn't go dimetapp on me. It was grape-y, the non-Dimetapp kind fortunately, at first, but the peach quickly joined the party. As it dries down the florals come in and eventually the musk. Overall, it's a little sweeter than I like, but this is another lovely BPAL peach scent.

I just came from the Yamaya review topic, someone posted this was Yamaya's big sister and I couldn't agree more.

This one is a more mature, ethereal feminine scent, with some of that tangy fruit but the florals make it a lot softer.

It's got a royal dominance. I'd say this is a light blue.

It helps that it really fits all the Titania characters from musicals/films I know, heh.

Edited by Cali

Imp: Sweet, sparkly, clean, fruity floral

Wet: same

Dry: Cool sparkly floral. Feminine, good throw. I started amping the sweet pea too much and it resulted in a headache. :( To the swap pile.

I've been looking forward to this one. Because Titania!

Bottle: A blend of pear, grape and peach, with vague flowers.

Wet: Cool pear, grape and peach on a bed of colorful and slightly powdery flowers. This does have something cool-smelling in it that sets the stage for night, while the sheer abundance of fruits and flowers says summer. Nicely done.

Dry: Fruits and florals combine more into an indistinct blend and go more powdery. There's enough nostalgia in this one that I don't mind.

This is one of those fragrances, like all aquatics, that I can enjoy wearing not because it's me but for where it takes me. It's a trip, not a self-expression. Titania succeeds in taking me back to my open high school courtyard on a late spring night about 30 years ago when I saw the play. I'll probably want more of it when it's back in stock.

Titania

In the Bottle: Juicy white peach, dewy silver pear, and floral nectar

Wet: Unf… this is one of my fruitier floral favourites. I can smell white musk tempering an otherwise very dewy sweet pear, white peach, and light, almost pale frosty grape, all juiced into a delicate fae nectar. The ‘iced’ component listed is actually more dew-kissed, sugared-dust and crystalline than any actual snow or ice note. Frosty without being cold at all, ! It’s whimsical, ethereal and delicately fae! This fae-like blend is so dewy, shimmery, and juicy that it's almost aquatic- perhaps misty is a better descriptor?

Drydown: The dewy grape note dries down to a sugared plum after the wet stage settles- and reminds me of Sugar Plum Fairy, the light dusting of frosted sugary powder is also here too. The sweet pea and moonflower harmonise well with the pale fruits, affording the blend a fresh and juicy feel. It's on the same level of sweetness as Yemaya. I wouldn't say it sparkles like aldehydes- but it glimmers like dripping, dewy nectar, so so youthful.

TL;DR: Sugared white fruit nectar and dewy sugary pastel-coloured, dewy petals.

Not good for those sensitive to strong smells as this one comes on super duper strong.

And it stays strong for a good long while. No need to reapply during the day.

Sugary, sweet pea, white and sharp blend.

I'm afraid it's not my style.

In the imp: A fruity floral. I can smell the peach, musk rose, sweet pea, grape, and pear.

Wet: I'm still getting all of the above notes. It's a sweet, juicy, fruity floral scent. The musk rose note seems to be coming out more after sitting on my skin for about a minute, but the fruit notes are still going strong.

Dry: This smells almost melon-like to my nose. The sweet pea is the most prominent of the floral notes during this phase of the scent.

Verdict: This smells really pretty. I don't think it's something I need more of, but I think it would be a lovely scent in the spring and rather refreshing on a hot summer day.

Edited by dementia_divine

Sweet pea from Bath and Body Works. Fruity floral, bright, and happy. Pretty, but doesn't stand out to me.

Where I'd wear it: The school dance.

In the imp and wet this is super sweet and fruity and reminds me of watermelon bubblegum, and I have a hard time shaking that association as it dries down. But eventually it dries to (very sweet) but more sophisticated fruity floral. I get primarily pear and sweet pea, and I agree the sum of the notes is somewhat melon-y. This is a bright and bubbly blend (but not at all citric), that I think would be most at home in the late spring and summer.

Titania is pretty as all get-out. It's a sweet, fruity floral - the pale fruits give it a more ethereal feel, so it's not the full-bodied, dripping down your face sweetness of a ripe orange-colored peach but the more restrained elegance of white peach, and the same with the grape. Sweet pea is the flower I can make out most. If you fear rose, I'm not getting a lot of it here. I honestly couldn't tell you what snapdragon smells like. This is a lovely spring-summer blend, but as I have more lovely spring-summer blends than I have spring-summer here in the Pacific Northwest and Titania doesn't last on me like it seems to on some people, it will go to swaps.

This is definitely Sweet Pea heavy... very reminiscent of sweet pea body spray from chain bath and body stores, or even some candles. My initial reaction to this was knowing I had a candle that smelled like it somewhere. Just a good ol' pink Angel's Kiss candle or what have you. Honestly I still like it, because I like sweet pea, and the fruits do add some slight diversity, but this isn't the most complex or unique GC blend. I still might get a 5ml of it one day, just because I love sweet pea.

Wet: Sweet pea, and musky peach. I liked this as soon as I opened the imp! I'm a total sucker for pear and moonflower, so I can't believe I haven't tried this yet.

Dry: Well. The wet stage was fantastic, but unfortunately.. another case of my skin eating a scent. :( This is another one where I think I'll try turning it into a room scent, or add it to a leave-in conditioner, or SOMETHING. The imp I have is pretty new, so I'll try to re-test in a few months to see how it does after it's been sitting for a bit. I WANT this to work!

Edited by donkehpoo

In the frimp this smells a lot like juicy fruit gum. Or the zebra stripe stuff? Very sugared fruits, not a lot of florals kicking in just yet. After applying to my wrist the over sugared ripe fruit smell disapates a bit, leaving behind the faintest dewy residue of light florals and gum.

As a previous reviewer said this is very shimmery. I have a Midsummer's Party to attend this weekend where this would be perfect for, but it wont get much use after that, I am afraid.

It's so fruity and cheery and moderately sweet (as in fruity fragrant sweet). Perfect for summer time! Sometimes I get a Juicy Fruit gum vibe, but it's still pleasant!

Titania makes me imagine the most whimsical, soft-focus spring picnic: an assortment of soft fruit, chilled and slightly damp from sitting on a bed of ice, each one perfectly ripe and juicy and sweet. The scent of the juice on your fingertips mingles with that drifting off of the sprays of sweet pea twined in your hair and surrounding your dainty fest. Instead of a regular picnic blanket, you've got mismatched, slightly threadbare velvet cushions laid out in the shade. If there's also a cooler full of ice and Four Lokos that you lugged up with you, it's certainly not sitting where any of your selfies are going to catch it.

Titania reminds me a bit of the girls in high school who seemed almost like manic pixie dream girls come to life, soft and pretty and picture perfect, not a rough edge in sight. Twee as fuck, but if you're looking down your nose at her, it's probably because you're still jealously trying to figure out how she sanded down her jagged corners. (She didn't; she just figured out those flattering angles a lot sooner than you did.)

The most intriguing part of this scent to me is that damp, chilled note; between Titania and 504 Gateway, I'm dying to find it in a blend that works on me. Everything else was... pretty, but not quite right. Wearing Titania made me feel like it needed something to pin it down, a grounding note or maybe just a more fitting personality. My friend and I both agreed it would probably smell better on the kind of person who wears fluttery cotton maxi dresses and flower crowns, the kind of person who loves things like sunshine and being outside, and also probably regularly updates their instagram with reminders about how much they love those things. (Which I realize makes us sound like absolute vampires, but. Well. That's only one of us.)

If you're looking for a fruity-floral that manages to go harder on the fruits without ever getting cloyingly sweet, or just a nice airy springtime scent, I'd say Titania might be a good bet for you.

Edited by conflagrantThief