BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Pool of Tears

A sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume.

at first: floral, a bit salty, and very, very watery.
on: interesting. still very wet and vaguely floral.
4.5 hours later: very soft, powdery, and floral.
7.5 hours later: a smooth, watery floral.
overall: this is really nice, but not something that i would wear.

This one is a work of art. It is so perfect. It is exactly as described in it's description. I never thought a purfume like this to be even possible. This has to be one of my over all favorites from everything I have ever sniffed and worn.

Very clean, and quite unisex. A sea-spray sort of smell, but somehow soft. I can't pick out any individual floral notes but the entire scent is a sort of white/light blue scent to me.

Disappears far too quickly, but I really like aquatics so I think it's worth reapplying. :P

Aquatic and softly perfumey, without being OMGFLORAL. This is actually really beautiful, and it's subtle enough to wear almost anywhere. A definite keeper!

in vial: strongly aquatic, very men's cologne-ish.

wet: my skin seems to eat this one. it stays men's cologne-ish on me, and a bit soapy too.

drydown: ick. men's cologne for sure. Salty and aquatic, no florals whatsoever. This would probably be lovely on a man, but definitely not for me!

Edited by phedre

In the vial:

A rather salty smell

On me:

This is just one of those scents where you get pretty much what you expect. Salt water + florals. The salt water is actually rather pungent at first, but it does soften up. The florals, I suspect, are probably jasmine and lily and maybe something else. They smell like "classic" florals and are a bit watery. They meld well with the aqautic scent so that you really do get the impression of tears mingling with a soft perfume.

Final note:

Not much else to say on this one, if you like floral aqautics, this will probably be for you. The salt added to this makes for an interesting angle on it, but it isn't for me since it's a little *too* floral for my tastes.

On first sniff, this is a very salty aquatic blend. After a minute, I can discern something floral, but it's overwhelmed by the salt. Neat! Over time, the aquatic gives way to a confused floral note--light and feminine, but hesitant. This isn't something I'd necessarily wear, but it's a perfect match to the description.

I really love florals and liked the idea of an aquatic/floral mix. I cannot believe that this can actually smell like tears (or how I think tears smell like), but it really does. It's so watery and sheer and I love the light florals in the background. To me they smell like little white flowers or something equally light and fresh. This feels very delicate and fragile and I adore it. Plus I feel like I can wear lots of it because it's so light on me. I only have an imp so far but this will be the next full size bottle I purchase.

To me, The Pool of Tears is pure lavender and honeysuckle with a faint salty coating. It actually smells alot like Twilight, only not as intense. It smells nice, but not really what I was hoping for. Just lavender on my skin. I will use up the imp when I can't get to sleep, and I need some lavender to soothe my nerves.

In the imp: aquatic and floral

On Skin: Lilies! This definitely has lilies in it.

On Drydown: Smells very much like Sea of Glass because of the lilies.

Verdict: Most lab aquatics must have lilies as a component because the smell of lilies is very predominant on my skin. This is a very pretty, girlie scent. I'd recommend this for small children because it's very innocuous and I can imagine elementary school girls wearing this as they dash about in the playground.

Wet: Light and flowery, with a hint of lime.

Dry: Sharp and flowery.

Finish: Mixed flowers.

Duration: Lasts about 8 hours, never blatant. Would be a good scent to give to someone not yet sure about wearing perfumes - not that we're enablers or anything...

Imp: medicated bandaids...hmmm...

Wet: pungent and cooling, and floral

Dry: sweetens up a bit, but still too floral for me. I don't get the spicy-sweet carnation in this like I did in Alice.

Final Thoughts: Another aquatic that I'm sad didn't work out for me. Nice, but not for me.

Since I love all things Alice in Wonderland, I was excited when this came as a frimp from the Lab since I probably wouldn't have ordered it otherwise. In the imp, this is very delicate and watery, like tears. Beth has captured the scent of Alice crying, very soft as I imagine Alice would. As I applied it, it was a lovely gentle floral, an almost crystalline scent. It has now picked up more the watery aquatic notes and has a touch of spicy floral mingling with the tears scent. I'm not sure how Beth did it but this actually smells like a pool of tears. Very nice.

Edited by twistedophelia

A very evocative scent indeed! It's initially a very salty floral, as though, well, yes, a flood of tears has covered a floral perfume. The saltiness tones down moderately after a little while. It's as though the tears aren't gone, not by a longshot, but the crying is no longer nonstop. In general, when someone stops crying after having sobbed for a while, it doesn't necessarily mean things are looking a little rosier. Crying may slow down a bit simply due to physical and/or emotional exhaustion. So, yeah... I think of this as a sad/angsty scent, and a cathartic one.

Reached for it last night during an emotionally trying evening. I wanted something simple and pretty and "Pool" fit the bill nicely even though I didn't cry a pool a la Alice (I felt like being distracted by funny things.)

Not at all sure what flowers are in Alice's perfume, but it's really pretty! I love the smell of the ocean, so I'm predisposed to like the very salty water poured over that perfume, even if it's "tears". "Pool" lasts a moderate amount of time on me, and I quite like it (even when I'm not stressed out).

first sniff: Salty clean ocean!

wet: An ocean-breeze scent - nothing murky or brackish, just freshness.

drying: This has been taken over by the fabric-softener sheet syndrome. My darned skin makes carnation smell like a laundrymat. :P

For the first time ever, off to scrub the evil away...I'm not giving up on it until I try it in my locket. I just wish it had stayed salty on my skin. :D

Bottle: not really salty, but a bit herbal and a bit flowery. Almost reminds me of Belladonna a little.

Self wet: very herbal. Starts to get softer and more floral pretty quickly after applying. Soap edged, then it drops over into the abyss of soapness. After reading some reviews I change my mind, its more dryer sheets than soap. Still not really what I want to smell like.

Later: there is the flowers, really strong floral, and they are white and a bit of salt on the edges of the blend. It does not make up for the long bit of time it was soapy though, since I am not really a flowers fan.

Overall: I seem to have little luck with "light" florals and aquatic blends. They all have the soap syndrome on me. Ah well. I shall look elsewhere in the Tea Party for fun.

Edited by Rchll

A very evocative scent indeed! It's initially a very salty floral, as though, well, yes, a flood of tears has covered a floral perfume. The saltiness tones down moderately after a little while. It's as though the tears aren't gone, not by a longshot, but the crying is no longer nonstop. In general, when someone stops crying after having sobbed for a while, it doesn't necessarily mean things are looking a little rosier. Crying may slow down a bit simply due to physical and/or emotional exhaustion. So, yeah... I think of this as a sad/angsty scent, and a cathartic one.

>snip< (politely snipped because of it being a personal note)

Not at all sure what flowers are in Alice's perfume, but it's really pretty! I love the smell of the ocean, so I'm predisposed to like the very salty water poured over that perfume, even if it's "tears". "Pool" lasts a moderate amount of time on me, and I quite like it (even when I'm not stressed out).

This could've been my review of this scent exactly! So I'll just repeat it :P and add that I really, really *love* it and I have a 5ml pending right now!

In the bottle, it has a somewhat soapy smell, which means that I knew that it would probably be pretty unisex. I don't tend to go for oceanic sorts of scents, so I didn't anticipate liking this one much.

On me, it's a very light scent (the floral, but it's not too floral) with an aquatic, soapy note right along side of it. None of the notes overpower the other, it's very balanced. It's a nice blend, and my compliments to Beth on it, but it's not really my style, so I'll probably trade it off.

A salty, aquatic floral. It really does smell like tears drowning out Alice's perfume... and thank goodness, because I really dislike Alice. It's funny that I would love The Pool of Tears so much when Alice doesn't agree with me, but so it goes. I'm big on crisp, sweet, fresh and unusual scents, and not a huge fan of warm floral scents. For me, this amplifies and adds a whole new dimension to all the good aspects of Alice.

If you didn't like Alice and are reluctant to try The Pool of Tears, I highly recommend giving it a chance. This is one of my new BPAL favorites.

Floral water. Pretty much as described! It's light and pretty but there's an underlying current of something sad. Very evocative.

On me this is pretty much exactly how the description describes it. It's watery & very salty with a floral background. I think I can smell lotus & lilies in the background as the florals but I'm not too sure. They are definately very soft. The whole perfume is very light with not much throw. This is great for aquatic lovers but it's just not me so I won't be using up my imp.

Salt? BWAH? I wanted salt and instead I got the same vaguely sweet, faintly perfumed scent I get from every aquatic.

One day I will find a BPAL that smells exactly of the ocean. Today is not that day :P

On the skin, this is a strong salty, aquatic with a dash of lavender. As this wears, it stays pretty true to that initial smell – a salty aquatic with a touch of flowers.

There must be lilies in here – I’m getting the same kinda of strong sharp lily that I got from Strength, plus the salty aquatic. I like this stage better than the wet. The sharpness is the most noticeable thing about this scent, but it’s also fresh and green. I don’t think this is true love but I did enjoy trying it.