BPAL Madness!
slave1

Tweedledum

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

This would be divine if it wasn't for my mortal enemy, patchouli. There's really only a small amount of it but it's enough to make my nose turn up and it gets stronger as time goes on (after a couple of hours I just have to scrub it off).

Though, the wet stage of the mango and green tea combo is amazing. Like, this is foody for me. It's so juicy and strong, but not strong enough to keep you away.

But oh, Tweedledum. If you had ditched that patchouli, we would have made beautiful music together.

Edited by Chickie

Tweedledum is a very appealing scent, fruity but not like candy....deep, tart, and a little earthy from the patchouli. Quite a nice scent, not a whole lot of throw, but up close it's really good. Kind of reminds me of Xanthe the Clown. A lot of fruit scents turn into candy on me, so I don't really seek them out, but this is a good one.

In the bottle: Ok green mango smells like passion fruit to me. This smells like passion fruit in the bottle.

Wet: passion fruit, hehe.

Dry down: this turns into a sophisticated perfume. A fruit tea being sipped in some exotic local with a rainforest, while sitting on dark wood furniture covered in white linen cushions while sitting in Victorian white summer dress with a hat with a veil on it like something off of Masterpiece Theater. Very, very lovely.

30 minutes: still beautiful sophistcated perfume made with fruit tea. Still Masterpiece Theater. I like Tweedledum better than his brother, but both are nice summer fragrences. Tweedledum is more sophisticated while 'Dee is more playful on me.

Conclusion: I like this very much. Eventually it just becomes mango tea, no cream no sugar. 'Dee for summer days, 'Dum for summer nights out on the town. :P

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 4-4.5.

This has nearly disappeared already and I just put it on. Hmm. There's hints of mango and fig there, and the barest hint of patchouli. Maybe with some aging Tweedledum will gain some strength, because what I *can* smell is really nice.

:P I thought I had reviewed this a long time ago, but I can't find my review. Weird.

Anyway, Tweedledum has become one of my favorite summer scents. It reminds me a lot of LUSH's Jungle--it must be the combination of the patchouli, fruits and "green" notes. It's not dead on, of course, but they're two great scents that go great together!

So if you love Jungle as much as I do, you MUST try Tweedledum.

Ah, I wanted to like this one as much as his brother, but alas, when I wear it I smell like fruit rotting in the sun. It's sticky, rancid, and fresh in the wrong way on me. Smells fine on my mom though. O.o Go figure. Guess I'll be seperating the twins with the swap box. Sad, I know.

In the imp: Bright green tea.

Wet: Fruity -- the mango is subtle. Oh, hello, patchouli!

Drydown: This balances into a nice, gentle, fruity patchouli, which is well done considering how my skin amps patchoulis. Astringent, dark, earthy tea, almost. Moderate to minimal throw, but lasts a long time on me. (Apparently I didn't scare off Mr. Dum here after all!) I would recommend this to someone looking for a kinder, gentler patchouli, something not as aggressive as Malediction. A fun scent.

In the bottle: I get mostly mango from Tweedledum, with maybe a hint of green.

On my skin: it doesn't change much. Juicy mango, slightly under-ripe.

After a few hours: I smell a hint of patchouli in the background. A little less juicy. Still delicious, fresh and fabulous.

I love Tweedledum. I wouldn't have tried it but hearing some random great reviews made me swap for an imp. My imp made me buy a bottle

from the forum. My bottle is so happy to be with me! :P We love each other. *sigh*

I was looking forward to trying Tweedledum, as I love tea, fig and mango. I used to really dislike patchouli, but several BPAL blends taught me that it can work quite well on my skin under the right circumstances, so I definitely had to try this.

In the imp, Tweedledum looks and smells like a thick, sweet, very fruity blend where the mango is predominant.

It opens up as soon as it is applied, though, and the mango, fig and tea notes make their presence known. Most of the sweetness goes away after a few minutes, leaving behind a very nice fruity scent, bright yet delicate and rather unobtrusive.

The first time I wore Tweedledum, I applied it in the morning before leaving for work and, I have to say, promptly forgot about it as it is quite a bit lighter than most fruit blends. After a few hours at work, I caught a whiff of the most beautiful patchouli note I had ever had the pleasure of smelling. The scent was rather faint and I first thought that it was coming from my coat (a long-forgotten blend?), but more dilligent arm-sniffing revealed that it was actually Tweedledum that had morphed into the lightest, most subtle and elegant patchouli scent. I never would have thought that I would one day associate patchouli and elegant, but there you go!

Needless to say, this is a keeper. In fact, the more I wear it, the more I think it may well be bottle-worthy.

The green tea note is REALLY nice, and dead-on accurate; sadly, something about the whole combination turns plasticky and strange on me - I think mango, as other fig blends are lovely on me. It's a really strong, overwhelming plastic note too; on some sniffs I get a hint of sweetened tea, but otherwise, nothing :|

Tweedledum is lovely! Oddly enough, it reminds me of the lighter notes of Thierry Mugler's Angel. It must be the combination of patchouli and fruits. I don't really detect any of the notes individually except the patchouli. It's very light, refreshing, and sweet without being foody or sugary. The patchouli grounds the scent and makes it different than most of the other light fruity BPAL blends I've tried. It's more earthy and sensual, but still very light and airy. This is definitely going on my bottle want list.

Wet in the imp, I really can't get much from this at all -- very light mango.

Wet on skin: Stronger mango, a little fig and a tiny breath of patchouli, and the slightly synthetic note that I got in The Dormouse as well. I guess that's the green tea -- someone tell me why green tea is yummy in Shanghai, but smells weird on me in Dormouse and Tweedledum? Maybe the honeysuckle in Shanghai helps.

As the minutes pass, the mango is still nice but that tea note still rings false. Too bad! Off to swaps.

ETA: Chapstick! That's what that note is! Plain ol' unscented brand-name chapstick, which despite being unscented does have its own peculiar little pong. Bit like candle wax.

Edited by Baitu

In the imp: mango, I guess. Not too rich and fruity, but promising.

Wet: The mango rounds out almost immediately, with just a faint herbal something in the background.

Drydown: Patchouli slowly emerges, in a good way--it's fruity, but not purely edible.

Dry: It's beginning to smell like Tweedledum has let himself go just a tad. I'm not sure I like the dirty-hippie vibe that's coming out. Sadly, I'm comparing this to other mango scents that have stayed juicy on me, like Body Shop moisturisers, and I'm just a little disappointed. It's not bad, but there are yummier BPALs, so I'll probably let this one go.

Mango and fig mix very well together! Very fruity and yummy! Kind of like a sweet fruity. No trace of patchouli which is good on my side! This has a very juicy scent and smells wet. I really like this scent and I bet little girls would like it too! Bottle possibly!

Tweedledum left me cold the first time I tried it. I mean, it was pleasant, and all ... but I was aiming for something a bit more interesting. Tried it again several months later (in the warmer months) and it's really quite lovely and complex. Love the mix of fruit and patchouli. I'm still not convinced I need a bit bottle of the stuff, though.

In the bottle – Sharp but sweet mango with just a hint of the green tea

Wet on me – Again the mango is dominant, backed by what I would say was melon and with a hint of something peppery

Dry on me – A sweet candy-like green fruit with just a hint of pepper behind it

Overall – This reminds me of a brighter version of Midwinter’s Eve. It faded quickly, but as it’s a GC I can slather guilt free

Bright, sweet, tart! Either not very complex or I just wasn't paying much attention. Should give it another serious try. Didn't get much of the green tea or any of the patchouli. I wanted it for the gree tea and in spite of the patchouli. Mostly I get "green and tart fruits" from this summery blend. Not terribly juicy or foody, and a little soapy. Nice. But....eh.

I'll keep the imp but will pass on a bottle.

I had high hopes for this one, as I love mango, fig, and tea, and I have lots of B&BW and Body Shop products in those flavors.

IMP: Fruity and a bit spicy

WET: Fruity and spicy for a few minutes, after which it turned into bathroom cleaner. I resisted the urge to wash it off for about half an hour, but it remained bathroom cleaner.

Damn. :P

in the bottle i love this. it's like spiked fruit punch, thick and sweet/tart and boozy.

wet on skin sooo incredibly juicy. it's like a tropical drink with a alcoholic tang and fresh squeezed fruit juice.

dry on skin the juiciness has really faded, and the patchouli is lingering. the fig keeps it sweet. i get no tea at all.

two hours later just a whiff of sweet fig. i wish the whole thing lasted longer.

bottle: mango and patchouli. the patchouli is not as strong in my nose as it is in other blends.

wet: fig and mango with just the barest hint of the patchouli.

dry: this ends up being something like a soft, sweet floral scent. one of my favourites.

This starts out as a green tea and fig scent with a subtle but really inviting patchouli. It's a clean and woody patchouli, no dirty hippy here.

This one has more depth that it's twin. It does have a similar citrus tang (which reminds me of Hungry Ghost Moon's sugary grapefruit) as Tweedledee but the green tea helps it stay a little grounded and dusty. Now dry, it sort of has a pencil shavings scent which for a while was all I could smell. Now I can happily smell everything again which is good!

Overall, I like this one the best of the pair but they do smell really lovely together.

In the imp: I'm getting a strange, medicinal cherry syrup from this? Huh?

First applied: Okay, the cherry is completely gone. That was strange. Now it smells like fig, patchouli and green tea very well-blended together with a soft hint of green mango in the background. For someone who really hates patchouli, I really do like this. The fig and green tea are making the patchouli softer and warmer than the patchouli I know.

Drydown: Now it's mostly the fig and green mango. Can't detect the patchouli at all, and I don't think the green tea either. Very delicate, sweet, and warm with a punch of fruit in the background. Nice.

Since my brother's girlfriend really likes this, I think I'm going to have to buy a bottle and borrow hers from time to time. :P Not my favorite of all the imps I received, but I still like it. It's hovering around a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

In the bottle: Blech! Stomach-turning cherry syrup medicine.

Wet on skin: Still cherry medicine. Very sharp.

Dry on skin: The cherry medicine scent has settled down into something more like cherry candy drops and now there are some florals over it. It's faded a lot, too, and very quickly.

Conclusion: It's tolerable dry but still a bit unpleasant, certainly nothing I'm ever going to wear out. Off to swaps.

In the imp:

Something sweet and fruity.

Wet:

Definitely fruity. I am guessing I won't smell much of the tea note since my skin seems to eat tea notes (alas, Theodosius did not work on me for this reason). So far, I smell mostly the mango. Okay, here is the green tea note, but I am not fooled... I know it will disappear just like it always does.

Dry:

Bah, there it goes. It's gone all bland and nearly nonexistent. I never even caught a hint of the patchouli. Ah, well. It was worth a try. :\