BPAL Madness!
slave1

Tweedledum

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

In the imp: oh, god, fresh bright sweet fruits - lots of mango and fig.

On me, wet: mango and warm figs over softly citric tea. It's a very juicy scent - and a little like Fruit Moon.

On me, dry: warm spicy fruit tea, but with a slightly dusty tinge to it. And after a while, the whole thing goes a bit sour and dry - I blame the patchouli reacting with the fig.

Verdict: Feh, this seemed pretty promising, but it's hardly going to replace Fruit Moon for my fruity scent needs.

Mmm, mango and fig could do lovely things, if only the green tea will be calm.

In the vial - So very fruity with a dark hint of madness lurking at the edges. NICE.

Wet - Figs on the ground after falling off from being too ripe and sitting in a little puddle of mango tea. :P

Drying - Darn, the fig is leaving, the mango taking its place. This smells like having a cup of steaming mango green tea with a little slice of the fruit on the side in room with the faded lingerings of patchouli.

Dry (45 minutes) - Uh, what happened? This became the faintest mango green tea, sans fig and patchouli, that I've ever happened to smell. It's like the very last drop that you never can seem to get from the bottom of a mug.

Overall - It was promising, but then just disappeared.

In the bottle: ripe mango. It's strong… not nauseating really, but very, very strong.

On my skin: mango and something green. I reckon it could be green tea but I'm not sure.

After a couple of hours: mango calms down a little. Patchouli and fig are prominent now. I'm usually not a patchouli fan, but it doesn't scare me off here.

The scent remains very green and lovable.

Verdict: a very nice fruity summer scent. I still prefer Tweedledee though.

In the bottle: Fruit, tea and woods. Hmm!

Wet: A strange mix of mango and fig, with patchouli coming out.

Drydown: It ends up smelling woody and green, with a juicy fruity mango wafting above it. Ooh, it gets fruitier and fruitier with mango, a very lovely scent, with the thick woodiness of fig and patchouli. The tea must be in there, making everything fresh, too.

Overall: A lovely, delicious, edible fruit scent. I hated Tweedledee, and this I think I really love! It's whimsical, pretty and bubbly in its mango, and a bit serious in its woodiness. I think this would make a tremendous body wash.

Tweedledum-

In Bottle: Yummy tropical fruit!

Wet: Mellows into something light and fruity.

Dry: What a pretty tropical scent! I'm not sure I would have known to say mango until the dry-down, but then it becomes plain--mango scents aren't truly like fresh mango, but mango scents do resemble each other, so, yeah. Fresh and fruity and a great scent.

Overall: I like a lot.

Very, very figgy on me. There's a green scent, too, but the top note on my skin is definitely fig! This smells a lot like Eden with a dash of verdant sharpness to my nose. Interesting, but a bit off. I like it more than Tweedledee, though, and will probably wear the rest of my imp.

Edited by Clementine

In the vial: A fresh fruit melange, dominated by citrus. Yummy!

Wet: Slightly earthier fruit and green tea.

Dry: The citrus has faded and the earthy fruit remains. The green tea threatens to go to powdery Japanese soap.

Less than an hour later: This has completely evaporated, even though I slathered. I miss it a bit, though I'm glad the green tea powder event never occurred.

This smells red to me, rather than green. I got a sweet cherry and apple fruitiness with woody mustyness in the background. Quite unusual. The high fruit notes are fading quickly, leaving the mustyness, which is a bit figgy now I've read the other reviews. I think this would also be good on a man, it's definitely unisex.

First sniff: Dum-da-dum-dum-GUM. Fruity pink bubblegum.

Wearing: Oh, much better! It’s total bubblegum in the vial, but on me it’s fantastic juicy tropical fruit. It didn’t last very long, but I didn’t put a whole lot on, fearing the bubblegum effect. I’ll know better next time.

I don't like this one as much as it's pair. The amber is a bit more pronounced. This is the more serious side of the twins...if that's possible. It feels darker where the other was all light and bouncy.

I really didn't care for Tweedledum. The only thing I could smell was mango and not in a good way. It was almost cloying. Not something I'll be trying out again.

In the vial:

A watery mango

On me:

The mango is definitely there but smells "watery" in that it isn't quite so sharp or vivid. Patchouli kicks in fairly soon and gives this a strange combination of wood and fruit. Then I can smell the green tea - that odd green and kind of herbally soft smell. So hard to describe, but it is definitely green tea.

And then there is the fig.

It's like every note is kind of taking it's turn being the "star" here, which is wierd, because I very rarely experience ALL the notes in a scent. When this settles though it becomes kind of a melding of mango and fig with a soft green backing and a very faint hint of wood.

Final note:

Mostly fruity in the long run, but a nice scent - I don't think I'd get a bottle, but I will keep my imp for sure. Makes me think of tropical beaches actually

I lost my BPAL virginity to Tweedledum. Ha.

I agree with most everyone here about the mango. To me, it smelled like bubblegum. I liked it. Its a fruity sweet smell.

But then...

the mango wore off fast and was replaced by something muskier and spicier. I can't identify it, but I'm guessing it was the fig, tea and patchoulli. That lasted about an hour.

For the next 4 hours I smelled like a patchoulli incense stick. :P

No good. I don't like patchoulli. I wish the sweet smell lingered longer, then it'd be do-able. From the comments I've read, on other people the mango and fig seem to last longer. I don't know why it disappeared so quickly for me.

After 4 hours, I smell like stale tea. But I kinda like it!

Heh.

When I take very light whiffs of the bottle, I smell luscious, juicy tropical fruit, no patchouli or tea. I would have guessed ripe mango, not green. With deeper sniffs it turns to pure bubblegum. The same thing happens on my skin, unfortunately - a teensy amount is delicious fresh fruit, enough to smell without putting my wrist to my nose, I smell like an obnoxious teenager. * It smells so good in small amounts, though, I'm going to have to keep the imp and set about combining it with other things that may need some fruitiness.

* (Apologies to any teenagers here, as I believe that teenagers who visit this forum are quite unlikely to be the obnoxious sort I'm talking about!)

In the imp:

Smells like Sweet-Tarts or some other fruity hard candy.

Wet: still smells like sweet-tarts

On dry-down:

The sweetness disappears to a certain degree, and it smells fresh and fruity - it doesn't smell like mango or fig to me, though, but for some odd reason almost exactly like black currant. The tea is slowly starting to show up as well.

The patchouli, thank goodness, doesn't raise its ugly head very much at all. (I don't like patchouli, can you tell?)

For about an hour, this smells like black currant tea on me. Not bad at all; in fact, rather nice.

This has zilch staying power on me, though - after an hour, all that is left is some indescriminate sweetness that is barely detectable.

So I won't be getting a bottle of this.

First Sniff: There's mango there, but it's calm and quiet. The rest is too faint to characterize.

On: Mango and patchouli?

Dry: It's turned into gentle, round-smelling fruitiness. Like a particularly subdued teenage lip balm.

Long-Term: Gets fainter and fainter, but doesn't change further. I should try it again with a heavier application.

Fruity! I am getting lots of mango and fig. It is funny I don’t really like patchouli all that much but it sure goes nicely with fruit, who knew. It is a very bright and sunny smell that I can see wearing during the day, but not for a night out. This one is going on my wish list.

In the imp: Wet, sweet fruits - mango dominating.

Wet: Like Tweedledee, this is a really bright, sweet, fun scent. I get a lot of mango, but the sliced fruit with hints of the peel still sticking to it. There is a green edge of fruit peeliness that is present here.

Drydown: After about five minutes the first wafts of patchouli come out, drying the scent out and making the fruits a little... dehydrated. Another five minutes, and the entire blend has gone powdery and dusty. That's a shame. It almost smells like plum after its settled completely, slightly reminiscent of Oya with vague hints at the earlier juicy fruit.

Verdict: The onset's great, but the way this scent morphs turns me off a notch. That's my chemistry doing naughty things to good blends, right there.

I'm a little disappointed in Tweedledum. After Tweedledee, I hoped this would be a great companion. However, I don't find Tweedledum to be as interesting or as silly as its brother.

There was a sweet, almost candy, note when I first put this on. I was thrilled in thinking it was going to be another fun perfume. The mango and fig were delicate and simply delicious. The patchouli was rather nonexistent or, at least, it didn't read as patchouli.

After three hours, Tweedledum disappeared. I think this is a perfume which you have to slather. I'm not giving up on Tweedledum just yet. I think the next time I wear it, I'll have to double up on my application.

tweedledumSS.jpg

I read a review further up this thread that really says exactly what I want to say about this great scent:

Tweedledum - When I first apply this, it’s predominantly mango and although it’s light, it smells so fresh and delectable. As the oil warms up on my skin, the scent of the green tea mixing with the mango becomes noticeable (and it makes me thirsty for mango iced tea!) It’s not long until the sweet and meaty scent of the fig comes bouncing out with the rest of the notes. I’m so surprised by what a fun and delightful fragrance this is. Patchouli sometimes works on me and sometimes doesn’t, and this is one instance where it really works well. Upon full drydown, the patchouli becomes noticeable and provides depth and richness to the fruit and tea notes, grounding them and keeping them down-to-earth. Overall, I’m really impressed by this interesting and unexpected combination of notes. The throw is well below average, as is the staying power, but it’s such a fun scent, that when I wear it, I won’t mind reapplying over and over to keep the scent about me all day long.

I wore this today, and felt refreshed every time I sniffed a whiff of it. Next time I wear it, I'll also wear a scent locket (not one of BPAL's yet, unfortunately) so I can smell it better and longer. I love Tweedledum, and now I look forward to scoring an imp of Tweedledee so I can try it too.

Edited by stellans

Weird. I thought I reviewed this a long time ago, but I see no review. Anyway...

I like all the notes in this, and I like the combination. It smells really sweet at first, kind of like a mango tea. Then as it's drying the fig and patchouli come out and give it a wonderful richness. It smells sweet but well-rounded. It's full and lush, and a bit bold.

I think this is a great scent, and I like it a lot better than Tweedledee.

In the imp: Green and fruity. And by green, I mean green vibes. :D

On Skin: Still green and fruity, but I get a whiff of patchouli.

On Drydown: The patchouli starts to dominate for a while. There are fruity wafts around it though. :P

After an hour or two: Back in fruity territory. I think this is predominantly mango.

Verdict: This is a sweet and juicy scent. It's almost too sweet for me though. I'm glad I found a scent that patchouli does not dominate in... at least, not ALL the time. But if you're looking for a green fruity scent, this is it. There's something very cool about it, like eating cold fruit on a summer day. Very tasty.

funny that initially this is the one that caught my attention first. in the end it is tweedledee that wins my heart.

initially i get a blast of mango green tea, then a poof of patchouli. and in five minutes it is gone. kinda hard to review as such.

Wow.....I love this one. Mango mango mango!

The mango amps on my skin, but not to the point of giving me a headache. So sweet with a slight hint of patchouli. MMMMMMMMMmmmmm

Only problem was, in 15 minutes it was hardly detectable on my skin. :P

Looks like I'll have to get me a scent locket and try that because I do love Tweedledum!