BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

This is very pretty light floral with a splash of plum juice. It's sweet and delightful. I like the daffodil, I can't say I've tried a blend with daffodil before.

This scent does smell asian, it's mellow and well behaved.. Fruity enough that I know it has a plum note, but not so fruity as to be nauseating. This is a fruit with nice manners. It lets the floral notes shine through as well. Drying down, the plum is far less pronouced, I smell a bit of jasmine, but for once, jasmine isn't major player. As the plum fades a bit, the musk steps forward and adds a nice, well... muskiness!

This is a well blended oil.. nothing sticks out too much and distracts from the overall experience. I like it, it's crisp and sweet... sunny floral and plum. This would make a beautiful spring perfume, it reminds me of the cherry blossom festival DC has every year.

When I first put this on it was fruity but musky as well, then the fruityness became floral but not an overpowering floral.

This is nice but it didn't grab me so I think it's going to be on the swapsy list!

In the bottle: Very plum

Wet: The plum is less overpowering and orchid comes through very strong

Drydown: Everything balances out and the smell is a wonderful sweet (but not cloying), fruity (but not overbearing) floral (but not old-lady), light and bright scent.

Wasn't sure I'd like this, smelled a litte fruity in the bottle. Not a big fan of plum. But on it's delightful! Just the right balance of fruit, floral and musk.

I'll probably keep a bottle of this on hand for spring/early summer. A fun scent!

What?

This has fruit and jasmine?

Then how can I love it?

I should know by now not to judge a note by a few evil experiences... but really? Two of my nemesis have joined together in a fantastic blend. Wheeee!

I had forgotten about this little imp - distracted by some strong smelling others for a few months... and in cleaning out the impage, I tried this on again. It was exactly what I was in the mood for. Love it!

Let's see - it reminds me at first of J'adore, which I love. It was my honeymoon perfume. This has that same light, sweet, happy floral.

Kitsune-Tsuki, like all BPAL, develops. I really didn't analyze this one too much, but it's lovely! Romantic, oddly enough.

This is my first review, so please forgive my uneducated nose.

Wet, Kitsune-tsuki is a light floral. On, it was richer and more complex, but still light. I hadn't re-read the lab's description before trying it, and alternately thought I could smell orange blossom or maybe peach, and in retrospect was surely the Asian plum. It briefly reminded me of a fruit Chapstick, but that passed quickly.

After 10 minutes it had sweetened further, really nice without being overpowering. At 1.5 hrs the smell was still very consistent with the 10 minute mark, and it lasted a total of about 6 hrs on me. It never got to the vaguely yucky, generic "perfumey" smell that's the final stage of many florals on me.

This doesn't sound particularly compelling, but I just HAD to leave a review because of how this scent made me feel. I tested it on the first day of my period, figuring I'd just try it again in a few weeks if it seemed wonky. Well, it was fabulous! I felt a bit like a rapid cycling manic-depressive... feel gross and uncomfortable, sniff wrist, instant happy!

Conclusion: one of my favorites so far (I've only tested 2 dozen or so). Definitely a keeper!

in bottle: apple-grapey.....jasmine also a very slight bitter spice undertone? maybe its just my imagination.

wet on skin: a very sweet candy-like jasmine. and daffodil. I have a hard time distinguishing some flowers from others.

I'm getting a sweet fruity candy tone right at the end of the smell. it reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. WATERMELON! the very end note is a candy-like watermelon! well on me anyway!

dry on skin: lighter, more musky now. I can still smell the fruit and jasmine, but it seems everything is perfectly blended into one now. I'm still smelling the candy watermelon.

final: this is beautiful! intoxicating! I LOVE IT! I'm definitely going to put this on my wishlist!

First impression: Fruity/flowery. Not a heavy floral, though.

Fresh on: Hmmm, sort of apple-ish; this is what I wanted and didn't get from Hesperides. I guess that must be the Asian plum.

Drydown: The orchid and jasmine come out later, but not strongly, just as an underlying sweetness to the fruit note. It gets a bit greener after several hours; I suspect that's the daffodil remaining after the top notes have faded. Staying power is moderate -- 5 hours and it's mostly gone.

Bottom line: A nice, light spring-and-summer scent, a little out of place in this cooler weather. I'll have to reapply it every few hours, but that's no hardship. A definite keeper.

Big white phalaenopsis orchids and sweet cherry plums.

This is gorgeous scent! The florals are light and accent the sweetness of the fruit perfectly!

I love this scent! Perfect for springtime!

In the bottle: A blast of "commercial perfume" smell. It was very off-putting. However, knowing that in the imp doesn't equal how it will smell on me, I dabbed some on my wrist.

Wet: The initial imp-smell dissipated quickly, and for a moment, there was no smell.

Dry: Wow. I figured the jasmine would overpower it just like it's overpowered every other jasmine-bearing perfume I've tried. But here, I mostly smell the musk and some delicate floral scent (the orchid, I assume), with a faintly sweet undertone that must be the plum. It's very clean-smelling. Nice.

Dry, 15 minutes later: Uh-oh. The jasmine has shown up. So far, it's not bad, but jasmine never plays nicely on my skin. :/ Maybe there's another bpal fruit-and-musk scent that doesn't have the dreaded jasmine.

First on, REALLY sharp, pointy, painful plum. Sweet, but sharp. I only used a tiny bit, and I do not like it. Dry (almost 1 hr later) -- toughed it out and it mellowed to a nice sweet plum, I think I can detect a tiny bit of musk under a slightly stronger daffodil, but the plum remains strongest.

I like this a lot more than I thought I could from how painfully unpleasant I found it wet! I'll keep this one for now.

at first: this was a freebie from the lab. fruit and musk. sweet and fresh.

on: almost boozy. odd. i can definitely smell the orchid and the plum, but something is already going sharp and soapy on me. i'm also catching the green-ness of the daffodil and the lightness of the musk.

20 minutes later: i smell like beer.

1.5 hours later: powdery, with a hint of beer.

overall: clearly, this is not a scent for me.

Kitsune-Tsuki

In the imp: Cool spring daffodils, white musk, with a hint of plum.

Wet on skin: Strong scent of daffodils. I am reminded of the bouquets of yellow happy flowers that our local hospice sells each spring as a fundraiser.

Drydown: The daffodils blend with musk and plum. It’s a cool, sweet, pretty scent. Later, plum dominates, with musk and florals in the background.

Conclusion: A great scent to remind me that winter won’t last forever, and spring will come again. It would be a nice scent for a young girl!

kitsunetsuki.jpg

Plum is the first scent to catch my attention, followed closely by jasmine. another beautiful floral scent delicate but long lasting. I would again recommend this one to the flower lovers out there. It puts you in the frame of mind of the fox woman who goes about performing dastardly deeds on unsuspecting gentlemen. It is bright and attractively assuming but it isn't my scent so I will have to let this one go. Could be my chemistry or my sniffiness regarding florals but I am sure it will be popular with other BPALers out there and not languish from lack of admirers.

I smell that awesome orchid note that I recognize from Magdalene, and the sweet, lush plum of Bordello. Who knew they would make such a lovely combination? Beth did, I guess. I smell just a hint of the jasmine, too. I used to hate jasmine but I am growing to love it thanks to the lab. It blends so perfectly with the other notes here. A gorgeous, exotic scent. Fruity, floral, fresh, and sexy all at the same time.

In Bottle: Fruity sweet floral.

On Skin: The plum stands out, so juicy and sweet. I love that… The florals compliment it nicely… This scent doesn’t remind me of mischief or wickedness though… It seems young and springlike. Very interesting… The orchid and jasmine are quite heady. The musk gives a deep edge, but not dark. The overall scent is a bit artifical though, kind of like Bath and Body Works products.

Oh, this was really adorable for the first hour or so. It had that chocolatey sweetness of daffodil, with the juicy plum and a hint of musk (not too much, thank goodness). Eventually, though, it turned as candy-sweet as Pink Moon, which is like an artificial sugar and almost makes my teeth ache. I love the scent of daffodil, though, so I'll try it again to see if I can make it play. :P

Kitsune-Tsuki is ten times the sexy, grab-life-by-the-balls plum/floral scent I wanted Suspiro to be.

Seriously, I can pick out all the individual notes when I sniff, but that seems irrelevant. This perfume is just one great big awesome. The plum is strong and juicy, the orchid and jasmine are lovely, the white musk grounds it all and warms it, and I never even knew I liked daffodil.

5ml time? Oh, I do believe so.

** KITSUNE-TSUKI **

In the bottle: fruity and floral - smells yummy!

Wet: Definite plum and jasmine - can't pick out other notes yet...

Dry down: The more I wore this the less floral it became and the more sugar - plum it became. This smells alot like Pink Pheonix does except with a plum note instead of strawberry. Very plum cotton candy. mmm, good!

Conclusion: The longer I wore this the more it turned "perfumey" on me, smelling more floral and less plum as the hours passed. Not that that was a bad thing. It still smells beautiful. If I want the cotton candy scent, I can wear the Pink Phoenix. I am putting in a lab order in the next day or so and I am adding this to it - very feminine.

I received this as a frimp from the Lab.

In the vial: tropical floral and fruit.

Wet: tropical floral and fruit. It must be the plum and orchid.

Dry: Plummy with orchid and subtle white musk. Wow, does this have throw! This is absolutely beautiful and I never would have picked it for myself. Thanks Lab!

I thought there wasn't a chance this would work for me. Plums? Usually they of all fruit are sour butt :P when in contact with my skin. Surprise! Kitsune-Tsuki is a white smelling light floral with just enough backbone to keep it from being generic. I like it quite a bit. The only down side is that it didn't last well on me, compared to many BPALs. It kind of evaporated after about an hour. So I'll probably enjoy my imp, but not likely to upgrade to a bottle. Still, nice scent!

I'd give it a 3.5 factoring in the disappearing act.

Olympia--I love your Kitsune avatar!

I wish I loved this oil. But I don't. I don't hate it either. Its all very light florals in the imp and on me, though after a few minutes a bit of plum creeps in to give it depth--like the fox face showing quick as a shadow beneath the lovely lady's face. But the plum doesn't stay, and while this is good for today--near Imbolc (I never know if it is the 1st or 2nd of Feb) because it does remind me of daffodils, its just too light for me.

I like my fox-spirits to have a little more fox in them....:P

But I'll no doubt find a good home for it.

Received in a swap from the lovely lorajc. Thanks much!

Other plum blends I've tried (Budding Moon, Blood Countess) have worked really well on me, so I'm hoping that this one doesn't disappoint. It sounds really yummy from the Lab description.

And it doesn't! In the bottle, it's a gentle pale plum floral, sharp and juicy and sweet. On the skin, it's airy-light, floral, and delicate, with the plum and orchid backing it up to give it some colour. It could be like a lot of the florals I've tried, and I've tried a lot because I love them, but this is just a bit different, and that's wonderful. The plum comes out more as it dries, giving it a more 'purple' feel while still maintaining the light pale floral scent. It fades fast, but it lingers enough to give a hint of scent, but not overpowering. Sneaky devil.

I'm glad I'm keeping this, because I just had a bit of a spill onto the label, and some people are particular about that sort of thing. Not to mention that I really like it! 8.5/10.

Smells pretty and tropical in the imp and then I put it on and the jasmine wreaks it's ugly head where it's all that I can smell for awhile. Then it actually becomes very pretty and I start to smell the sweet fruits, then after maybe 15 minutes of that wonderful part... it dissappears. I ultimately decided that it was not worth waiting through the harsh jasmine to get to the pretty part to only have it vanish fast, so I am shipping it to a friend.

In the vial, I smell mainly plum, with a mix of florals I can't distinguish from each other in the background.

On me, this is an extremely bright scent, light, playful and still with enough throw to where others can smell it on you. Very pretty, very interesting...

... and so not me it isn't even funny. I'll keep the imp (sniffing on it is like breathing in innocence to me), but I don't think I'll need more.

Edited by Diva Urd

Bright loud plum comes up first. Then pretty frolal note of orchid and jasmin soften by white musk are following it. Very sweet and cute blend.

I really like this. But when I apply this too much, the ripe juicy plum, almost like a plum wine, makes me feel like I'm drunk.

Oh no, am I possessed? Wow, foxy...!