BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Seduction

Passion, sensuality, romance, sexual sensitivity.

In the imp, I smell non-descript florals. Lovely but not standing out.

First impression on me is ylang ylang (I suppose, not familiar with it) and also something like jasmine or honeysuckle. Something faintly rose hangs in the bottom of this scent, maybe it's the combination of the two aforementioned florals. The dry down is quite similar, but my skin starts to tingle and a spice pops out. Alas, I was not awake for the completely dry aspect.

I used Seduction as it was intended--to seduce, that is--and while I did enjoy myself (and DH himself), I'm not sure how much this scent affected us. Nevertheless, it is really beautiful and I did feel very womanly as I wore it. As far as colors go, I'd say it was a dark rose. I will definitely repurchase.

imp: is this what ylang ylang smells like? i'm only asking because so many people have mentioned it and i have no idea what to call this scent other than the sort of waft i get from a way-over-air-freshened ladies room. at least now i know i do not like the smell of ylang ylang.

wet: i think i'm getting more florals, possibly jasmine, here which is not a good thing. it smells more and more like some terrible air freshener of doom.

dry: urgh. this is probably the first bpal scent i actually dislike. i think on the right person it would smell good but to me (and on me) it's not working at all.

OK, in the bottle I'm thinking this is way too floral, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Immediately when I put it on I just smelled lilies-- the flower of choice of every boyfriend I ever had. What is it about me that says, "I put the fun in funereal!" So, at first warm up it's already feeling like a mistake.

This girly femme thing and me, we don't quite get along. She plays by the rules and waits. This is a coy scent and I need something that's more, well, BRAZEN HUSSY.

After about 10 minutes I smell like Mister Bubble, and this is bringing me back to when I was a wee tot and my twin brother and I would take baths together with Mister Bubble, and this is really not something you want to smell in a seduction elixir.

OK, going to scrub myself now and try to go to my happy place.

I think I will stay away from florals for a while. With that said, I can see how this would smell great on someone else!

I got to try this imp through the Civet Evangelism Sniffing Circle courtesy of Cranberry!

Um, reading through the above reviews does not bode well for this being at all nice on me...

in imp: ylang ylang with jasmine. oh gods, do I gotta? okay, a tiny drop...

on wet: 8:05 - soap, glue and alchohol. yeah, this isn't gonna be good.

drydown: 8:20 - soap and onion. yup that's ylang ylang and jasmine on my skin.

8:50 - the soap has become much more floral & green (though it's still soap, but the onion smell of jasmine is still there. I'm done and washing this off now. Blech. No one will want to seduce me smelling of onion and bitterly floral soap!

Edited by Sealgair

i'm not sure what this floral scent is. i thought maybe lilac, but i see mentions of ylang-ylang, hmmm. it's a white floral, that's for sure..it does it's weird white floral baby powder icky thing on my skin. i guess this is seductive? i didn't really try to wear it for seduction, i was just curious what it smelled like at first. it's very floral, very white floral...which are my least favorite. i will try it for "seduction", but i doubt it will work. 13 2006 with the orange label or mouse's long and sad tale seem to work better for that (in my case.)

Cranberry seduces from afar through the Civet Evangelism Circle:

Seduction is interesting, an almost candy-like whiteness in the imp. It's triggering some sort of scent-memory reflection but I cannot for the life of my specify what it is.

On: I'd also vote for lily, since SmileCat let me sniff some Tiger Lily as an example when we met up recently. Civet turns to lily on her, and here we have civet pared with something that's already lily. Lil-stravaganza!

At any rate, lily. It's a smooth creamy floral. I don't find it particularly seductive and regrettably today is a miserable day to try my powers of seduction because I'm overwhelmingly busy, as is my partner. Alas. We'll see if this overcomes. :wicked:

I don't reckon much to the smell, which has slightly too much jasmine in for my liking, but by golly it works! :P

oh wow beautiful Ylang Ylang :P it is exactly Amazonian from Lush!

I am areal flowergal as some of you already know :D and I truly truly love this

but: my nose is hurting from it.. I am sad now

I am smelling beautiful Ylang Ylang, with maybe a hint of Jasmine and honeysuckle in the background.

This smells very seductive indeed! :P

Why hello there, ylang ylang! Nice to meet cha! I can tell there is something else in this blend, but I have no idea what it might be. This is predominantly (like 99% at least) ylang ylang anyway. I have no idea as to its effectiveness because my boyfriend wants to have sex with me all the time anyway. :lol: If I ever find out if this actually works for reals, though, I'll come back and edit this and let you know. It smells like ylang ylang, though, and I like that, so I could see myself wearing it for sexy time just for the hell of it...

My one word review: ylang. :P

Imp: Gardenia? Jasmine? It's a very familiar scent.

Wet: I think this is gardenia. The very strong, aggressive gardenia I get from Lady of Shallot and Sacred Whore. Maybe some ylang ylang although I am not a fan of ylang ylang so I don't really know the smell of it right off the bat. Definitely floral, however.

Dry: Gardenia. Gardenia and I have a complex relationship and there's usually a 50/50 chance I'll wind up smelling like bananas. This is one of those times. Bananas = no seducing for me.

Throw: Astronomical.

Overall: If I actually wanted to seduce someone at this point in time this would probably be a bit more disappointing.

Theres something just off in this on my skin.

I love both jasmine and ylang ylang which Ive heard mention.. Im definately smelling ylang ylang...

But I get something in the background that smells like stale pee and I just cant get around it.

Im thinking my chem. might be momentarily messed up, Trying it again later.

Ylang ylang? I have no idea what it smells like. I keep seeing it listed on perfumes and shampoos and lotions... and never have a clue what's going on. In this I smelled rose, and other light florals. I didn't detect any jasmine, as I tend to hunt for it and scream about how much I hate it. ^^; But it was a soft floral, kind of nice.

But then three hours later the entire scent is just gone. Before it poofed, it turned slightly sweet on me, and smelled a bit like children's perfume. Like, cheap, simple stuff. I dunno. It was nice before then, though.

At first application until the near-death of the scent, it really is sensual to me. It's soft, womanly (I assumed it would be more girly, being so floral, but this is somehow adult), and not hussy-style seduction. More of a true love kind of seduction. Really pretty, until it fizzled out on me. There must be some base note that didn't sit well... such a pity.

Ylang ylang and... jasmine? This is Ginbane! Instant headache. :(

I'm just commenting on the actual scent at this time. I'm getting lots of spicy jasmine, honey, and maybe a touch of rose. Normally, the lab's jasmine bothers me, but this smells sensual and slinky. I'm getting a wee bit of a headache on sniffing, which has never happened before, and some sensitivity where I applied the oil, which hasn't happened to me before. I think I'll use this evenually, on someone I want to seduce, just to see if it works.

My decant of this is pretty old, and my Seduction ages well!

This scent will be pretty predictable to anyone familiar with BPAL's seductive scents. While typical, it is beautifully simple and well balanced, and it's this simplicity that's making me love it. All of the notes are on pretty even keel at first, but it becomes more floral as it dries.

Wet, it's soft, peppery patchouli, dragon's blood, and/or red musk. It's not very musky, but it has a distinct powerful, red-fruit type aroma. As it dries, I can smell ylang ylang, voluptuous rose, and sweet jasmine. (The jasmine here is definitely the rich "cat pee" type, for those that don't like jasmine.)

After a little while, I don't really notice any patchouli. I SWEAR it's there at first, though. We'll see if it comes back later.

This scent is lovely, if you're a fan of blends such as Sacred Whore of Babylon, Unheavenly City, Spellbound or Lust.

It is said that Ylang is the poor man's jasmine... Seduction smells like skin that has been caressed in thousands of petals. Not much throw, it reels people in instead of announcing itself from a distance, it's sunny and exotic, a little musky and breezy. On me, it's the "unperfume": it does not suggest added fragrance or artifice of any kind, it's an olfactory question mark. And when there's a question, someone is bound to follow and try to discover the answer. That, I think, is the beauty of Seduction.

Kinda smells like floral bubblegum. Some heady flower that disagrees with me (either jasmine or something that is too jasminey for my liking), plus something like lotus.

Sadly doesn't work for me.