BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Seduction

<span style='font-family:Georgia'><span style='color:Purple'>

Passion, sensuality, romance, sexual sensitivity.

First Impression: Seduction indeed.

Second Impression: Ylang ylang in it's most perfect form. This is sexy and sensual but without smelling like sex. It's not O or La Petit Mort in any way, shape or form. This scent has wrapped me in the feeling of excitement of the whole time building up to the sex act, but not the act itself. There is something lightly citrusy and faintly incensy along with the ylang. Good, good, good.

Final Analysis: It's a shame that Bunny is away because this has turned me from a grouch into a WOMAN! Wow.</span></span>

Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: I think Andra hit this one on the nose with the ylang ylang. That is all I can detect initially here!

On my skin: I am ylang-ylang, hear me roar! :P Well, not really that loudly, but ylang ylang does tend to shout its presence on my skin.

Drydown: As it dries, Seduction mellows from the initial hit of powdery sweet ylang ylang, and the hints of citrus and incense that Andra mentioned make themselves much more obvious from their perch in the crook of my elbow. It is much more cohesive now,

Overall: This scent really does say, "Come closer and let me...*inhales deeply*...smell you...*inhales again*....my darling..." It is nowhere near as in-your-face and upfront with its sexual nature as the actual perfumes intended for seduction, which makes sense given its aromatherapy orientation. So, it is "quieter", if you could call it that, but still very sexy: it is the sweetness of warming skin and the spice of anticipation. Heaven.

Ylang ylang. All I smell is ylang ylang. Seduction is a very sweet, feminine floral, and one of the very few florals I've smelled that I actually like, partially because it's not "headachy perfumey" as most florals tend to be on me, nor are the floral notes amplified a millionfold on my skin.

If this scent were a color, it would be a cornflower blue-- it's quietly seductive. Seductive in a very period-piece kind of way-- all that is beautiful about passing secret signals and smiling hidden smiles before giving into those feelings. The lingering scent on a love note at twilight-- this would make an excellent scent for perfuming such letters. It begins cool, like a shock of fresh water, and then fading to the sweet wistfulness of dried flowers pressed between cream-colored pages. Very, very pretty.

Edited by sihaya09

Undeniably ylang ylang! I like ylang ylang in blends but it's always been a bit overwhelming as a dominant note...still, this is for aromatherapy, not casual wearing. In blends like Tisiphone it is somewhat muted and softened but it is very strong here -- it brings to mind a very strong impression of a yellow-orange color for me, or a soft earth color, something radiant and softly glowing, like damp skin by candlelight or heady blossoms lolling their heads in the heat of summer.

I think this would also work best in an oil burner to create atmosphere for me, personally, as ylang ylang can become an almost chemical smell if I use too much on my skin, and this has a lot of throw. It's simmering, sultry, and actually feels warm on my skin -- if ylang ylang is a fragrance that works on you, I'd say this would make a good sensual massage oil as well, diluted in a carrier oil.

I kind of feel like lying down and waiting for someone to come along and kiss me all over....

The plan was to try out Seduction on my skin today, with the intention of luring The Boy into bed...

...but we ended up running an errand with me sitting in the back of the car, not being close to him at all. He couldn't smell me, so mission failed. I'll have to try this out again during a time when he can actually smell me, so that Seduction can work its magic.

Upon application: :P Strong and thick florals! Swelling, pulsating...not girly, but womanly.

Drying: Okay, this is calming down a bit. Not so heady, but still very floral.

Dry: Smells like sticking your nose into a flower full of pollen. Maybe this is what butterflies and bees smell when they're fluttering and buzzing about. :D All I can think of when I smell this is pollen! There is also something sort of smoky or spicy in the background that makes me think of either Come to Me or Love Me -- it's been a while since I've tried those blends, though.

Later: Just a breath of powdery florals left -- Seduction doesn't have the intensity that I was smelling before.

Impressions: Well, I don't know if this really put me "in the mood," and I still need to try this out on The Boy. Seduction is pretty, just for wearing. It's sophisticated, not slutty. I'll have to try using it as a room scent, somehow, to see if I like it more as just a scent instead of smelling it on my own skin.

I couldn't detect any of the notes in this, but it must be ylang ylang and some florals, however, it is very understated and pretty. The Panacea blends are all very unique. This was no exception. I really like the scent, although it's not one that I'd wear often.

I agree that this is a very pretty ylang-ylang, understated and soft. The name refers not to what people usually think of as seduction, but a more natural sort of seduction; not enticement, but natural, healthy attraction. Not my kind of scent, but I give it a :P

mmm this is my favorite so far!! Its sweet tunisian jasmine/ylang ylang and I'm not sure what else. It is devine, has a bit of throw and I love the sweetness, it almost makes me think there is a touch of lotus in it!

:P

Initial Sniff: Ylang-ylang.

Wearing: This is a beautiful ylang-ylang scent - I really can't pick out any other notes. It is soft and slightly sweet. As it dries, a soft spice comes out as well. This is very sensual in an understated way.

Final Impressions: I thought that I didn't like ylang-ylang, but I was mistaken. This is perhaps my favorite of the Panacea blends.

I clearly am leaving with an entirely different impression than everyone else about this one. My nose just must be broken.. really.. because...

In the bottle: Ylang Ylang. Beautiful, heady ylang ylang. Sweet, and smelling of the tropics. Perhaps a sweet Hawaiian girl is getting ready to go on a date to seduce and be seduced by a newly met prince charming.

On my skin: The ylang ylang is singing on my skin, lovely and dominant. Her prince charming wines her, and dines her, and they spend the night smelling the warm, lush tropical blooms while they roll around in the sand. There's something.. strange in paradise, mind you. It lurks way, way down below the surface, though, so everything seems safe.

20 minutes: :P Huh? :D Clearly, this is a rather rude awakening to my olfactory journey. I smell musk... strong, tangy musk.. maybe even civet. This isn't the ambered musk of O, the translucent floral-fruit musks of BPAL's Snow Queen or Narciso Rodriguez... this is... the sharp, acrid civet-musk scent that takes center stage in Czernobog and many of the wine notes.

:D Oh sweet Hawaiian lover, say it isn't so! Have you been abandoned? It would seem our Casanova left her to fend for a child herself, and she's a little too busy working on paying the rent to keep the little one in diapers. She struggles with her beautiful ylang ylang perfume to create the life that she once had, but it is of little use -- dirty, smelly diapers seems to dominate the air around her now.

Dry down: Fear not, fair maiden, for just as I have scrubbed this stuff from my wrist until the skin is bright red, you too may scrub the past away from you. Raise your child well, find love again, claim a different fragrance, and above all else, I said ABOVE ALL ELSE invest in a good ventilation system to get that awful dirty diaper-slash-urine smell out of here. You shall live happily ever yet, which is more than I can say about me and my new bottle of "seduction".

Edited by loveandprozak

In bottle: Mmm, ylang ylang. Since ylang ylang is in two of the Sensuality blends at Bath & Body Works, I figured there was a 99.9% chance of those blossoms being in this blend. It almost smells a bit tangy, like ylang ylang floating in 7-Up. There's hints of a lime citrus causing that, I think.

On me: Near-pure ylang ylang, with hints of something fruity-dusty...almost like coconut. Gorgeous! And unlike many ylang ylang-containing fragrances, this isn't going putrid on me. Grand.

Yep... ylang ylang, like everyone else says. :D

As I was just testing this at work today, I can't speak to its effectiveness (I have no cute coworkers to seduce... pity me). I know ylang ylang is a traditional love blend ingredient, but I just don't quite... get it. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and sweet, very feminine.

But seduction? I think of that as being a bit musky, smokey... sultry and dangerous. On me, this is a light and innocent floral blend - but who knows, I'll have to try it out around more desireable company. :P It's been amusing to track what I find sexy on myself vs. what my guy friends find sexy on my skin - so I'm definitely not ruling this out as a seduction scent just yet.

Edited by coulrophobe

Seduction is definitely not singing on my skin. I think that it's screeching, actually, so I suspect the presence of jasmine as Nadirah suggested in her review. As Seduction dries down, the evil jasmine dissipates and allows the ylang ylang note to come through. But this only happens for a short time, as a somewhat sharp green note then pushes out the ylang ylang.

There are a lot of BPALs that are seduction personified for me, but this is not one of them, unfortunately.

I definitely get the ylang ylang. Someone mentioned jasmine, and while I cannot specifically pick out that note, its presence would explain why I put this on before bed and woke up with a headache.

I am not having much luck with the Panacea blends...

Wet - if this is ylang ylang, it's the loveliest ylang ylang ever. I like ylang ylang, but it tends to go either too sweet or dusty on me. This is rich and scrumptious. Whatever else that's in here with it is propping it up, giving it depth.

Dry - no real change once it dries down. My husband, who is usually pretty oblivious to what I am wearing, did come and ask me what I was wearing, but not because he liked it, but because he thought it smelled like nail polish remover. So much for seduction!

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

So this is what ylang ylang smells like then? Wet on me it's very pretty, sweet, but sharp as well. As it dries I can see why this could be described as a skin scent. And then ... I'm sorry, but I don't find ashes particularly seductive. Something in my skin chemistry spoils this totally :P , I suppose it was something I wasn't likely to be wearing a lot anyway, but I'm still quite saddened.

Ylang ylang and a touch of something a little spicey, maybe Jasmine, as this starts. It's an almost too sweet medicinal smell while wet, but that's pretty typical for ylang ylang on my skin. This dries into a gorgeous soft, spicey smell with just a touch of soft floral, not white or overpowering, more like wilting flowers in summer heat. Utterly feminine and gorgeous, a soft musk starts to come in as this wears on making it incredibly sexy.

Love this one, definite keeper.

First sniff: Floral, oh my yes – Seduction reminds me quite a bit of Wicked, because the primary notes seem to be rose and jasmine, but there’s a lot more going on in this one… just beneath the surface of slightly powdery flowers, this scent smoulders.

Wearing: There’s one note in here that’s a little bit “off” to my nose right when this is applied… not sure what it is. But overall, Seduction is a much fresher floral than I expected, less powdery on my skin. Very pretty.

at first: i'm smelling a single, sweet flower.

on: lovely. still that one flower. very beautiful.

half an hour later: i think that this is ylang ylang. it's lovely.

1.5 hours later: softer, but still beautiful.

overall: this is just gorgeous. simple, but gorgeous.

Ah, Seduction. I put this on with my husband in the room. A moment later he wrinkles his nose and says, "What is that?"

"You don't like my new perfume?" I inquire.

"It smells like industrial hand soap!"

Sigh.

I wasn't sure what ylang ylang smelled like, but I did know this smell and so I guess this is it. It does have a citrusy overtone or perhaps other florals, but it is STRONG. It reminded me a little bit of bug spray, I have to say. Sharp and clean, with an undertone that I can only describe as "funny"; as someone else said, it smelled kind of off. I know that's exactly how the oil is supposed to smell, it just isn't right for me.

Mr. U. did make googly eyes at me later, it is true. So the oil may have worked, and I know it's about aromatherapy and not necessarily how you feel about the scent, but man. It didn't make me feel particularly sexy, and it hurt my sinuses.

I washed it off and put on O later, and that made me think that small amounts of seduction might layer well with other perfumes--Seduction + O could be really powerful! But Mr. U fell asleep, so I guess I'm not finding out tonight, heh.

In the bottle

Ooh, nice. wink.gif

It's floral and has ylang ylang and similar to "The Lovers" maybe?

On

Jasmine. Jasmine is primary. There must be other notes in here but I can't tell what they are.

30 minutes

This doesn't morph at all, it stays a true sensual jasmine and possible ylang ylang blend.

Throw:

more than average

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It's a medium strong jasmine blend. This is a Panacea aromatherapy blend that is dead on. It's exactly what it says. The best way to smell it is to just take a big breath of it.

Fans of Lush's "Flying Fox" would go nuts for this blend.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

This is the first Panacea that I really like.

At first, yup, it's all about ylang-ylang. But then it deepens, darkens, and turns into a radiantly sexual scent - musky and resiny on me. I think there may be a slight touch of jasmine in there, but my skin doesn't pay all that much attention to jasmine (thank goodness), so it was very faint. Overall, a very warm and sexy blend.

My Impression:

This lovely Ylang-ylang scent has a good throw and I don't know if it is Jasmine but I detect another floral element to it as well. It certainly is lovely and warm.

I can definitely see where this could invoke errotic dreams.

Ylang ylang smells very golden, warm, and herbal on me. I can definitely see where it might be part of this blend. But, on my skin, Seduction smells like it has a lot of jasmine in it. I'm not sure if I'm insane or if my skin is just once again amping up the jasmine or what.

This didn't do much to seduce me or the boy. Actually, it made me very grouchy because the smoky florals started giving me a headache. Then I started snapping at the boy and... well, it had the opposite of seduction going on, lol. The boy's opinion on this one was to tell me that, "You don't smell like you."

Yeah. I am not a girl who does well with florals.

wet: paperwhites, jasmine, and banana. yes, banana. a delectable combination, i might add! it makes me drool (perhaps that's the intended effect of a fragrance called 'seduction'?) and also makes me hungry.

later: the florals are coming out stronger now, with a powdery background. the banana note is morphing into a floral scent i'm not familiar with.

woah. this one fades very quickly. about 20 minutes after dabbing some on my wrists and neck, i smell only occassional wafts of florals.

this should be called, "i'll seduce you with my innocent beauty," it's so light and playful.