BPAL Madness!
ipb

Quietude

Peace, serenity, tranquility, silence.

herby, almost "green" lavender with a bit of a citrus edge - it didn't really work for me, scent-wise or in terms of its purpose

I will, however, give it another go next time I have a headache. It seems like it could work for that.

I get the same lavender and lime that almost everyone does, but something is "off" in the background. My nose kept saying "Shellfish?" Thankfully whatever I was interpreting as shellfish dried away in a half hour or so, but it's enough to keep me from picking up a whole bottle of this.

In the bottle: Colourless clear oil. Sweet, herbal, slightly medicinal and citrusy. Lavender, melissa, eucalyptus or tea tree oil.

Wet: Even more herbal-medicinal-mentholic. It's strong tea tree. The lavender is lovely, the same as in Yvaine, though it's overwhelmed. Thyme, too.

Dry: The TT is backing off a bit, and the melissa amping. Something else sort of fresh and aquatic, too - lettuce or cucumber? - emerging. Lavender holding.

Later: Uhh...where are you? Massively faded. Melissa and lavender primarily And that fresh, soothing note is chamomile, I think.

Summary: Blue lavender, chamomile and melissa with faint wisps of thyme. Clean, soothing and herbal. Decent throw but fades to virtually nothing within an hour.

I like how it morphs, but the staying power is just pathetic. Maybe useful for headaches, as a short-term remedy?

Citrus, at first. Then comes a cool breeze of lavender to tone it down some. The citrus is lime I think. The lime keeps the lavender from taking over.

Maybe it was the power of suggestion, but it does seem to calm me down when I'm feeling stressed. I think I will try it for a headache next

In the vial - Lavender & chamomile.

On the skin - Absolutely soothing. Put this on before I went to bed.

Dry - Fades to a faint lavender overnight…

Edited by Dralore

Definitely goes on with a citrus pop, so it's surprisingly refreshing for a scent called 'Quietude'. It's got a slightly metallic edge to it which I'm guessing is the lavender. It has some strong throw. It is soothing without being sleep-inducing. This could be a nice one to wear when I have to teach a noisy kindy class, actually.

Andra said, "Lavender, but not" and that's my reaction to it, too. I get lavender and lime which sounds weird but is actually really nice. I'm not much of a lavender fan, but this is a good lavender blend. (Maybe it helps that I *love* lime!)

I get a whole different deal from this I think. The initial scent, as in 2 seconds max I cannot place, but then it is totally kewra, stays the same til morning (I put this on for bed). I love it. I also put some on my littlest's pj's one eve as I suspected a tough night ahead and she just randomly says later, I feel peaceful. I think it works :D

Kewra is used in the flavouring of Indian sweets if you have never heard of it, but have tasted those, they are what this oil smells of.

Lavender and heavy floral, very much like Somnus, only with less floral. Whereas I find Somnus floral heavy with a bit of lavender, this is lavender heavy with a bit of heady floral. I love lavender in any shape or form, so this is a winner, though I'll probably use this for it's intended use rather than any old time.

Quietude starts out with a nice lavender backed by a hint of citrus.

Unfortunately, the dry down leaves me with a somewhat stale/flat smelling lavender.

There are better choices for my lavender fix.