BPAL Madness!

A sinister, sinuous incense of summoning, a herald and paean to the Primordial Gods of Darkness, Chaos, Madness and Decay.

This is more like what I expected Aureus to smell like (which I'm testing on my other wrist). It reminds me of Bastet, that warm buttery amber and almond feel. So what some people have described as molasses or coconut I'm reading as amber and sweet almond. I like it -- it's very comforting. No throw but a skin scent for my own well being.

someone above said "sugared incense" and that is the perfect description of this one, although i would add "creamy" to that as well. there must be some lovely sandalwood in this blend. mmmm i love this one. and so does my kid as she made off with my imp :biggrin:

Interesting.Very interesting. This is a truly mysterious blend - it keeps reminding me of other scents, but it shifts so much that it's pull out any one note to identify it overall. I think I can smell some of Scarecrow's oil and dried grass, some of Bastet's deep saffron, and the deep almond of Salome. There's a strange but not unpleasant playdoh note as well.

It's a surprisingly attractive and sweet, not at all what I was expecting from the description.

In the imp I get a vaguely sweet sharpness [i'm still getting my note awareness back]

Wet on the skin: ...nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's actually disconcerting.

Dry: I eventually I get something like the long dry down of a floral incense with a smoke note. If I try I get the maple note, but it's the way sap smells when being boiled.

Either I'm completely nose blind to this one or my meds are doing it no favors.

On me, Al Azif is a light floral scented incense that vaguely reminds me of sun screen lotion. While I usually domt like the scent of sunscreen, I find this scent oddly comforting. This isn't a scent that would go In my wheelhouse, so I domt think I'll buy a a full bottle. I will enjoy the imp while it lasts, hopefully on a more warm and sunny day!