BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

At first: Heavy rose, slightly powdery, with a hint of something else...smells a tad fruity? Sweet? Maybe that's the honey...

Drydown: Oooo that apple blossom is coming out! And the honey calms down!

Eve can be overpowering at first--very bold and heavy, but the drydown is exquisite, when the rose shares center stage with its mellower notes :P

This is a beautiful crisp scent. The rose is light in this, what I smell the most is the honey apples with the ylang ylang giving it a fresh bitten feel to it. I LOVE THIS and I think I will possibly buy a 10 ml because it could be used on my skin, in my car and in an oil diffuser. I am very happy with this one!

:D

:P

this one was definitely floral, but the honey helps it to not be so in your face as some other floral blends are. i liked it, but one of my friends fell in love with it. so i gave it to her, after turning it into a solid perfume. she took it to school, and just about everyone liked it. it's a cooler smelling floral (to me), but the honey helps it be just a tad bit warm.

it's like being sad on a cool night and the guy who just broke your heart puts his warm jacket around your shoulders to keep you from shivering.

at first, i mostly smelled the honey and apples... yay! but as it dried, the florals really started to come through. thankfully, the heavy floral mellowed and it smelled like honey, apples, and rose. it's pretty, but i'm not sure if i'll wear it much.

This one could not have disagreed with me more;

imp: musky but fruity rose

Wet- very chemical-like and even metallic. So sharp to the point that it started to give me a headache.

After 10 minutes- the ylang-ylang and honey distinguished themselves but had a very chemical smoky sourness on me (which didn't smell fruity at all)

After one hour- the sourness gave way to a soft spiciness with a tinge of sweetness from the apple blossom and rose (which were definitely masked before by the honey)

A few hours later- ylang-ylang smelled more natural and blended; a softly spicy and woody honey was the end result with no floral whatsoever

Conclusion- too chaotic a scent for me--the honey and ylang ylang were totally amped on my skin, and I barely got any rose from it :-(

I would swap it, but then again, I tried it at least 4 times this month just to be sure that my chemistry wasn't being wacky (which, by the way, had the same sharp initial reaction to Queen of Sheba, which leads me to believe it's the honey)

Edited by gravity_always_wins

Eve is such a complex scent, and nothing like any of the other BPAL I've tried. Apple-y without being fruity. Slightly sweet, with a predominant honey and almost amber scent (maybe that’s the ylang ylang). Sexy and feminine, but subdued. I don't get much of a floral note. I think this would be a good one to recommend to any friends or relatives.

(And in the borderline TMI department, when I tried Eve I put some in my cleavage and it apparently got on my bra, so when I wore the bra again, the echo of Eve that I got was just so lovely.)

At first Eve is very bitter on me -- more like an Eve pissed off about her exile than an Eve enjoying the innocent delights of Eden. I wonder where the bitter is coming from? But on drydown it becomes very green, like fresh grass – this smells something like the description of Amsterdam (haven’t actually smelled Amsterdam yet, but have some on its way). A little later it warms up a bit and I can smell something light and floral – rose, must be, but a very gentle rose. It really is lovely, but fades very quickly, so it seems like I only get maybe half an hour of that great early spring garden smell. Shoot. I will probably keep the imp, but will have to reapply so many times that I will probably run out of it soon. It’s too bad. If this scent were a little stronger and longer lasting, I think it would be a favorite.

Edited by lokelani

I was in love with the scent from the moment I caught the first whiff of it.

The most noticeable scents are the honey and ylang ylang, and it stays true on me pretty much the whole way through. This is definitely Eve before the fall -- innocent, beautiful, carefree, feminine. I'm glad I got a big bottle of this without waiting to try the imp, it is absolutely gorgeous.

In Bottle: Very rosey… wow!

On Skin: Well, I’m not fond of rose scents at all… but I love apple blossom and honey so I thought I’d give this one a chance. The rose is soooooooo strong. I am hoping it will fade. There is a beautiful slight note of apple blossom in the background as well as the ylang ylang. But I don’t smell any honey yet but I’m patiently waiting.

in the bottle: sweet apple rose

wet: first rose, then sweetness which I can ID as apple, a touch of honey and something else that is floral but not rose, which I suspect is the ylang ylang

drying/5 minutes: sweet foral. the apple is harder to distinguish now, alas!

dry/25 minutes: yum, just getting sweetish rose now. Nice for what it is, not as much apple.

First reaction: apples! complicated apples! Like several kinds of apples mixed with a hint of wine.

Later: Okay, mostly apple & rose. With a hint of "perfume" which I guess is the Ylang Ylang. Nice enough. I think it was more interesting while wet, even though I like it better dry. If that makes any sense. :P

In the imp: Roses.

Wet: Roses, still.

Drydown: The honey and ylang ylang come out. I get whiffs of the apple blossoms from time to time, but it's drowned out by the roses. The roses that, unfortunately, turn to powder.

Final thoughts: Boo, powder. Off to swaps.

eve.jpg

Everything that everyone else has said is true. Exquisite rose is what I mostly read, I am not so familiar with apple blossom that I could pick it out but none of the "sweet" parts of this scent are stomach turning. It is an exceptionally elegant sophisticated perfume which belongs on bare skin.

Eve would not be out of place anywhere, doing daily chores or on an expensive dinner date. She is sexy and to be taken seriously all at once. I would say that this is a versatile all around scent. I would consider this a "backbone of my scent wardrobe" purchase. I imagine that you could layer nicely with it as well as enjoy it for itself alone.

Icon is an image of Eve which is usually overlooked on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It is in the portion where God famously creates Adam and their fingers almost touch. Many people don't know that Eve is in the scene, hugged in the right arm of God. She has not been created yet and her soul is an honorary part of the celestial band.

Origin - Sampled at Black Broom

Wet - Roses! This is an absolutely gorgeous light floral.

Dry - I never get the apple blosson and honey, which are the ingredients I was most looking forward to. It's all roses and ylang ylang. Quite lovely, and I might buy a big bottle some day, but I wish the apple blossom and honey notes were more prominent.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Mmm. Apples, rose and honey. I can’t pick out the ylang ylang, but it’s just as well. Absolutely lovely.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Bitter.

In the imp/bottle: Bitter apple, heavy rose and thick honey.

On skin, wet: This hits my skin and everything but the ylang-ylang dies. Strong, thick, dry ylang-ylang.

On skin, dry: No change. This reeks of sour, bitter ylang-ylang. I washed it off after about three hours, and it was still going strong.

Conclusion: Definitely not me; this doesn't smell "old lady-ish" to me, but it's just not my thing.

Edited by Aredhel

Eve

This imp has gotten more chances than most. Now that I think of it, the past few times I've tried it, I've had my period. Maybe that's part of it. This is Eve's last chance with me and then it will be off to the swap box for her. It is actually not bad right now. I'm not getting that hairspray scent that I've been getting everytime I've tried Eve before this. Its a nice light floral that seems to have a rose-y overtone. The hairspray and other odd notes I used to get with this are gone, but the powdery floral drydown is the same. As much as I might want to like this one... I don't think I'm going to get past the other bad experiences with it. Off to swap pile.

I think I can pretty much sum up Eve as: OMFGOMFGOMFG!!!

:P Beth :D

And fellow Labbies? :D

The apple blossom mellows and deepens the rose, which might otherwise be too high and heady (I think it's tea rose in here).

Then the ylang ylang and the honey kick in, and I am in a field where roses and apples are blossoming at the same time, and it's the height of summer on a warm, moist day, and my whole future is ahead of me in a roseat eglow where nothing bad can ever happen. :D

One 10ml is not enough. :D

Oro, going emoticon crazy (it won't happen again)

Edited by Orodemniades

At first, it's apple blossom, with a hint of rose. Normally, I can smell rose a mile away, but I think it's the honey that's making the rose less apparent. Rose is always sweet to me, but the honey makes the sweetness seem more ambiguous. Still, the first few hours, I'm not so big on this, because of the rose. However, after several hours, it's in the "settled into my skin and I can barely smell it" stage, and it's quite lovely. The rose is barely there, and the honey's playing with the apple blossom, making this a nice, skin scent.

In the bottle --- I can smell both the multitude of roses (yow! That's rosey!) and

the honey...

On my skin --- Mostly I smell the roses :D It's a very refreshing, youthful scent

and it seems to last very well during the day for me. Definitely a pure, happy

smell. I think this might be one I get a larger bottle of. :P

I was very pleasantly surprised by this scent. I bought an imp largely because of the name, and wasn't expecting much. But this was delightful...all honey and roses for me. Maybe with just a hint of apple blossom that wafts up to my nose now and then. Lovely, and a big bottle purchase :P

ETA: Gets lovelier and lovelier the more I wear it. And the apple blossom comes out a long stronger with age, too. A beautiful, sexy-yet-innocent scent.

Edited by Scarlettfish

First Impression: Hyacinth - then, gardenia and jasmine, perhaps, - with something green underneath it all.

Dries down to: A floral blend with something dry and green under it. The image I get is of a garden wall made of rock with moss and flowers growing out of the crevices. After about 1/2 an hour, I get a faint hint of the rose and the other notes have blended with it into a light and lovely floral scent showcasing the rose softly.

Additional comments: Boy, did I ever get this one wrong. What I thought was hyacinth was actually the apple blossom. I think it's the honey that's skewing everything for me. I don't usually like honey, but it seems to work in this blend, toning down the florals without becoming sweet at all. I noticed a lot of people either got or expected to get apple out it - I got the apple blossom but never any apple (the fruit) - and, since apple isn't in the description, this confused me.

Lasted: About 1-1/2 hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Bottle (Imp): Hmm. Very well blended, and I can't pick out any notes. A bit sweet, a tiny bit tart, and somewhat smooth.

Just On: Maybe the sweetness and smoothness is honey?

An hour or two later: Wahhhh. Soap! My skin has turned this to soap!

Around 6 hours: Sweet soap. My skin wrecks some of the best scents.

12 hours: It's quite faded, but still soapy.

Overall: Again, I find that flowers just don't work so well except in special cases.

After reading other reviews: Not much to say. It's soap because of my skin. I never got apple from it at all.

In bottle: I have been dying to try this. All apple blossoms and honey...it smells soooo good.

Wet: very sweet, but florally and not foody. I'm not sure how to describe it. It smells like apples and honey. The ylang ylang is very faint and the rose keeps it from being too foody.

Dry: More ylang ylang...the rose comes out more, almost powdery. After a bit, the rose is still pretty strong, but I can smells the other notes in the background. I really like it.

Later, I layered this with Skuld and it was lovely. The powdery-ness of the rose was toned down and the extra shot of honey brings out the apple blossom more. I love it love it love it!!!!

I just tried the imp of Eve that I got a while ago.

In the imp I smelled the rose, and the honey scent and I thought yummy! But then on my skin, all I could smell was the ylang ylang smell, which reminds me faintly of soap or hand lotion. Unless it changes significantly as it dries, I don't think I'm going to like it. This one is going in the swap pile.

Edited to add: The soapy smell faded to something pretty and sweet, the apple blossom maybe, but not until the scent was almost gone entirely. So yeah away it goes.

Edited by HoneyHoneyNY