BPAL Madness!

The spirit of temptation, the essence of lost innocence. Apple blossom, rose, ylang ylang and golden honey.

In bottle: So crisp! I smell apple blossom and rose drizzled in honey.

On me: Unfortunately the crispness of the apple blossom fades to the furthest background and the strength of the rose increases tenfold. The ylang ylang appears as the oil dries. The honey is at the very fringes, sweetening, but it never becomes a strong player in the scent. After an hour the rose remains the strongest and the other notes have faded completely into the background.

In the vial: Honey.

On me: At first, fresh apple blossom, like in Baobhan Sith, only stronger. The rose backs it up. Really like this phase.

Later, rose begins to dominate and I think the ylang-ylang makes it sweeter/heavier, which I don't so much like.

Eve is a sunny, golden, morning rose garden scent. I like it, and I like the apple blossom note a lot, but the rose gets stronger/sweeter as it dries and ends up a bit too strong for me.

Wet, this was briefly a strong floral soap on me, but that passed. Drying, it was similar to Persephone with both fruit and rose balancing each other. I actually did a sniff test. Persephone is fruitier on me and Eve is sweeter.

This felt very springlike - bright and intense. As it dried it mellowed, becoming more powdery. It reminded me of playing in the petals of our apple tree and wild rose bush as a very young girl, which I had not thought about in a long time.

Falathwen

First response: Rose! Strong!

This is a sweet rose, luxurious with the ylang ylang behind it, but I cannot detect apple on me. It has a very long staying power. On the dry down there's less rose pulling me at collar, and I can get the honey. Another one I really love.

I don't get apple either but Ylang Ylang and Roses. The honey came out to play after a little bit but this was mostly ylang ylang on me. It's a nice light girly floral scent that lasted at least 4-5 hours on me.

Kimberly

The predominant notes on me are ylang-ylang and honey - a very sweet floral blend. I can also smell the rose, and rose is a note that often disappears on my skin, so I imagine it might be ultra-rose on other people.

I have to admit that I'm not really into florals, so for me Eve is pleasant but not interesting.

Eve:

In the bottle, has a fruity scent at first sniff that covers a rose/floral note I can't quite picture. It's very sweet and delicate, almost demure.

Wet, this becomes considerably more rosey on me, and like most rose scents I'm tempted to just wash it off. But I'm going to give it a go.

For a while, this tries to be more fruity, but the rose scent returns. I can't quite get a feel for this one, and that troubles me. There's a nakedness to this scent also .. it reminds me in a way of being naked in a rainstorm (Don't ask me how I know) but not in the way the rain smells, but rather the way a body smells in the rain.

Eve could be the temptress for some, but not for my skin, sadly. It overwhelmingly took up the apple blossom note and warped it into 1970s apple soap (I was back standing in my grandparents’ bathroom with their Avon guest soaps). Sadly, Eve’s apple was just too tart for my nose.

Eve

is completely gorgeous, in a light, bright , sweet and sour way. The honey really tempers the brightness of the apple, and the ylang-ylang gives it a lovely depth.

I am usually quite fond of the rose+apple combination, as in Delirium for instance. I had high hopes for Eve from the description, since honey is another note that usually works quite well on me.

Unfortunately, the note that ended up overpowering the other ones was the ylang-ylang, imparting it a little too much sweetness for my personal taste.

Eve is a joyful, innocent, juvenile rose blend that is pretty, but not as outstanding as others. I swapped this one.

Oh...a beautiful, true floral combination. The apple blossom and rose come out strong and thick, and they don't turn soapy or too cloying. The combination stays fresh; you can almost imagine putting your face up to a bouquet. I had multiple people who thought it smelled like lilac, though that's not one of the ingredients.

I don't wear too many standard florals, however, so it was fortunate that a friend of mine ended up loving the imp and buying it off of me. It will get the usage and exposure it so deserves.

Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind, or maybe I'm just having a 'weird skin' day.

Eve is basically all sweet musk oil on me. I don't see musk in the notes, but that's how this enfolded on my skin. Perhaps it's the ylang ylang.

I do get just a touch of the apple and honey, but just a whisper. By the time the scent has dried down, it's a sweet floral musk.

I would have adored smelling the green apple in this, as others have here, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

That being said, I liked the sophisticated calmness of this blend.

Vial: Sweet rose

Wet: Wow! It bursts into a powerful, wild rose - it reminds me of an old scent that B&BW used to have that was, fittingly, called Wild Rose. The Wild Rose was always more tempestuous and exciting than their other rose scents.

Overall: The rose stays, but it quickly becomes over powered by something ... I can't describe it. I've encountered this before and I think it's the ylang ylang - which on my skin is a sharp, weird sort of polluted twang. I do believe my body chemistry just killed this for me. Which is sad-I enjoyed the first burst of it so.

Eve isn't a very rosey scent on me. The apple blossom comes out the strongest. I usually like scents that are sweeter, but I think I'll keep this one. I'd recommend it for someone who likes Ophelia, and think it would be interesting to try layered with O.

Sweet tea rose seems to be the predominant note for a long while. This drys down into something a little more complex, apple blossom and honey sweetening and smoothing this. I never got much of the ylang ylang. This is a gorgeous, feminine, blend, floral and pretty and very rosey. Beth certainly has a way with roses!

First Sniff: Hmmm, it's surprisingly stronger than I thought it would be. Very very rosy and fresh. . . almost like a little girl's perfume.

Wet: Hmmm, it's softened a little bit, but I can still mostly smell the rose. . .though there is something a bit more delicate about it now. I can't really decide if I like it or not.

Dry: I like Eve, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. . .I got it in hopes of having an apple-y blend. . . but this is a nice surprise of an oil, as it dried it got a bit more grown up on me. . .I think I'll use up the imp and then decide if I want a big bottle or not.

Edit

Later On: Aaah, Eve morphed into a powdery headachey mess on me. . .this, I don't think I'll use. :P

Edited by Witch Baby

I'm so in love with Beth's rose scents. This is another lovely one, and yet...I don't know that I'll get a big bottle of this one.

I can't smell the apple blossom; what I *do* smell is a freshly cut tea rose. It's so clean and so *real* I feel like I'm in a garden, which, hey, apropos. But as lovely as it is, it seems to be lacking the complexity of Silentium Amoris, Psyche, or Rakshasa, my three favorite roses. Since I've got bottles of those either now or on the way, I don't think I'll go for Eve. But I'll definitely use up the Imp.

I smelled primarily apple blossom in the imp. Shortly after it hit my skin, it turned into very loud roses. It stayed that way for a long time but eventually a little bit of ylang ylang and just the smallest dab of honey came out, keeping it from being 100% roses.

Overall this is very floral, very light, and very, very feminine.

I would have liked more apple blossom, or just less rose. Seeing as I'm not a fan of florals to begin with, this is not a winner.

I definitely get a strong whiff of apple blossom form this one, as well as a bit of honey and rose. Definitely more fruity than floral, though. I actually had a hard time deciding -not- to keep this, as the apple blossom is such a nice note, but I'm not a floral or pure-fruit type.

-Rae

Eve

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This is the scent of feminism - roses with an undercurrent of sweetness. A little more potent than I’m used to, but I’m certain the potency will dissipate with time.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This, like nearly every BPAL I’ve tried, does tone down considerably. I am surrounded by a veil of sweet roses. This is unlike other rose scents, as the rose is tempered by the other notes. It is not as in-your-face as other rose scents. It is quite lovely – and very feminine.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): There is a thickness wafting up behind the sweet rose. I’m thinking it’s the honey – a sweet, thick honey that surrounds the ylang ylang and apple blossom, which in turn sweeten and dampen the strength of the rose. Oh yeah, feminine at its peak.

The rose seems to morph into a sweet floral – it no longer smells like rose. This is quite an unexpected, yet pleasant surprise. I’ll certainly keep the imp for those times I want to feel feminine.

Pure, soft roses. I don't know what ylang-ylang smells like, but I sure ain't smell no apples. I really liked it, and... it's surprisingly long-lasting. I thought it was fading and put more on, and it apparently was very strong to some people afterwards. Opinions gathered:

--smells like a newborn baby, nice.

--smells nice.

--smells like childhood. (baby powder?)

--baby powder, soapy.

--soapy, enjoyable.

--not so good.

I guess I can see where the baby powder comes from, because that smells somewhat similar to roses. Mainly, just softness. It's good to inhale. I can actually see innocent Eve like this!

This scent is very light and clean smelling. The rose is what I smell the most in this blend. This is another blend that is perfect for daytime wear. It is not overpowering in any sense of the word.

Eve is much happier and more innocent than I had imagined. Fresh, wet tea rose and apple blossom are the prominent notes. If anybody ever wore Tinkerbell's tea rose perfume in childhood, this reminds me of a slightly apple-ier version of that. The fragrance stays bright and true and doesn't change much to my nose, but lasts longer than many florals. It's good for girls or just for young women who feel free and mirthful.

Origin:

Lagniappe from the Lab. :D

First sniff:

Rose is the first thing that jumps out at me when I smell Eve straight out of the bottle, which is surprising since I figured that, given the name, the apple blossom would be the most prominent note. The next thing that I smell is the ylang-ylang and then the honey. So far, this is too floral for my tastes in spite of my love of honey scents, but I'll still give Eve a try. :D

Wet on skin:

Now the apple blossom is the most prominent note, followed by the honey and then the rose and finally the ylang-ylang. I definitely prefer the way Eve smells on my skin to the way it smelled in the bottle, but I still don't think she's for me. Eve is very feminine and innocent smelling...this must be Eve before the Fall. It smells pure and natural somehow. :D

Dry down:

Very soft and almost creamy smelling. If this scent had a color, it would be white. White for clean...white for innocent...white for creamy white flowers brushed with honey. It's actually a beautiful scent, but, unfortunately, it's just not me. I can't seem to do this kind of scent no matter how much I may like it. :P

The bottom line:

Gorgeous but definitely not me, no matter how much I may like it in principle. I just can't pull off this kind of scent, so Eve is going to be finding a new home. :D

Eve - in the bottle it's mostly honey with a touch of floral.

Once on the honey spreads out a bit more evenly and the flowers come through - the apple blossom maybe? About an hour later the rose is very prominent and blends beautifully with the honey. This is sweet and light and yet a tiny bit seductive. A lovely scent that lasts for hours :P