BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Euterpe’s Ukulele

Lilith has always loved music – especially singing – but this year, she started to get serious about it. This photo was taken this past April, while she rehearsed her slow, haunting cover of Riptide.

A scent that smells to me the way Lilith’s voice sounds when she sings that song in her deep, thoughtful, sweet voice: wild plum, shadow oudh, osmanthus, and patchouli.

I know I'm going to love it when Beth throws wild plum into a bottle a resins.

I've had the pleasure of spending a little time with Lilith at the past two DragonCons. Her voice has a unique quality, and Beth nailed it with this scent. High and low, airy, yet purposeful.

In the Bottle:

Patchouli and oudh with a floral backing

On the Skin:

Definitely rich plum at the forefront, briefly, on application and then sweet, smooth patchouli and heavy oudh emerge. Deep, earthy and really luscious. The osmanthus adds a sweet floral undercurrent but intertwines with the other notes seemlessly. The patchouli rears up agan a little later but it is a truly awesome patch - smooth and sweet.

On the Drydown:

Dries down to a whisper of patch and plum. Lovely

Plum, oudh, and osmanthus. So this end up a plummy perfumey white type of floral. Great throw and wear length.

I was worried about the shadow oudh here as I've been burned a couple times by black oudh recently. I should have realized that, being a Lilith, it would be a soft, pretty oudh, nothing to fear. I get very little patchouli in Euterpe's Ukulele. It is mostly sweet plum, soft dark oudh, and a gentle floral that must be osmanthus. My skin eats this up fairly quickly, but I suspect age will help the wear length. Maybe the patchouli will emerge with aging as well.