BPAL Madness!

Smoked agarwood, tobacco absolute, brittle white musk, King mandarin, and neroli.

i don't wanna be first.

i have whatever it is that makes neroli smell like fritos, so i'm always wary of neroli in things making it smell... snacky. but this doesn't have that problem.

i also tend to register white musk as detergent, but again, not in this blend.

there is something creamsicle~ish about it, but in a gorgeous, stylized way.

this is gorgeous. seems incense-y and is really just lovely. i'm not getting a tobacco note, but i figure it is the smoked agarwood that's making me think incense because Aloeswood is my faaaaavourite incense scent. (more than nag champa, even).

honestly i think if there was no white musk in this i'd be obsessing over it. as it is, i think it is gorgeous, though.

*note: i'm on the verge of a migraine and my chemistry is doing some wonky stuff, and i'm not feeling 100%, so i might come back and update with a re-test on a more normal sort of day.

I get tangerine, neroli, a whiff of woods and white musk.

And then this DIES ON ME. Like dies. I get no throw, nothing. If I shove my nose against my wrist, I get whiffs of tobacco and neroli.

*cries*

I'm trying it tonight and I can't stop sniffing myself. It's a sophisticate. A hit of the bitter orange on my skin but the other notes all integrate and are darn amazing the smoke and the musk marry the tobacco - I generally don't like tobacco but it's a like a suggestion of it. The musk comes out on dry down. The orange is rindy and really works. It's gorgeous but the throw is short. Definitely going to need a wand cap or a lotion layer.