BPAL Madness!

On this date, the first wet plate photograph of an eclipse was taken. Shimmering amber, collodion, silver nitrate accord, and white lavender.

Bright, herbal, not-sweet lavender with a bit of the lab's magic-metal-smells over amber. this is big, rich and smooth.

I'd kinda hoped that this would take me back to darkroom days by evoking those lovely funky developer/stop/fixer chemicals but it doesn't smell like them. this is a blessing I think for most people, who might not enjoy that level of chemical funk. :lol:

this is a beautiful perfume, one that I recommend for fans of the lab's lavender scents.

eta, having read the haute macabre review of this, I'll just add that to me/on me, I don't get anything even slightly soapy.

Edited by annemathematics

Silvery lavender, sweet amber and hot metal. This is a very interesting lavender perfume. It's very wearable, very bright, and not somnolent at all. For those of you that are a fan of Lilith's lavender blends, this one may be a match as well. Good throw and wear length.

This reminds me a lot of Waiting but not aquatic. The silver nitrate accord is reminiscent of the asphalt note to me. An interesting, atmospheric cool-toned amber scent. This one has been the most evoking of an eclipse to me, mysterious and obscured is the vibe I get.

In Bottle: Lavender!

Wet: a little soapy, but still Lavender!

Dry: Wow this got sophisticated quick. This is a super clean scent but it is NOT at all soapy or powdery...pretty amazing in it's own right. I'm getting an ozonic metal + amber and lavender. It's pretty dang nice.