BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
scarletmaeve

Honeyed Apple

I expected this to be darker and gooier, but it's actually light and soft. The apple seems more golden than red to me, and the honey isn't one I've smelled in any BPAL blends before. It almost smells like a honey liqueur--this is extra concentrated honey, but it's still not too heavy or too sweet. There's a floral tone to it, but in a different way than in Les Bijoux or Hetairae; this is more an autumn floral than a spring one, fittingly. Definitely a winner for me, despite already having so many apple scents. At this point I think I could just blind-buy any BPAL apple blend and love it.

Honeyed Apple is simple and sweet, and really enjoyable to wear. I agree that this smells like golden apple, and with the honey this smells rich and round and absolutely emblematic of the height of autumn.

It smells so wonderful when wet, but soon thereafter the apple fades and i'm left with the golden honey with a beeswax undertone, The beeswax note is the same as in This Wan White Humming Hive. Really intriguing, i just hope the apple shows up, after the blend settles.

Edited by theredkilt

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Just *gorgeous*. Definitely sweet, juicy, delectable apple and pale, perfumey honey. The lab scents that I have have either a thick, strong, dank (in a good way!) honey with intense throw like in The Witches or more recently Sharing of the Cake HG; or light, sweet almost effervescent honey that I smell in Honey Moon. This is definitely the lighter honey. These two notes blend together into the most beautiful, sweet perfume that wafts juicy apple from time to time but ultimately dries down into a extremely feminine scent with hits of light honey tang. Really nice throw and wear length. It's amazing how just two components come together to create something more than the sum of their parts. If you like sweet girly scents this is for you! Plus, the label is just the cutest. Those little marching trick or treating kitties just make my day! Meow! Might need a backup of this.

This scent is sexy apples. It turns my neck red while wet but once the oil dries it fades... doesn't hurt, just irritates my skin. Don't even care... it smells THAT good.

I'm going to start out by saying this is one of my favorite scents from BPAL. I was just starting to get obsessed with BPAL's oils around that time, and had to add this one to the collection as soon as I had read about it.

Wet in the bottle it's definitely the mouth-watering scent of a caramel-apple lollipop. Almost cloyingly so. After first applying it to my skin it warms up and the honey notes become much more clear. I still smell the apple under there somewhere. Upon the dry down it keeps that syrupy-sweetness to it, but it's not heavy enough to bother me or give me a headache. A lot of other folks have mentioned a clean 'shampoo' smell, but it doesn't come through like that on my skin. After wearing it for an hour or so the apple is barely an undertone but I still smell like sweet, sweet honey. This is a long lasting scent for me, which I don't mind at all. And it carries; the boyfriend walks into the living room after getting home from work, and he always comments how delicious it smells.

I need to get another 5ml vial of this, I hope it ages well!

Sign in to follow this