BPAL Madness!

"I suppose that I am commuting a felony, but it is just possible that I am saving a soul. This fellow will not go wrong again; he is too terribly frightened. Send him to gaol now, and you make him a gaol-bird for life. Besides, it is the season of forgiveness. Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and its solution is its own reward."

White clove, bright carnation, labdanum, sweet patchouli, Terebinth pine, warm sandalwood, and a drop of Ceylon cinnamon.

I'm intimidated to be first, but this scent is so truly lovely.

I love each of the notes in the description, so had high hopes for loving this. And I do! I'm surprised by how well blended it is though, and how well each of the scents work together. Really, this is such a masterful example of a brilliant blend. If I concentrate I can identify each note, but they're complimented by the others, not pure.

It feels mainly brown and comforting and fuzzy, sometimes white and pure. It's grace, a clean slate. It's like getting a fierce warm embrace from someone when you don't quite deserve it.

Update: A month later, I love this scent even more. It's just such an excellent, comforting blend of notes - when I wear it, I can't stop sniffing myself. Beautiful waft and solid wear length - a good 5 hours until it becomes faint and barely noticeable. Though I'm trying to cull my collection, I'm still considering a back up bottle. Edited by ImpImp

I like all of these notes except the pine, and clove can amp on me to single note proportions sometimes, but I really wanted to try this anyway, cuz carnation!

Wet: Clove and pine. Of course. Some sweetness and warmth. The cinnamon comes through as well. Actually this is really nice so far. It is very Christmassy to me. As it settles though, the throw is all carnation.

Dry: An interesting mx or carnation, cinnamon and clove. While I do like al of those notes, for whatever reason I'm not really enjoying them together here. There are hints of sandalwood that are also not working for me in this. It's nice, just not for me.

Clove, pine and cinnamon. This smells like a combination of foodie bread over polished wood floors and a bright Christmas tree. The labdanum is slightly smoky and soporific. Good throw, good wear length.

Food, comfort, sleepy.

Wet: Generic bpal smell and nothing but warm, smokey patchouli. The warmth is nice (and this is a very warm/glowy feeling scent!) Just kind of flat for me. I miss you, Second Morning after Christmas.

Drying: Ohhhh, some of the cinnamon/clove/carnation are starting to come out, and it's much better for it! It needed that faint sweet/spicy edge over the smoke!

Super dry: Smoke's gone, it almost makes me think amber/black musk's in here??? although I know this to be a lie. Just a nice, rounded, vaguely coca-cola thing going on. Maybe it's trying to make me forgive it for the wet stage. I GUESS I FORGIVE YOU.

This gives me a nice feeling throughout. Still, I don't think it's my favorite.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.