BPAL Madness!

The red of an open artery, the red of congealing blood, the red of a scarlet tomb: burgundy musk, bitter clove, crushed saffron, red sandalwood, and red oudh.

Oh Crimson, I'm afraid you are a bit of a dissapointment dear. You were my most anticipated decant. All your notes were perfect win, but then I popped you open with trembling fingers and you smelled - alright. Good, but not great.

Scherezade lights a kretek after a long day sans deodorant.

This is my dream red musk scent, a very deep dark red musk. It truly lives up to the name and invokes a luxurious, sultry crimson red. It makes me feel like being bathed in robes of burgundy velvet. Sigh.

This one's odd, but bear with me. In the bottle, it's got this medicinal thing going on. However on my skin this buggers off directly and amps up those lovely spices and musk. There's definately a dark, pulsating side to this and it's pretty strong with a good throw.
I'm not getting that sherezade feel from it at all, but to me that's a good thing. Really curious as to how this'll age.

This is a soft red musk and clove in equal proportion. There's a soft hint of the nag champa mentioned above, but this is a much tamer scent than Scherezade ever was on me. The woody spice and red musk are surprisingly soft, sweet, and wearable.

In the bottle: Spicy, exotic, red musk and clove

Wet on skin: Clove, saffron, wood, red musk

Dry on skin: A very sophisticated red musk oriental perfume <3

Final thoughts: When first receiving the bottle, I really liked Crimson, but I wasn't head over heels with it even though I love all the notes, as the clove note was very bitter and acrid. Fast forward a couple of months, I wore the perfume occasionally and lately I find myself reaching for my bottle more and more. Oh, it aged! Crimson is a gorgeous, spicy red musk blend. It's reached hoarding status (well, as much as I can). I'm very happy! It's close to my holy grail Ecstasy of Passion (a spicier and deeper version, more oriental).

Try if you like: Scherezade, Ecstasy of Passion, Infernal Lover, Third Charm, red musk

this scent is dark perfection! red musk can be hit or miss on my skin, but burgundy is apparently a winner, a dark swirling complicated beauty that sings out magical notes. the clove adds grit but doesn't amp or add bitterness. there's polish, smoke and spice from the other notes.

this is a perfect musky red incense scent. dark, rich, dreamy. one of my favorites from this release.

This was a complete blind bottle, but one I had been curious about for sometime. My first impression was that is was like nothing I had ever smelled before. My second was that it was like Oblivion's red sibling. One me, the saffron demands the most attention and the musk and clove are merely the back up dancers to its diva status. As I love Oblivion, I am quite thrilled by this development. This is lovely and warm and deeply comforting to me during a time when I need the comfort most.

Oh my gosh, I wish I had just bought a bottle of this when I had the chance.

This is stunning, and the red musk scent I've dreamed of - one where the red musk doesn't overpower everything else in the blend.

It's super super strong though - I might be able to get away with a decant or low partial.

Oh who am I kidding? I need a bottle.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.