BPAL Madness!
shibagast

Between Your Heart And Mine

Heartwood bois de rose and vanilla-touched rose.

Roses! Ahh, roses. I love rose perfumes, so this was a bottle I was eager to try.
Its mostly rose, with the tiniest hint of cream and a solid base of rosewood to it. Those additions add a roundness to the scent, and ground it, so it never turns frivolous, as some rose perfumes can.
Its a great rose for a cold day, and I intend to wear it often.

In the bottle, and initially on my skin, this is a beautifully creamy vanillaed rose--reminiscent of Pink Snowballs, but a bit heavier on the rose. The vanilla just slightly gilds the rose and rounds it out--it truly is "tinged." I'm not 100% sure what bois de rose smells like, but there is some slight powderiness there as well. I'm not sure if that is the bois de rose or the vanilla.

On the dry-down, however, this goes flat-out Off! bug spray. I've been having this difficulty with some of the less-green BPAL roses lately, like Peacock Queen and La Milagrosa. I know some others have a problem with those scents as well, so it may be one to avoid if you find those scents hard to wear. I do have a friend who will love this, though, so Between Your Heart, with its pretty Victorian gentility, need not languish on my shelf forever! <3

Rosewood and rose, astringent in the decant.

Wet: Sharp and soapy rose. Rose soap.

Dry: Softening into something a bit more woodsy, with the vanilla coming out. This is nice, but too close to the soap end for me, alas!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.