BPAL Madness!
ShowOrchid

Edith Cushing

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind: pearlescent vanilla musk with white sandalwood, grey amber, white patchouli, ambrette seed, and oudh.

So sweet and soft! From the bottle it's a pretty ..zingy vanilla and sugar in there, but once applied to skin it directly goes subtler.

Just a lovely edible vanilla with something nutty, and the sandalwood, patchouli and oudh, though subtle, really embrace it and make it the well-rounded perfume that it is. A happy, warm, feminine scent.

EDIT: At first this really had to grow on me due to some of the notes that I didn't know what to think of, but now that I've had it for a couple of months, I find it absolutely lovely, and I dread the day I'm gonna be out of this!

Edited by Cali

VANILLA MUSK. (And the teensiest bit of amber.) Edith has stolen my heart. Warm, sweet, feminine. A classic, simple, elegant fragrance. Picturing a Victorian lady, high collar, white lace. Someday I will need a bottle.

This is what I wanted Reapers Gonna Reap to be (and what I hope it ages into.) Warmer and sweeter, just the right amount of powdery amber. This is just a more inviting and comforting scent. Reminds me of the amber in Lady Death.

Will edit with staying power and any morphing but first impression is HELL YES.

(Also apparently I need to try Lyonesse.)

In the bottle: All I smell is strong brown sugar, almost caramel. It’s not bad, but just wasn’t what I was expecting. It’s super sweet smelling and I’m hoping it smells different on the skin.

Wet on the Skin: The foody vanilla completely goes away once on my skin. I get the oudh at first sniff, and the sweet vanilla with nutty ambrette is pretty prominent as well. I wonder if the ambrette or musk is what’s making it feel stronger and more perfume-like.

Dry on the Skin: Ah, the amber is finally coming out to play, it’s still fairly tame compared to the vanilla and oudh for me. The vanilla musk is gorgeous and hugs close to the skin. The sandalwood and vanilla musk are partners in prominence, but I don’t get much of the white patchouli, but that may be my nose not picking it up. In order of strength I get golden ambrette, musk, vanilla then sandalwood. This is a gorgeous vanilla musk, that is balanced with the ambrette and oudh, keeping it from feeling too gourmand. Throw is decently strong but still wears fairly close to the skin. It is slightly powdery, but not in an old-lady way but in a sophisticated Victorian lady way. It’s true to the character in her innocence and warmth that she embodies.

I hate to agree with a previous reviewer, but I think the comparison to B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar is pretty apt. A warm, vanilla musk is really accurate. I think this might be a tad more adult, ever so slightly less sweet.

This is quite pretty. Very foodie vanilla initially, but the sandalwood and patch help to temper the sweetness.

On me it belongs in the same vein as Pediophobia (minus the part that caused my stomach to turn) and Zorya P.

Feminine, floral, soft musk with some vanilla. Very happy to have tried but this on me is a little high pitched.

In bottle: sweet amber vanilla! This is almost foody, but not quite.

Wet on skin: patchouli and sandalwood rise to the fore with the sweet vanilla amber scent receding a bit, but still present to sweeten and feminize this scent. This might be the copy text and inspiration coloring my perception, but it does feel like a "bookish" scent--it's quite lovely. While it dries out, it does become more unisex, with the woody notes becoming more prominent.

Dry: skin scent. Definitely a skin scent. Dry, this is an almost-foody sandalwood, almost delicious, but never veering directly into foody territory (which is perfect). Picture Edith writing in a library: this scent evokes that. This is also like the unisex version of The Girl, of Lyonesse, and I just love it.

Verdict: do I really need yet another The Girl dupe? No. But it's not a straight dupe, it's a unisex dupe, so that's fine, right? Right? Right?

Wet: Vanilla! Very, very rich smelling, with a little bit of musk. Almost buttery.

Dry: "Pearlescent vanilla" is a perfect description. The buttery stage has worn off, but this is still what I would call a "warm" vanilla scent. Definitely some sandalwood peeking through, and I'm incredibly happy the oudh hasn't tried to take over this blend and ruin it for me. (We have history.)

If you enjoy Zorya P, I think you'd enjoy this as well. Winner!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.