BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Mme. Moriarty, Misfortune Teller (2015)

Red musk, vanilla bean, pomegranate, black currant, patchouli leaf and wild plum.

Imp says September 2015 on it. Label is a bit wrecked so I know this lady has been aged.

In imp: Tart and musky
Initial Skin: :wub3:
Drydown: Hm this is confusing me. First sniff was absolute love. Later sniff, something is a bit off? I think I can't do Pomegranate on my skin. It's becoming a death note for me sadly. But it's brief and passes, shew. It's mostly just smoky musk, I swear sandalwood is in this because of the smoothness. Must be the red musk or a red patch. It gets almost buttery on me and any fruity notes are drowned out. Smooths out into a red-patch red-musk heavy blend. Strong.

Verdict; Musky incensey, with the barest whispers of fruit, and a tonka-reminisce backdrop.

Edited by Aveya

I'm in luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvv! I didn't know that I was a red musk ho until I got some Mme. Moriarty on me.

Wet, it's dark and musky and patchouli-ed out. As it dries, the tart red fruits and vanilla show up. It's very sexy. The vanilla rounds everything out and the combined effect is surprisingly incense-like.

I have tons of new bottles and imps, yet I keep being drawn to Mme. Moriarty and for every occasion, she always feels right.

A sniffie of Mme. Moriarty passed through my hands once and seemed like it might be a red musk blend I could wear. Thanks to a super generous swap partner, I now have a testable amount, and it turns out I was right, although on balance the madame is a little fruitier than my usual taste. Red musk tends to amp to high heaven on my skin, and indeed for the first couple of hours, the throw was all red musk. But when I sniffed my wrist I got a much more complex picture: red musk to be sure, but red fruits and vanilla too, and a little patch. I don't think I'd wear this to work -- it's pretty sexy. But it is surprisingly wearable for me, and I like it a lot.