BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Spirit Photograph (Yule Prototype)

Also previewed here by bheansidhe and here by TTP

So I definitely get that high, crystalline note that you get in House of Mirrors, but on wet and until about 30 minutes in, I got a pretty heavy dusty and papery note.

It dries to a slightly dusty, slightly aquatic, highly similar blend to House of Mirrors. I'd consider this to be very gender neutral.

Rejoice! If you were not around for Carnaval Noir and/or really enjoy high, crystal mirrors and always wanted a perfume that smells like the incantation "Mirror, mirror on the wall", fret no more.

This really is a cold, ethereal scent, with a thin white floral floating over a dry papery note (orris?) and a slight saponin bitterness. (As a former darkroom developer, I can imagine that part is meant to evoke development chemistry). Is the dry note orris? As it develops, it loses the bitter edge and dries into a dusty papery base. I think I get something ghostly like lily-of-the-valley floating on top.

This is a kind of dusty, papery, dried-flowery type of smell, something like you'd expect a Victorian lady in mourning to wear. It took me a while to figure it out, but it reminds me a bit of Shroud, but with a sharper, aquatic note that floats in and out.

Cold aquatic cologne (has a generic, department store, clean, musky, aquatic men's cologne scent to it), a hint of bitter green plants, and something dry, dusty, and papery. Perhaps an amber or sandalwood note? Reminds me a lot of the Plague Doctor v10 prototype. Dries down to wafts of sandalwood incense smoke with just a hint of cold, clean cologne and that bitter greenery. Reminds me of burning notebook paper at times, or paper scented with sandalwood.

Wood? paper? in the bottle. It's hard to describe this. Twigs? The root of a plant? Maybe orris. There's definitely a paper/plant/wood thing going on. Not very pleasant.