BPAL Madness!
AmyO'Shields

Qandisa

The Moroccan Goddess of Carnal Desire. Dwelling in fresh-water springs and rivers, she is doom: her embrace drives men mad with mindless lust. Sacrifices are made to the Lady of Lust on the Summer Solstice in the hopes of placating her passions and driving her red-tinged gaze away. Black musk, blackened saffron, lemon peel, and vetiver draped over thick honey.

starts off like honeyed lemon, sweet and pleasing, then a bit of murk appears from the vetiver, and then something odd that smells burnt and kind of...musty, for lack of a better word. maybe it's the saffron + vetiver doing it, i'm not sure. it smells like burnt lemon candy on my skin unfortunately.

Sharp, smoky vetiver in the imp almost scares me off completely. But on my skin it's not so bad. Smoky and sweet but with a touch of bright lemon. Fun to try!

Ok. I love this. Looots of dark, smoky vetiver here. Beware if vetiver is not yor thing. It sort of reminds me of The Chapel at first. Then the black musk comes into play, adding it's dark powderiness to a thick, sweet honey. After hours of wear, I'm still getting soft whiffs of smoky black musk and sweet charred incense. Kind of like if you mixed Haunted with The Chapel and poured in a bucket of the darkest honey. Dark, sinister, and gorgeously sexy. Bottle please!

In the imp: The honey in this definitely does have a thick quality. The black musk and honey stand out to me the most. Right behind that, I get a smoky, BBQ-like vetiver. I only get a bit of the lemon.

Wet: The black musk, honey, and vetiver notes are the strongest notes, in that order.

Dry: Same. The vetiver is stronger than it was before, but the black musk and honey won't let it overtake them. The lemon rind is present, but not a main player on me. I can smell the blackened saffron if I sniff really closely, but the black musk, honey, and vetiver are so strong! I can sniff this one too much for fear of getting a headache.

Verdict: Honeyed black musk and vetiver are definitely not my cup of tea, but if you fans of those notes should give this one a try.