BPAL Madness!
clover

Black Annis

... Black Annis' perfume is a mixture of damp cave lichen and oak leaf with a hint of vetiver, civet and anise.

Pardon my pun; this is indeed a black anise. The vetiver and civet are strong and sharp, and the anise is gooey without being overly sweet. It has a good amount of throw and staying power. It actually has a strong woody character to it, and I can imagine someone more masculine could easily pull this off. It actually reads more like something designed for a man to my nose!

I have to say that something in here puts me off, and I don't like it as much as I expected to. It's definitely sharp and bold--I don't usually consider myself retiring when it comes to scent, but this is really an attention-getter.

If you like vetiver and anise this one is absolutely for you. Vetiver is really quite strong on me, so I'm not surprised it's very dominant. The anise comes through though, and gives it a bit of a bite. If vetiver doesn't tend to overwhelm on you, and you like something that leans deeper and traditionally masculine it might be worth a shot.

Ashes and earth and little sweetness which I wasnt expecting. I dont really get the anise but maybe thats the sweet that i smell. I kind of like it.

I am afraid of this one. Leaf notes can either smell like bell peppers on me or give me a headache, I am not a fan of anise or civet, and vetiver and I are usually not friends.

In the imp: Anise, moss, and vetiver. I am afraid.

Wet: The anise note takes the center stage. I can also smell the vetiver and moss. Then, I get the musky civet.

Dry: The moss has decided to come out more, which I think tends to happen with moss notes on me. It’s muskier now, thanks to the civet, a little smoky from the vetiver, and I’m still getting lots of anise, but it’s smoother during this stage of the scent. After a while, it ends up being mostly musky moss, leaf, and grassy vetiver on me.

Verdict: Black Annis was not nearly as menacing as I thought it would be. It’s not something I’d wear, but I feel like the description was more intimidating than the perfume oil itself.

I love love love this scent

Wet: Something deep and what I can only describe as nutty. The anise is peeking through but the vetiver and civet are holding it back.

Dry Down: The sweetness of the Anise begins to peek through, sweet and musky, like a boiling pot of anise in a witch's hut in a swamp. Deep and sweet and wild, with just a hint of that nutty flavour Absolutely beautiful.

After a few hours this becomes a lovely sweet note, with the anise sticking around for the longest. Theres something mysterious and dangerous to this, that just draws me in.

After a few hours this is mostly a sugary sweet anise that hangs close to my skin. It's divine honestly I just want to cover everything I own in it. Every stage of this is distinct yet beautiful.

Edited by clockworkcrypt