BPAL Madness!

Ozone, lavender, tobacco flower, and camphor.

In bottle: Lavender dominant with tobacco in support. The camphor is second and I’m not sure I like it. The ozone is understated, but pervasive. Wet: Lavender dominant, but the camphor is creeping up on it. They are working together better on my skin than I expected from the bottle. I like the woodiness of the camphor with the lavender and tobacco, but I think the medicinal edge may still be a little overwhelming. As it warms, the camphor takes over, with the lavender becoming strong support and the tobacco and ozone fading into the background. It’s a clever design to show off the camphor and well blended, but it may be too intense for me. Dry: Weakened camphor with the ghost of lavender. Not for me, but easily for someone else.

Lavender, tobacco, and ozone. This sort of smells like Mysterious Warning on me, minus the leather note. It's more like Mysterious Warning Lite, and I can see the ozone note being problematic for a few people. The drydown is a little different, with the tobacco and ozone sort of sticking around.

But, for those of you that miss Mysterious Warning, Behemoth may be a suitable replacement.

Mainly lavender and tobacco flower here. It does kind of smell like a room where scientific experiments would take place. It's got that 'clean', crisp smell to it, kind of herbal. Though I happen to like lavender, I'm not too fond of tobacco flower, and this really seems to be dominant. It's got a bit of a smoky vibe happening which is rather unpleasant to me. It's not too bad, but I will not be reaching for this one again.

eta: I do get the Mysterious Warning comparison, one of my faves, but the tobacco flower is just stomping over everything for me. MW is also sweeter with more lavender.

Edited by milo

I'm a little confused about this. When I first got this frimp from the Lab, I didn't recognize the name, but didn't really think anything of it. Then when I went to test it I looked it up on my spreadsheet under my GC tab (yes my spreadsheet is super organized, I am nerdy that way) and couldn't find it. The Lab's search function is down, but here I find the review thread under Streamworks. But when I thoroughly checked my spreadsheet I did find it under "unreleased". Cool! Thanks Lab, for the special frimp!

Wet: Lots of lavender, and ozone, which is quite soapy on me. I like it though, and immediately think it would make a good sleep scent. The tobacco flower in it is really nice too.

Dry: Very perfumey. This smells like Fractured Singularity on me - they both share tobacco flower, so I think that's what I'm smelling here. I love it, and am glad I have Fractured Singularity, otherwise I would want to track down more of this.

I just received this as a frimp, and I LOVE it. Very disappointed it's not available to buy. Beautifully herby and I must find more!