BPAL Madness!
orata

Doozers

The scent of industrious cooperation: glittering crystals, soft soil, and radish dust.

I like this a lot! Wet, the topnote is sparkly radish underlaid with a soft version of bpal's dirt note. As it dries down, the radish gradually disappears, and the dirt note becomes stronger, slightly cologne-y and slightly powdery, but neither in a bad way- it's actually kind of elegant? I love the idea of dirt notes, but all of bpal's dirt-heavy blends don't really work on me, so I was glad to find this. The radish and dirt notes make it pretty unique, but the cologne-y underbelly keeps it from being too much of a novelty only scent.

This had medium throw and good lasting power- I could still smell it on my wrists 10 hours after applying. I suspect my decant is a bit old, so I'm wondering if the lovely radish note hangs around longer when fresh.

Right off this is the BPAL moist dirt note - what you find in graveyard dirt, but this doesn't go dark - this is a BPAL dirt scent I could wear more day to day. Like several other reviewers have noted, as this dries it morphs and there's a creamy, sweet floral that lurks with the dirt.

Well it's sharp radishes and black dirt. There is something a little sweet, which might be the crystals? This was interesting and fun, but a little too earthy for my tastes!

In the decant: Soft dry soil (at least, it is drier than other soil scents I've smelled from the Lab), possibly some powdery orris, and radish dust.

Wet: Soft soil (it doesn't smell like wet, freshly upturned earth to me), something soft and powdery (which I still think may be orris, probably representing the crystals), and peppery radishes. The peppery radish note is very realistic and seems to be getting stronger over time, backed by the soft soil note.

Dry: The radishes are still peppery, but not as strong as they were before. I'm getting more of the soft soil now, accompanied by whatever that powdery note is. (I'm still thinking orris.)

After a while, the powdery note (yeah, I'm going with orris root) takes over the soil note, resulting in a slightly pepper-y, dirt-mingled powder.

Verdict: The radish note in this is very realistic! But the dirt note is not one of my favorites from the Lab, and I am not fond of the powdery note that must be representing the glittering crystals. I guess smelling like Doozers is not meant to be, but I'm really glad that I got to try it.