BPAL Madness!

Red Fraggle is a nonstop whirligig of activity. To her fellow Fraggles, Red is often seen as a flash of crimson racing to her next athletic pursuit. She is Fraggle Rock champion in Tug-of-War, Diving while Singing Backwards, the Blindfolded One-Legged Radish Relay, and a number of other traditional Fraggle sports. She is outgoing, enthusiastic, and athletic, but take note – her impetuosity can get her into real trouble.

Sporty and energetic: sweet red currant, tangy cranberry, pink musk, and spicy pink pepper.

Whoo, I'm first to review!! :)
Red was always my favorite Fraggle, because she was a girl but tough and tomboyish and determined.
This scent is very much what I would think would encapsulate a personality like Red's.
It is tart, sweet, vibrant and tangy. Very bright and energetic.
The cranberry and red currant gives me a cranberry lemonade or candy type of vibe, very juicy and sweet-tart. The musk rounds it out and holds it together, and the pink pepper adds just a slight kick to it.
I really love it!

Thoughts before testing: I love cranberry, pink musk, and pink pepper, but red currant very rarely works for me. This should be interesting!

Wet: Heavy on the pink musk and pepper, and only the slightest hints of cranberry or currant. This is actually really pretty at this stage.

Dry down: Oof. The currant comes to the forefront now and has magically morphed into Pez candies on my wrist. This is sickly sweet and making me a slightly sick to my stomach.

Dry: The sickly sweetness has amplified, and I had to wash it off after less than an hour on my skin.

Final thoughts: This will be the last blend with red currants that I try. I'm not sure what's wrong with my skin chemistry that turns currants so sickeningly sweet, but c'est la vie I suppose.

Verdict: Off to the sales!

Red was my first choice of Fraggle scents because I do well with fruity musks. Red currant is a note of love for me. I'm less good with pink musk, specifically, and haven't been able to wear any of the scents including it.

In the vial: Very fruity, a touch astringent, a slight tickle. Mouth-watering.

Wet: Fruity-warm, with a musky impression and something a bit sparkly.

One hour: Warm light musk and fruit, more cranberry than currant now. The pink pepper seems to add a bit of woodiness at the outside of the scent, but no more.

Two hours: Softer now, a very pleasant warm soft fruity scent. This is Red at her supportive, loyal, optimistic best rather than her manic, chaotic moments. I like it.

Three hours: A very close, soft, fruit light musk. This is the best pink musk has ever been on me!

Although this isn't going to be the best red currant scent in my drawer (I prefer them with more wood notes), it's plenty good enough that I will want more.

First impression: How can this combination of scents fade so quickly?!?

Red is a lovely scent, bright and fizzy and not too overtly fruity. Almost reminiscent of the juniper/gin note in Velvet Pink Kitty and Blue Fire. Probably leaning more Pink than Red, if you want to get picky like that. But my skin just eats it. The red currant was the only note to stick around for more than 5 minutes...and even that only lasted about 10.

I plan to try it in a scent locket and report back.

I could not order a bottle of this fast enough, as my decants came yesterday and I ordered the bottle yesterday, I think that was pretty darn fast.

To me, Red is like summer in a bottle. Tart, sweet, so gorgeously blended, sophisticated enough for a grown up lady, but pretty enough that my daughters will say Mommy you smell good.

The dry down has a rich almost chocolatey smell, whatever it is it's nice.

Also has great staying power.

Red is a cheerful, uncomplicated cranberry scent on my skin, like cranberry juice cocktail. I can smell the red currant as well, and maybe a tiny tickle of spice from the pink pepper. It's very light and fades fast on me, although I didn't put it on a pulse point, just on my arm, so perhaps that's contributing? I don't find it especially "sparkly" or "fizzy," but soft and brightly fruity.

In decant: Somehow it smells like red hairspray?

Wet on skin: It smells a bit like strawberry Suave shampoo to me. I can just pick up the cranberry and a fruity musk. I had a sneezing fit about two minutes in but I'm not sure if it's related.

Dry on skin: It's super pink for sure but somehow it's smelling a bit aquatic to me as well. I'm not sure what note that is but I think it's the cranberry. I can definitely pink up the fruit musk and currant but it still reminds me a little bit of shampoo. The tanginess makes it smell a little bit like powdery candy.

Verdict: I think I'm gong to put this away for a little bit and see if it doesn't need a little age. Right now, it's a generic pink/red musk scent to me.

In bottle: This is very much as one would expect from the notes and concept. It’s aggressively fruity and fresh with a peppery edge that suits red’s character. The pink musk works beautifully with the pepper, providing a clever support to the fruit and almost creating the illusion of grapefruit. The cranberry is the dominant note, by the way, though with the current and support, it feels all season instead of Fall, if that makes sense. Wet: still cranberry dominant, still bright red and juicy. The Pepper and pink musk are more understated on the skin at first, but bounce back as the oil warms, to end up a little stronger than in the imp, but still well balanced. This isn’t much me, but I can think of several friends it would be perfect on, and I like it enough on me to wear. Dry: Mostly pink pepper with pink musk a strong second. The fruit is soft and no longer easy to differentiate.

I agree with Gwydion, this is just as I imagined it.

The cranberry and current are balanced on application, but the current comes out more for me with time-- it goes from being somewhat sour and fizzy to sweeter and rounder. The musk amps on me and unfortunately I dont get as much pink pepper as I was hoping for (love me some pink pepper).

It's a little bit nose tickling to me (is that the pepper?! why can't I smell the note :huh?: and kinda boring eventually. Pretty, but not my thing and not unique enough for my liking.

Edited by MCS4096

This is all cranberry and currant on me. Usually pink musk does dubious things on me, and it doesn't here, but it isn't doing much exciting either. I can't really make out the pink pepper either. It's just a sweet, slightly tart, juicy fruity scent. Not sure I'll wear this much.

Fruity and fun!!!! I feel like I am a kid again, eating fresh oranges while watching Fraggle Rock. I love it! But I am wearing this now and it is giving me a headache b/c it is not the right day to wear it. However, I will find the right day to wear it and it will be worn and loved! :wub2:

This was a combo of LOVE notes (pink musk, pink pepper), and not sure notes (currant, cranberry) so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. The verdict is this is cute, and spunky, but not for me. The red fruits were pretty predominant. It was a too sweet, red fruity juicy candy for me. I wish the pepper and musk were more dominant

At first, this was all berry all the time - the cranberry had a definite slightly-tart tang to it, and the red currant had a lovely sweetness. Over about 15 minutes, the two berries mellowed out a bit and the pink musk made an appearance - that totally changed it from being berrylicious to something more grown-up and complex. I really love pink pepper - it's been a star in some other blends (Hermia, and High-Strung Daisies come to mind, and also BPTP's L'Essence de la Folie recently) - and here it provides a nice little hint of spice to balance all that pink/red business.

I really enjoyed the first half-hour of Red on my skin, but ultimately it dries down to a pretty 'generic' berry/fruity smell that kinda reminds me of how those 'fruit flavoured' lip glosses smell. I wish the musk and pink pepper were stronger players here, but alas.. nope. Fun to try, but not a keeper for me.

Very tart and fruity.

I was hoping the musk and pepper would come into play more, but this ends up a very pink candy scent. I really like the fruit notes here, the currant and cranberry are lovely and bright, but I think it makes the scent a little high pitched or unbalanced for me, and it ends up lacking anything to temper, darken, or add complexity.

My sister ended up running off with the imp -- she loves tart and fruity scents, so if that's your bag, this scent is definitely for you. However if you were hoping for something a different and unique you may be disappointed. It was nice, but not something I would seek out more of or even really want to wear again.

Red is mostly red currant and cranberry. It's like wearing sweet tarts candies mixed with sour, red fruit punch. As it dries down, the musk gives the scent a perfumey edge, but it's still a very simple, kind've boring scent for me. Too tart/sour for my tastes.

In the vial and wet on skin, this is predominantly a bright-berry sort of scent, fruity and sweet with a faint bite of pepper. As it dries, I get a hint of pink musk coming through, and the cranberry is starting to turn to fizzy Refreshers candy (oh, my skin chemistry) but not obnoxiously so. Sticks fairly close to the skin, little to no throw, and it seems like it's going to fade pretty fast.

This is red alright--sweet, tangy red fruits that remind me of things like Sweettarts and all the red varieties of Starbursts. It's red fruit candy that's kept from being cloying by the zing of natural sourness from the fruit as well as a bit of a snap from the pink pepper, then made a little more grown up with the pink musk. I had to refrain from licking it off.

Huh, I'm not sure how to describe this!

Off the bat it was a very tangy fruity smell but the tang died down relatively quickly - still there but not dominant. Then a soft, almost floral note, came into the background. It definitely smells like candy - I want to say sweet tarts?

I guess my conclusion is that this smells like red slightly floral sweet tart.

ITI: Pink! If color smelled to me, this is what pink would smell like. Pink pepper is very clearly the top note, followed shortly by the currant and cranberry.

Wet: It does not change much when it hits my skin, although the currant and cranberry are stronger than the pink pepper now. It is a rather energetic scent, though.

Dry: (20 minutes) It’s still delicious, although slightly candy-like in its currant and cranberry combination. The pink musk (and it is pink) is amping up a bit, which makes me think of cotton candy when I smell it.

I was REALLY excited about wearing Red. My preconceptions were for a vibrant, bold, tangy, fruity scent.

It's a lot more delicate than that for me. It is fruity, in a tart dry sort of cranberry way (not my preference when it comes to fruity- I want juice smacking me in the face). The tang is certainly there- the spicy pink pepper excited me when reading the description a LOT more than it should have. It's just a touch, and only adds an extra little fizz to the blend.

The scent didn't last very long on me, it didn't have much throw, in fact half the day I didn't even realize I was wearing it. I tried it twice within a month and it's just a no go. It's pleasant and soft, and I think it really does fit Red a lot more than you'd think. Something about it is kind of.. dopey. Like that air-headed athletic girl trying too hard yet missing the rock in front of her. It's quirky, cute, and I think if on the right skin chemistry could bloom into something really pretty. Because apparently, my body EATS cranberry. I could hardly tell it was doing anything <-<;.

Off to swaps to hopefully find a more appropriate owner.

In the bottle: Red candies (I think it's the red currant's fault more than anything)

Wet on the skin: Red candies.

Drydown: Pink candies

I get BERRIES, SWEET BERRIES aaall the time from Red. I wish there'd be more pink musk involved, maybe on a longer drydown? I couldn't keep it on for long enough to find out.

Thankfully, this wasn't a purchase for me, but for a friend who's a fan of Red the Fraggle and hopefully don't amp sweet berries to high heaven. ;)

Red, sweet, juicy fruit, with a dab of pink pepper.

It's like SWEET BERRY POWER.

And smells mildly like a strawberry shortcake doll.

Sniff: Sugar & sparkles!

Wet: This is sweet & tart hard candy, over a musky base. Has a fizzy tang and almost raspberry-like sourness.

Dry: Well, this fades incredibly fast on me. It dries to just a trace of light musk, then disappears in an hour. It's definitely a scent with a sweet tooth. Sadly, this really doesn't work on me.

A friend of mine wanted to try this, so I dug my decant out & realised I hadn't tried it. Cranberry is the most prominent note for me, along with a kick from the pink pepper. It reminds me a little of Punkie Night, which I'm guessing is because of the cranberry. Unlike Punkie Night however, this disappears on my skin almost immediately. Disappointing for me, but good news for my friend who will receive my decant!