BPAL Madness!
orata

Boober

According to Boober Fraggle, there are only two things certain in this world: death and laundry. Boober is terrified by the former and fascinated by the latter. He is also paranoid and superstitious. According to Boober, anything that can go wrong surely will, and when it does, it will inevitably happen to him.

A fretfully clean scent: freshly-washed laundry, linden blossom, soap suds, and a sprinkle of vanilla.

Linden lovers rejoice! This is almost all linden blossom to me. As it dries, the soapy/linen notes start to battle with the linden, but it retains that heavy honeyed green floral linden note, keeping it from smelling as sharply clean as Wensleydale. It's about 90 degrees here right now and this feels like a perfect clean skin scent to wear in this heat.

This is my favorite fresh-washed scent I've ever tried. Often they contain something creamy, musky, or very soapy that doesn't agree with me, but here the linden blossom and the bit of vanilla combine to make this smell very fresh and not at all cloying, sour, or sticky. Basically, it's like the nicest laundry detergent in the world. Just lovely for a hot summer day. I also think this would make a very nice perfume for a young person just getting started with scent.

Thoughts before testing: I mourned the loss of Cottonmouth with it's unparalleled linden blossom note, and so any blend that note is an automatic try for me. I'm a little worried by the soap suds note, but I'm hoping for a win with Boober!

Wet: This opens with a beautiful blast of linden blossom and only a slight tinge of "clean" smell that's not overtly soapy.

Dry down: Not much change from the wet stage, only maybe a little more balanced. This is really pretty actually. Not astringent at all, and perfect for the 100 degree weather here.

Dry: The linden blossom starts to recede a little and Boober becomes a nice clean scent with a floral background.

Final thoughts: This is a really pretty scent. The linden blossom is stunning and the soap suds aren't sharp and piercing. I really like this overall and would definitely recommend it for someone who is young or just starting to appreciate perfume. I'll be keeping my imp for the disgustingly hot weather my area is having here, but I don't think I need a bottle.

Verdict: Keeper, but not bottle worthy.

Edited for spelling :blush:

Edited by Alethia

This is absolutely the best "Clean, laundry" scent I've ever tried!!

This is what I wished Dirty would have been!!

Wonderful linden blossom, not too soapy, just clean and beautiful. :wub2:

Like barreling into a fresh pile of cleaned and dried laundry and huffing an amazing fabric softener.

I think I may need a bottle of this.

I too am a huge fan of the linden note but haven't quite found the perfect expression of it yet. (Cottonmouth is the best on me so far.) I have high hopes for Boober.

In the vial: Honey-sweet linden. Beautiful!

Wet: I actually think I may have found a linden I can wear. Oh, I hope so!

One hour: At first it was all warm sweet linden. Now that it's set in a bit, there's something a bit soapy about it, perhaps a light lily or geranium note. There's also something else I was thinking about absently as I did other things, then realized what it was. There's an aquatic note in here. And then I thought, well duh, of course there is, it's laundry!!! But the aquatic is light enough that it doesn't give me any trouble. I'm fine with lightly soapy notes, especially if it means I still get the linden. The linden is very light but consistent.

Two hours: Less aquatic now, this scent is now a soapy duet with the linden. There's something a little darker in there now, too, something almost woody-spicy like aniseed or fennel.

Three hours: Slightly warm, slightly woody, mature linden. It's a sort of floral-honey impression, only very light. I am surprised how little in evidence the vanilla has been in this scent -- which is fine with me. Even a little vanilla can dominate a scent for me, and I haven't had that problem with this one at all.

I expect I will get a bottle of Boober; that linden note is irresistible.

I love linden blossom, but I can't smell it. This is pure laundry soap. A nice laundry soap - but I use unscented laundry soap for a reason, so this won't be an upgrade for me.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: After reading the description I was hoping for a scent akin to Antique Lace with linen, vanilla, some flowers and a hint of musk.

In the vial: Sweet, soapy flowers. Not at all like Antique Lace's vanilla musk. This is a very innocent scent, fresh and bubbly and very inviting.

Wet: A tad less soapy and a little more herby, but still very clean and bright. Potentially a good summer scent, cool and refreshing, for those who can't or don't do acquatics.

Drydown: The herby edge backs off and the vanilla starts to emerge as more than just "sweet". The soapy impression is mostly gone, leaving a lightly floral clean scent.

Verdict: I think I like it well enough to get a bottle in my next order.

Another linden lover here ^_^

If I put my nose close to my skin I get a lot more of the clean laundry-ness, but the throw is all glorious juicy green linden. I love it! I get no vanilla whatsoever.

Also, I've applied it somewhat close to Doozers and they smell fabulous together.

Edited by MCS4096

Boober is the Fraggle scent I almost wasn't brave enough to buy. But I did, and lucky for me.

And it's funny how weird noses and skin chemistries are! There are several BPAL scents that turn to too-fresh dryer sheets or pure soap on me (some are clearly finely milled French soaps, but still: soap). Then comes Boober which is *supposed* to smell of soap and laundry, but doesn't!

To me and on me, Boober smells like a baby's head: soft and a little sweet and a bit powdery but not to the point that you say "hey that's powdery!" It is that gentle scent that is clearly clean and fresh but not to the point that you say "hey that's clean and fresh!" because you are way too busy huffing that infant's head and thinking about how good it smells, and why can't they capture that in a bottle. Well here you go folks.

In Bottle: It really is as described. Linden blossoms are strongest, but it really does smell like clean laundry hanging in a garden. The linen blends beautifully with the linden blossoms. The soap suds are understated and give the impression of clean. The Vanilla supports and deepens the florals. Lovely. Wet: Still very much a bright, breezy, clean smelling floral. The linden flowers are even richer, stronger, and more nuance as the skin warms them. It’s not very me, but I’d love this on someone else. Dry: Linen mostly.

Dryer sheets. High quality dryer sheets.

I am not sure how much use I will get out of this, but it is really a beautiful "clean" scent. If you are into the clean linen scent family, do not pass this one up. Happy I got a decant and not a bottle, but I am going to keep this imp on hand for that *what if* instance.

Beautiful linden with a teeny, tiny hint of vanilla. This is my favorite out of the series - I don't smell like candy or hairspray... :wub2:

Edited by countessmouse

In decant: lovely!! Creamy linden blossom and clean floral. Definitely freshly-washed, but not overtly soapy to me.

Wet on skin: LOVELY!! I'm thinking, I will need to deathmatch this with The Unicorn, which is my super favorite linden scent. This is absolutely fabulous. Clean, light, and feminine, with that super lovely linden blossom with vanilla supporting it and giving that lovely creamy vibe. I can also sense the lab's linen note. Dare I say it, an Antique Lace for linden blossom?!

Dry: I am in love. This is a simpler but creamier The Unicorn--if you mourned the loss of that one like I did (well, in hindsight anyway), then you need, need to try this out. Being such a lover of vanillas and linden blossom, this is like the ULTIMATE linden/vanilla perfume. However, much later (about an hour plus onward), the linden scent has pretty much gone, leaving this a clean and freshly laundered linen scent. I'm hoping aging will improve the longevity.

Verdict: I wish the linden blossom stayed, but this is still pretty nice as it is, and I'm hoping aging helps along with keeping the linden around. I think I will still get a bottle of this, but The Unicorn is still top, for me.

I was a bit taken aback at first by the blast of soap that I got from Boober when I first put it on - something about the soap and the linden blossom was creating a smell not unlike dying flowers, and I didn't really like that at all. But thankfully within 15 minutes the linden comes to the front, leaving the soap behind - phew!

As others have said, this is definitely a 'clean' scent.. but it's more than that - there's a definite floral tone from the linden blossom, and also something almost violet-like if I really take a big whiff of my arm - and I swear I can smell something green in there too. I'm really not getting much of the vanilla at all - I know it's there, because otherwise this would just be linden and soap, but it's definitely not a prominent note on my skin. It's interesting that the word 'fretfully' is included in the scent description - that's how this one is on me.. it just never really settles; it keeps fidgeting around and can't seem to decide which way to go.. floral, or soap? Soap, or floral? Geez.

Overall, the floraliness (that IS SO a word!) of Boober just kinda spoils it for me - it's just a wee bit too much. I'd like to swap out a bit of the linden for a bigger sprinkle of vanilla :)

I really don't think anything is ever going to beat Cottonmouth for me, when it comes to linden blossom in the BPAL world.

Boober smells like spilling laundry soap liquid all over yourself in the laundry soap aisle.

This is obviously soapy and has a tart, powdery floral note to it that just smells like generic 'spring flowers' scented laundry soap on my skin. I try to avoid the laundry soap aisle at the grocery store, because that strong, artificial mishmash of soapy scents just makes me ill, so Boober is basically a headache in a bottle for me.

I was hoping for more of a delicate, realistic floral + vanilla.

This definitely smells like laundry detergent to me. NICE laundry detergent. But still laundry detergent.

A sweet, soapy floral, clean and fresh and just a little bit green. I think I just don't recognize the scent of linden blossom, because obviously that's probably the floral here, but it just reads as generically floral to my nose. Sorry flower-lovers, but I suck at identifying flower scents.

Absolutely not my kind of thing, but if the description appealed to you you'll probably like this one.

Vanilla laundry. Boober, I think I love you. :lovestruck: When something is supposed to smell soapy and is in a completely different universe from my aunt's guest soaps, I'm all over it. Linden can sometimes go sharp or lemony on me, but not here. It just keeps contributing to the fresh and clean feel. For a moment I'm in the washroom with a great big bundle of fluffy white towels rolling out of the dryer and the smell fo sweet pink soap lingering in the air. Heavenly.

Linden and vanilla. It smells clean, and vanilla and Invidiana said it best when she said "vanilla laundry". It's a gentle, clean, scent.

I'd also use this as soap, cleaning product, candle, etc. It's got that fresh, clean vibe that would make your house smell AWESOME.

This is a clean scent but I don't find it soapy at all. I mostly get soft, linden blossom and linen from this with a hint of the soapsuds in the background. They aren't actually 'soapy' though, they just add a clean element to the scent. It's not as clean as I was expecting it to be though, it's mostly floral on me. I really like this, it's quite light and seems versatile. :heart:

Edited by becca_s

This is so pretty!! It's not quite what I expected but that's not necessarily a bad thing. From the very first moment this smelled floral to me. But slowly the "laundry" element came out. I definitely get "white" out of this scent. It would be especially fabulous in the spring (And even summer). I don't know, every time I smell it I feel oddly uplifted! Bottle please!

Ye gads I must have a bottle. Sweet crisp light lemony clean freshness. Hints of green tea and soft lovliness. Reminds me slightly of The Unicorn but with more green. :heart:

ITI: It is a very clean scent. It reminds me of Downy for some reason; however, this is far prettier. The linden blossom with the vanilla make it feminine while still having that “freshly washed” association.

Wet: Similar to ITI, but much more vanilla and a little bit of hard olive-oil based soap with oatmeal.

Dry: After 8 hours and some time in front of a furnace, only light linden blossom remains.

Yes, definitely a clean scent. Smells too much like laundry detergent or fabric softener though for me to want to wear this as a perfume.

Dear Boober,

I expected you to be clean, and almost antiseptic. I was shocked to find you warm and comforting too. My world turned upside-down on me. For someone so full of doom and gloom, you were so lovely and light. We had a great thing going, and really gave it our best shot. Unfortunately, I'm just a dirty, dirty girl and you're too clean for me. You almost managed to change me, but in the end, I had to be true to myself. I hope you can remember our time together as fondly as I do, you'll always have a special place in my heart.

Much love,

arlith