BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Absinthe and Lace

Inspired by Edgar Degas' L'Absinthe, and created in the vein of the Dark Delicacies / Black Phoenix lace-themed collaborations. A scent of dissipation and ennui: green cognac and icy absinthe, louched, spilling onto lace that is drooping with neglect and darkened by tobacco smoke.

The lace scents really are lovely - I have been trying several out lately and they all have qualities I like. This definitely gets better on the drydown. Each time I have tried it, I have been skeptical at first - the tobacco smoke being a bit much, but then it settles down, and I find myself wondering what is that gorgeous scent, and I realize it is this!

Wet: Wow. Less absinthe than I expected, making this actually way better than I could have thought. This is good! Tobacco, general booziness, and hints of anise. Nice!!

Dry: Lovely. Sweetness from the cognac and tobacco, hints of spicy anise. I like this way more than I expected to, and will now have to hunt down a bottle.

Wet: Yum. I get the cognac right away, which is nice because the lab's cognac scent usually dies on me. I do get something soft that might be vanilla or linen. It's sweeter than I expected, but still has that alcohol quality I expect from the lab's liquer scents.

Dry: Something in the green, sweet quality of this reminds me of Gennivre, which I was wearing today. The tobacco is just finally starting to come out as I get my nose right on top of my skin. This is just awesome.