BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Full disclosure, my imp is at least 4 years old, but may be as old as a decade. There is a chance it may have simply soured rather than aged gracefully.

All the listed notes sound like it would be up my alley, but it went immediately NOPE on application. Wet all I could get was generic bodywash berry scent and something acrid and chemical. No tea, no herbs, no green. The acrid smell lightened quite a bit upon drydown, but it kept the generic berry scent.

This smells like something I might have bought at Bath & Bodyworks 15 years ago, but not something I care to smell like now. There is a part of me that wants to get a fresh imp and try it again, but considering any full bottle I may acquire will probably be around for years before being fully emptied this result doesn't bode well.

I'm having a tough time with this one. I was hoping this would remind me of childhood weekends in Vermont, up on a barely-populated mountain as I raided the blackberry bushes behind our cabin after having a mug of sage tea. Instead it reminds me a bit of Sambucol syrup, more cloying than fresh. I also am growing suspicious that the Lab's green tea note goes baby wipes on me, as there's definitely a hint of that picking up as it dries. I think it might be alright in the warmer weather so I'll be keeping my imp, but I don't see myself buying more in the future.

edit: a month later (but not all that much warmer) I tried again layered over Lightning and that definitely helped brighten the berries, and the baby wipe smell never showed up. However, it had zero throw and was gone in a couple hours. Oh well.

Edited by Juliamon

wet in imp: musky sweet sage with a little sharp green tea

wet on skin: musky sage

drying down: sweet berry sage musk, this is kind of like dorian ate some berries and rolled around in an herb patch - it has that same sweet, musky tea vibe, but with sage and berry as the sweet

dry: berry is stepping forward and the sage, tea, and musk are all blending together as a nice background.

i normally don't like fruity scents, but this isn't a fruit forward smell. it's there to add sweetness, but not fruitiness. also, dark musks normally go off on me, but not here. I think there's enough green and fruit to keep them from going burnt or sour.